• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Valve's fake, rigged, waste of time Progress Quest troll Portal 2 ARG

Ferrio said:
Glados of course.
I know, but wow... Glados must be the most powerful entity in the world, but she was man made.

Black Mesa caused the end of the world and Aperture now has a turn to restore it? Neither company is around anymore, but both still remain in the world. Gordon as the ultimate good, the hero, the savior of the planet.

And Glados, the most vile creature on the planet. But in the same light, the savior of the world.

I only have 8 potatoes, due to refusing to buy new games just to collect more. My pride is intact, but I have no golden tuber, which I think we can all agree is moderately to severely whack.

SalsaShark said:
thank you sir, funest ride ever

You bet it is. I live in France and put myself to PST time so I could follow this in real time.

Now I got two main hopes.

*That Portal 2 releases when the countdown reaches zero

*That Valve does something like this for L4D3.

Hotdamn, whatta ride! <3

Superimposer

This is getting weirder all the time
EmCeeGramr said:
i have one (1) potato and i'm sticking with it

This made me laugh harder than it had any right to.

Oh man, what a payoff at the end there with G Man... I need to go to bed now but I can't

JoeBoy101

The_Technomancer said:
Man, whatever happens tomorrow, its been one crazy time.

Confirmed. Valve bored with setting the standard on DD. Now setting new standard with INTERACTIVE SOFTWARE RELEASES.

Gabe. I will kill for you.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Oh shit, there's a Cheat Engine method for the second Audiosurf potato? Gentlemen, I'm resuming my quest!

Also, don't look down upon me, I've spent around 4 hours trying to get that fucking thing. :(

Doopliss

balladofwindfishes said:
On second look, I think that GMan letter is fake

If you look in the history of the user's page, the user didn't add that letter to the page, some random dude did.

That's the translation of all the numbers that Thewatcher posted, isn't it?

Baha

JaseC said:
Oh shit, there's a Cheat Engine method for the second Audiosurf potato? Gentlemen, I'm resuming my quest!

Also, don't look down upon me, I've spent around 4 hours trying to get that fucking thing. :(

Eh, as long as you don't break the leaderboards with some insane score, knock yourself out.

Majukun

well ,congratulations to everyone who got all the potatoes,and well done to everyone who contributed at the solution (i hope) of this arg

JaseC

Baha said:
Eh, as long as you don't break the leaderboards with some insane score, knock yourself out.

It's okay, the method explicitly states to set your score to just 180k.

Edit: Doesn't work for me. Oh well.

Zomba13

Deathcraze said:
I only need the Cogs potatoes. I fucking hate Cogs. :(
If you check the Cogs page on the ARGwiki there will be youtube videos showing you how. Ignore the videos and look in the comments or description for numbers. Pretend the cube sides are a phone's number pad and you are dialing a number.
Takes a bit but it's easy enough. Also, if you need to pause, hit the alt key. It freezes the game.

Baha

Zomba13 said:
If you check the Cogs page on the ARGwiki there will be youtube videos showing you how. Ignore the videos and look in the comments or description for numbers. Pretend the cube sides are a phone's number pad and you are dialing a number.
Takes a bit but it's easy enough. Also, if you need to pause, hit the alt key. It freezes the game.

Pretty much, did that running Cogs windowed with the numbers in notepad for easy reference.

BY2K

Membero Americo
yfTz8.png

HELL YEAH!

scarybore

Zomba13 said:

I'm still stuck on the 200 star level never mind the 300 and 400 star levels. :p

I never knew about the alt key pause so I'll give it another go tomorrow morning, but the game has pretty much broken me so I can't say I'm looking forward to it.

Congrats all the same to everyone who has got all the potatoes.

Jintor

ARGH SERIOUSLY I'M ALWAYS LIKE 1000 POINTS OFF THIS DEVICE HAS BEEN MODIFIED

I'm totally not cut out for these dang taters

Goon Boon

Banned
Deathcraze said:
I'm still stuck on the 200 star level never mind the 300 and 400 star levels. :p

I never knew about the alt key pause so I'll give it another go tomorrow morning, but the game has pretty much broken me so I can't say I'm looking forward to it.

Congrats all the same to everyone who has got all the potatoes.
The phone number method works the best, think of it as a phone dialing pad, and do it as fast as you can like that, got me through both.

Arozay

21 Potatos. Done all the Audiosurf, Bit.Trip, Defense Grid, AAAAAA, Rush and Super Meat Boy potatoes. I think the Kick it ones will be annoying if anything.

marrec

Banned
Arrrg. I can't do it anymore, I need the Potato Pack. This on probably the last day I can get potatoes?! Help me Gaf, convince me that I shouldn't do this!

JaseC

marrec said:
Arrrg. I can't do it anymore, I need the Potato Pack. This on probably the last day I can get potatoes?! Help me Gaf, convince me that I shouldn't do this!

There's really no point since the ARG ends in around 14.5 hours. Unless, of course, you want to support the developers involved. Which you should.

Go forth, son.

Baha

Need a new post to say this but consider this a PSA:

Avoid 4chan starting now if you want to avoid any Portal 2 spoilers. It should come as no surprise that with the game being in several game reviewers hands, that spoilers will spread and already on irc I'm hearing rumblings about the story being spoiled on 4chan so consider yourselves warned.

TheOGB

Banned
Golden potatoes? G-Man? Pictures of ships? Avatars getting turned off?

Damn, looks like I missed a lot of awesome shit today D:

Top Bottom