• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Valve's fake, rigged, waste of time Progress Quest troll Portal 2 ARG

Mr. Spinnington said:

ZUtWT.jpg

Salsa

Dear Reader,

I underestimated you. You have, for want of a better word, surprised me.

Congratulations are in order. I am glad to see you have uncovered the meaning of the word you found embedded inside the map of the major metropolis.

Using this word you have blazed a trail forwards that not even my research was able to uncover.

I thank you for your hard work. May you eventually find freedom from SHE whom we both fear.

Please note, some of you are too fixated on the spelling of the word 'clew'. It may be that the way I spell 'clew' is indeed a clue, but not the kind you think.

Again, congratulations. You have somewhat redeemed yourselves in your own eyes. Only time will tell if you have redeemed yourselves in mine.

From what I can see, you have little more use for my guidance. Thus, until we meet again - this is where I get off.

Sincerely,
He Who Watches From The Beginning

FROM THE WIKI OHGOD

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Woffls said:
Is it relevant that 'e' and 'f' are missing from this sequence?
Maybe just to make it harder to guess?

To be honest, you could of likely brute forced that URL, since you get "Forbidden" rather then a "This link appears to be broken." for the directories.

Majukun

Dear Reader,

I underestimated you. You have, for want of a better word, surprised me.

Congratulations are in order. I am glad to see you have uncovered the meaning of the word you found embedded inside the map of the major metropolis.

Using this word you have blazed a trail forwards that not even my research was able to uncover.

I thank you for your hard work. May you eventually find freedom from SHE whom we both fear.

Please note, some of you are too fixated on the spelling of the word 'clew'. It may be that the way I spell 'clew' is indeed a clue, but not the kind you think.

Again, congratulations. You have somewhat redeemed yourselves in your own eyes. Only time will tell if you have redeemed yourselves in mine.

From what I can see, you have little more use for my guidance. Thus, until we meet again - this is where I get off.

Sincerely,
He Who Watches From The Beginning

OMG....these words sounds sooo familiar ò_ò

Sober

SalsaShark said:
JESUS FUCKIN CHRIST I HAVE FILM SCHOOL TOMORROW AND ALREADY SKIPPED TODAY

NOOoOOoOOOOOOOOO
CURSE MY EXAM SCHEDULE! (It would've worked out if it just came out on the 19th!)

Salsa

Guys, the message i posted from The Watcher page is the same as the codded one right beneath it.

You know the only difference ?

for some reason the translated text is missing a single letter..

..a G

All i have to say is THIS

B-Dex

All I see is the Holiday Vault (with xmas choir still alive)! OMG Christmas came early with Portal 2!!!!!

OMG Co-Op Portal 2 Bots are in the holiday vault!

Superimposer

This is getting weirder all the time
SalsaShark said:
Guys, the message i posted from The Watcher page is the same as the codded one right beneath it.

You know the only difference ?

for some reason the translated text is missing a single letter..

..a G

All i have to say is THIS

Ruined somewhat by the anticlimactic HP advert before the video :p

I don't know, I have a hard time believing the motherfucking G-Man is afraid of GLaDOS.... and that we figured out something that "not even his research was able to uncover".

I read that letter in my head in GMan's voice and not only does it fit with his dialog patterns, but it's super creepy

What the hell did Aperture invent that GMan is afraid?

Twig

Banned
Revolutionary said:
I don't know, I have a hard time believing the motherfucking G-Man is afraid of GLaDOS.... and that we figured out something that "not even his research was able to uncover".
Yerp. It's not G-man, you people are crazy.
I want it to be G-man.
Ferrio said:
What's with the Potato banner on the right?
You get it for playing each potato sack game once.

Ferrio

Banned
balladofwindfishes said:
I read that letter in my head in GMan's voice and not only does it fit with his dialog patterns, but it's super creepy

What the hell did Aperture invent that GMan is afraid?

Glados of course.

Zomba13

Superimposer said:
Wait, are you infected now or something? You have that 'I'm okay. I am still a person' description.

Anyway I have multiple orgasmed tonight. Can't wait to see what Portal 2 will tell us about the G man
Nah, I just put it there for the lulz.
I did have it say 'I am fine. I am' etc that the AAAaaaA voice told you to tell 'them' to see if it'd do anything but it didn't.

Top Bottom