• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Valve's fake, rigged, waste of time Progress Quest troll Portal 2 ARG

Campster

Do you like my tight white sweater? STOP STARING
Hey, mine just unlocked. Maybe they're rolling them out faster now?

For the record, I'm not friends with dinosaur.

Striek

If nothing else happens then this has been a great way for Valve to sell some games to their most loyal fans and to use them as free marketing tools. Even though I haven't participated (not getting Portal 2 at launch) I've enjoyed reading this thread over the weekend...

If I had been getting Portal 2 and actually participated in hope of getting it earlier I'd be pissed as hell though.

Twig

Banned
Decrypting Portal 2, and I'm not a friend of dinosaur.

But I'm not going to play it for a week, 'cause I got shit to do! Last week of the semester, baby.

Oreoleo

Juan29.zapata said:
Damn, I didn't know that we had passed such a long time without a Valve game.

Yeah, Orange Box came out that long ago... I guess you could count Alien Swarm but, not really.

Drkirby said:
Oh, Portal 2 just unlocked for me. LATER SUCKERS!

I'm jelly.

Campster

Do you like my tight white sweater? STOP STARING
Orellio said:
Yeah, Orange Box came out that long ago... I guess you could count Alien Swarm but, not really.

Left for Dead 1/2?

TheExodu5 said:
People that are decrypting...did you friend Firehead? Do you also have the golden potato?

I am not friends with Firehead. I do have a golden potato.

duderon

rollin' in the gutter
For what it's worth I thought this was a pretty positive experiment. Valve got tens of thousands of people to work together towards a common goal over four days. It's fucking cheesy, but it was all about the journey and not the destination.

Though we are going to be playing Portal 2 in a bit!

traveler

Not Wario
If only everyone had taken the best deal and purchased the PS3 version. Could have ignored this whole affair outside the positive portions. It's selfish, sure, but this is the best way it could have worked out for me. Had it released early, I would have actually been tempted to forgo savings for my impatience.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
TheExodu5 said:
People that are decrypting...did you friend Firehead? Do you also have the golden potato?
No frind of Firehead, but I do have a gold spud. So I guess this thing is good for something after all! Portal 2, 5 minutes early, FUCK YEAH!

20qyk9v.gif

Vamphuntr

And people were saying it was an awesome marketing campaing and that it didn't matter you had to throw money at Valve to increase the counter because we would get the game early. ;)

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
MThanded said:
I can't believe people are complaining that the game may actually come out earlier than expected.
It's not really, though.

The entire point is that it looks like Valve already knew when they were going to release the game, then lied and pushed the time forward by several hours, then said "if you buy and play these other games from our store enough, we'll release it early!" "Early", of course, being the original time they were going to launch anyway, instead of a time based on how many people were playing the games like they said.

It's dishonest.

If the games in the Potato Pack weren't mostly awesome, and I hadn't owned most of them already, I'd be real angry right now.

Oreoleo

duderon said:
For what it's worth I thought this was a pretty positive experiment. Valve got tens of thousands of people to work together towards a common goal over four days. It's fucking cheesy, but it was all about the journey and not the destination.

Though we are going to be playing Portal 2 in a bit!

This has been one of the best threads I've experienced in my tenure on GAF. Excitement, anticipation, betrayal; it's been one hell of a ride :D

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
HmIGw.jpg

Didn't friend Firehead or dinosaur, nor am I friends with any "infected". Must be Golden Potato people.

Top Bottom