• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Valve's fake, rigged, waste of time Progress Quest troll Portal 2 ARG

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Feep said:
If you 36 potato folk get giftable copies, I would *love* a copy of Amnesia. I hear such great things about it, and it's been a long time since I played anything scary.

(How scary IS it?)

Scary enough that the Justine DLC you need to play for the potato, even with a complete walkthrough, was plenty for me to know I should wait a few months before attempting the real game. :p

Fireblend

Banned
Trouble said:
Dream on.
It's plausible. By the time both games reach 100% completion the countdown will be at least below 4 hours. Audiosurf took 80 mins off the counter, so say these games take out 90 each, having larger CPU requirements than AS; that'd put us at 1 hour from release...

Hawkian said:
Scary enough that the Justine DLC you need to play for the potato, even with a complete walkthrough, was plenty for me to know I should wait a few months before attempting the real game. :p

I was watching a play-through on YouTube the other day. Doing that definitely makes scary games more bearable, but I know if I'd been playing myself I'd be almost paralyzed with irrational fear.

Drkirby said:
*Sees Portal 2 Update*

:O

preload.png

:(
I wondered what was that. Disappointed =(

Datwheezy

Unconfirmed Member
Crunched said:
Is anyone else unable to log on to Steam? I'm on my Mac and I keep plugging in my password but the login prompt keeps reappearing.

Had a problem with connection errors earlier. Rebooted, everything was fixed.

KScorp

Lostconfused said:
Really the best thing to do is just go to sleep early. By the time you wake up the game will be unlocked and decrypted.

I should probably type up my essay, take a 2 hour nap, and watch the internet explode.

It will take hours to unlock anyway.

Ark

Lostconfused said:
Really the best thing to do is just go to sleep early. By the time you wake up the game will be unlocked and decrypted.

Almost 3am here now, and I'm actually not tired ;__;

Tough choice whether to force myself to sleep now, or be super extra tired tomorrow.

Ozone

I'm predicting the first level of the Steam version of Portal 2 will be you in a giant room full of potatoes. You'll have to climb up a mountain of them to get to the real game, but it'll take 12 hours to complete.

Jintor

Man, once Killing Floor unlocks hopefully the extra flood of CPUs dropping into other games will power them through within an hour

XeroSauce

What happens to potatoes earned at this time?

Jintor said:
Man, once Killing Floor unlocks hopefully the extra flood of CPUs dropping into other games will power them through within an hour

6k of Killing Floor players are actual KF players. :/

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
In 4.5 hours I will be playing Portal 2.

How exciting!

Ark

Pookaki said:
Its ALWAYS better to sleep, even if only for an hour.

Yup, off to bed now.

If I'm not playing Portal 2 within 30 minutes after I leave my bed, I'll throw my shoe at a Ferrari.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Why do I feel like if we would have gone for the "easier" games first we would have been playing this in like an hour? :/

Bisonian

TheOGB said:
So I just decided to see how much time until Portatol 2 and the potatoes are...

yeah why is this happening

Potato thieves! :(

Actually it's using the potatoes to double the rate the bars are filling up at. If they didn't do that, we wouldn't have made the midnight launch*!

(*If we make the midnight launch)

THRILLH0

Banned
Heads up for Australians, apparently Valve has given EB/GAME/JB the ok to sell today.

Whether it's official or not all the stores near me are selling. Obviously not that helpful for the PC version.

Top Bottom