• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Valve's fake, rigged, waste of time Progress Quest troll Portal 2 ARG

Ozone

Baha said:
I think people are starting to get off AAAAA now that it's close to completion and moving to other games. The numbers are starting to reflect that.

[EDIT] Yep, they're dropping for AAAAA.
Finish the fight.

Spire

Subconscious Brolonging
The ARG was worth it just for getting me to discover Defense Grid and The Ball. And anything that gets more people to play Amnesia is a good thing.

BTW, I have extra copies of:

All out. :(

Oreoleo

Ozone said:
Finish the fight.

Honestly I'd rather people hop off AAAAA now and switch to another game before they go to bed or whatever, rather than waste cycles on a completed game for half the night.

megalowho

Spire said:
The ARG was worth it just for getting me to discover Defense Grid and The Ball. And anything that gets more people to play Amnesia is a good thing.
It's true, I finally got around to trying Amnesia after buying it during the holiday sale. Really glad I did, it's perfect for a rainy night too.

celebi23

Drkirby said:
Ok, Defense Grid wasn't bad, and it was good enough to make me likely want to play the game later.

Now for the final one. Amnesia

*Quickly checks wiki hoping there is a cheat to bypass it*

You can go back! God damn it, I restarted every time I screwed up.

Yep, this is my final potato as well. I'll just work on it tomorrow. No way in hell am I going to play it at night.
Yeah, the game scares me a bit. So what?

Jzero

Spire said:

1...2...3...Kick it.
Amnesia
Audiosurf
Rush
Super Meat Boy
And Portal 1.

First come, first serve.
audiosurf
please

Rur0ni

Spire said:

1...2...3...Kick it.
Amnesia
Audiosurf
Rush
Super Meat Boy
And Portal 1.

First come, first serve.
Rush.

L00P

If the bar continues to fill at this pace, I'm guesstimating that we would be able to play Portal 2 around Monday afternoon.

AColdDay

Spire said:

1...2...3...Kick it.
Amnesia
Audiosurf
Rush
Super Meat Boy
And Portal 1.

First come, first serve.

Would love Super Meat Boy

Home

Yeah I have to say, even though I had bought defense grid during the christmas sale, it wasn't until this event that I actually played it, and beat it.

Hoping we finish early monday though as I have the day off. :)

Jenga

Banned
L00P said:
If the bar continues to fill at this pace, I'm guesstimating that we would be able to play Portal 2 around Monday afternoon.
at this point i think best case scenario is sunday night

:(

Spire said:

1...2...3...Kick it.
Amnesia
Audiosurf
Rush
Super Meat Boy
And Portal 1.

First come, first serve.

Portal 1, if it's still available please.

AcciDante

Spire said:

1...2...3...Kick it.
Amnesia
Audiosurf
Rush
Super Meat Boy
And Portal 1.

First come, first serve.

1...2...3?

TheBez

Spire said:

1...2...3...Kick it.
Amnesia
Audiosurf
Rush
Super Meat Boy
And Portal 1.

First come, first serve.
Portal Please? :D

Ridley327

Hey Baha, thanks again for pointing out where the Manolantern was in Killing Floor. I am so terrible at looking for anything in that game.

If anyone would be kind enough to gift me Vice City or GTA 3 (they're $2.49 atm) I'll gift you your choice of either Super Meat Boy, Amnesia or Killing Floor. =)

nbcjr

Spire said:

All out. :(

:(

i was aiming for any potato sack game :(

MGHA

Treefingers said:
If anyone would be kind enough to gift me Vice City or GTA 3 (they're $2.49 atm) I'll gift you your choice of either Super Meat Boy, Amnesia or Killing Floor. =)

Whats your steam.

Kritz

Banned
I have four potatoes. I think that's enough for me. I could get more, but I don't really care about portal 2 releasing early any more. :D

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Kritz said:
I have four potatoes. I think that's enough for me. I could get more, but I don't really care about portal 2 releasing early any more. :D

But what about the super special not-hat-related prize? It's totally going to be Episode Three!

JaseC said:
But what about the super special not-hat-related prize? It's totally going to be Episode Three!

I'm hoping it's story related, whatever it is. Like maybe a ratman room that only gold potato people can enter. Oh, sure, everyone else can watch it on youtube, but that's not the same.

Blizzard

Banned
That backspace thing in Defense Grid is frustrating because the game keeps saving checkpoints RIGHT before shielded walkers/rhinos are about to escape with cores. It's happened to me like four times so I have to restart.

On the plus side, the breeding game in Defense Grid is either super easy, or I got lucky. My first breeding attempt lost after 4 rounds or so, but the next one went 40 rounds so I got both breeding taters.

Baha

Blizzard said:
That backspace thing in Defense Grid is frustrating because the game keeps saving checkpoints RIGHT before shielded walkers/rhinos are about to escape with cores. It's happened to me like four times so I have to restart.

On the plus side, the breeding game in Defense Grid is either super easy, or I got lucky. My first breeding attempt lost after 4 rounds or so, but the next one went 40 rounds so I got both breeding taters.

You can backspace more than once, so go back 2 waves if it isn't in the right spot for you and then hold F to speed things up.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
CarbonatedFalcon said:

Beta access for a SP game? It'd probably break a lot. :p

theinfinityissue said:
I'm hoping it's story related, whatever it is. Like maybe a ratman room that only gold potato people can enter. Oh, sure, everyone else can watch it on youtube, but that's not the same.

Valve wouldn't release story-related content to only a select group of people.

Kritz said:
Nah. It'll be a scarf or something.

Special socks for Chell's boots that you'll never get to see, but they are there!

Twig

Banned
theinfinityissue said:
I'm hoping it's completely and utterly worthless, because exclusive content in video games is fucking stupid.

U:

Baha

WEGGLES said:
Well I may have been thinking outloud... but not very hard I guess. :{

It's cool, another reason they wouldn't use achievements is because save files can unlock achievements as well.

Zomba13

I still think the Golden Potato prize is either potato powered portal gun or golden robot skins for Atlas and P-body.

Zomba13 said:
I still think the Golden Potato prize is either potato powered portal gun or golden robot skins for Atlas and P-body.

Somewhat of a spoiler -- Edit: May be more revealing than I thought.

there is a screenshot on pcgamer that shows a potato attached to your portal gun.

Top Bottom