• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Valve's fake, rigged, waste of time Progress Quest troll Portal 2 ARG

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
sflufan said:
I agree.

Those poor souls are just like the Haitian and Japanese earthquake victims. We should set up a fund for them or something.
gee i guess no one should have a negative opinion on anything ever then. at least they're not earthquake victims!

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
Twig said:
What time zone?

No idea, ironically enough, according to the timer, the game will be unlocked 11:30PM in my country!

EDIT: LOL at the title change, love the mods from here.

Firehead said:
Apologies!
Only uncover this if you want the secret menu thing to be spoiled:

BUY GESTURES
BUY SMALL FLAGS TO PUT ON YOUR BOT
BUY HATS
BUY COMPANION CUBE SKIN
BUY ALL FOR 35.99 (on sale)/ 85.64(off sale)

wish i was surprised

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Wow, you must be pretty bitter Evilore with that title change.

BS, but what can you actually do. Lets see if the game will come out at Midnight or not.

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I can't believe people are complaining that the game may actually come out earlier than expected.

KarmaCow

Firehead said:
Apologies!
Only uncover this if you want the secret menu thing to be spoiled:

BUY GESTURES
BUY SMALL FLAGS TO PUT ON YOUR BOT
BUY HATS
BUY COMPANION CUBE SKIN
BUY ALL FOR 35.99 (on sale)/ 85.64(off sale)

I don't really care about Portal skins/hat/bears but that price is hilarious. Wow, Good god.

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
Drkirby said:
Wow, you must be pretty bitter Evilore with that title change.

BS, but what can you actually do. Lets see if the game will come out at Midnight or not.

Not bitter, just calling it what it is.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
MThanded said:
1st world problem

I think its cool there was an ARG at all. Its optional people probably enjoyed participating.
Everything was cool until the ending."1st world problem" or not, it's still wrong. No, it's not a big deal. Not really. In the grand scheme of things, it's utterly unimportant.

Valve was still wrong, though.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
Orellio said:
It's the first non-L4D release in 3.5 years

WE SO EXCITED

Damn, I didn't know that we had passed such a long time without a Valve game.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
blamite said:
WOAH. There were real spoilers in there. WOAH.
Seriously.. don't highlight that shit people.

I don't know if that's true or not, but if it is, I'm going to have to fucking strangle someone.

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Htown said:
Everything was cool until the ending."1st world problem" or not, it's still wrong. No, it's not a big deal. Not really. In the grand scheme of things, it's utterly unimportant.

Valve was still wrong, though.
How is it wrong. Nobody forced you to get involved or get your hopes up. It was all in good fun. People are having fun and that was the point.

Valve never promised to get you the game early and now its possibly coming earlier than expected and its wrong?

Ozone said:
Already ordered the wedding cake.

portalcake.jpg
i want a divorce

Red

MThanded said:
1st world problem

I think its cool there was an ARG at all. Its optional people probably enjoyed participating.
Ah yes, we were optionally trolled. I guess the 3rd world analogy would be if you work hard enough maybe we'll give you clean water before you die.

DatBreh

Banned
What i find funny is that during the ARG people found the puzzle to be fun on its own merit but now that it didnt unlock Portal 2 early its a huge waste of time.

Top Bottom