• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vamola! TokuGAF 2013 | 20 Years of Teenagers with Attitude

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Phoenix already got struck by farewell bouquet though.

Makes no sense how they killed off Phoenix. Every time he dies he becomes stronger so eventually he should keep dying to a point where the sun is no longer strong enough to kill him aka he's stronger than the sun.

Phoenix could and should still come back.

I watched Gekiranger that's not how you off an immortal villain.

Technically Phoenix is still weak after regenerating. He only gets powerful after he recovers. So essentially him continuously dying means he will permanently be born and die.

I thought Beast was going to eat Phoenix and that would cure his problem. He would have a regenerating source of mana.

Some speculate that Phoenix would grow inside Nitou.

shaowebb

Been playing Chou Climax Heroes on my lunch breaks and since I got that other job my time is pretty well gonna be screwed for doing up graphics for the 61 rider slots plus the dozens of alternate forms each Rider has in this game for an OT.I'm tossing the graphics and just doing a bulleted list. Having ReXXXSoprano double check my breakdown of the game mechanics and adding stuff as needed to it as well. I'll have it up soon.

BTW every character can use Tag Style as one of the ways to play them...thing is tagging is done using the same input as form changes so in Tag style you pick a form to play for your Rider and thats it. Sounds bad? NOPE! It costs 3 bars to use some of the forms exclusive to a lot of the form change Riders. Usually if its selectable as the only option for your base form then it costs 3 bars to access it. Screw that! Choose Tag style, gain 2 on 1 mixups, tag combo extensions, and tag counters in addition to getting to START out as someone as powerful as Ultimate Form Kuuga paired with Complete Form Decade! In addition to this some Kamen Rider Forms are only accessible by selecting to play that Rider in Tag Style (such as Air Dragon Wizard or Magnet State Fourze).

Tag style is Badass in Kamen Rider Super Climax Heroes. BTW Im pretty certain that this game (once you count all the possible styles and loadouts for every style on every Rider ) sets some kind of record for largest Roster in a fighting game. No I don't count Tobal in that because it cheats with a ton of clone movesets. This game has little to no overlapping forms on its Riders between their subforms and styles and no two Riders in any form fight like another Rider or one of their subforms. Game is crammed full of stuff.

Cant wait to push out this OT finally. Dumping the graphics making for all those forms helps a ton. Thank you new job for showing me the light.

So yeah Kyoryuger...I'm feeling that samba henshin. I see that like abaranger it's a little light hearted with the OP/ED.

I say boo to no yellow though.

WillyFive

Tried watching the original Ultraman on Hulu and realized why I never got into it...it doesn't hide the fact that it's a man on suit fighting on a miniature set. I like the special effects nature of Toku, making it seem like the guy in the giant robot suit is actually a giant robot by using special filming techniques; but Ultraman just took it all at face value. Spandex, an ugly mask, awkward fighting; all of it.

Slayven

Rumor has it these dudes will be in Superhero Taisen Z.

Draft_Redder.jpg

Metallix-gold.jpg

janperson.jpg

600full-mobile-sheriff-jiban-photo.jpg

Beetleborg-blue.jpg

[
GANpBWR.jpg

Uchuu+Tetsujin+Kyodainkyodain%25205%2520%28L%29.jpg

shaowebb

HOLY SHIT!
6e1Baen.jpg

Akibaranger just keeps getting more hilarious. Akibared's new suit armor upgrade is going to make it double as a love pillow for him. XD

My God this series is amazing.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
HOLY SHIT!
6e1Baen.jpg

Akibaranger just keeps getting more hilarious. Akibared's new suit armor upgrade is going yo make it double as a love pillow for him. XD

My God this series is amazing.

Hype. Train. I wonder if there's gonna be a violet akibaranger

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
So, a few general Toku questions:

1. Is there a site (english preferably) that lists common locations used to the shows? I've noticed some areas re-used between the shows I've watched, like a hospital room in both OOO and Kiva.

2. How much does making all the costumes cost? It's mind blowing to me how many costumes each season uses...like, in W especially, you have all the various combo suits which I assume are individual suits, and then you have stuff like the Yellow version of Accel you only see when he transforms into Trial.

3. What happens to the Riders' actors after their series end? Do most of them end up fading out of acting bar future cameos, or do they go onto other projects?

WillyFive

So, a few general Toku questions:

1. Is there a site (english preferably) that lists common locations used to the shows? I've noticed some areas re-used between the shows I've watched, like a hospital room in both OOO and Kiva.

This site is part French and part English, but it showcases some of the common locations.

3. What happens to the Riders' actors after their series end? Do most of them end up fading out of acting bar future cameos, or do they go onto other projects?

It's all over the place. Some of them become movie stars, go into other movies, others change careers (like ShinkenGreen become a guitarist for a band), while others simply retire.

Here's a shot of the live action remake of Gatchaman, starring ShinkenRed:

NDVD_481.jpg

Tizoc

Watching Ep. 1 of Kyoryuger or to make it easier for my tounge- Kyouryuga. I thought Daigo is Roronoa Zoro's VA there for a second, they both sound the same.

Slayven

Is it me or does Beast seemed worthless from go? Use to take a while for second riders to be reduced to punching bags. Birth was stated to be weaker but he still managed to be badass, and Meteor hung in there and only lacked Fourze's variety.

shaowebb

Fuck Hyper Kabuto in Chou Climax Heroes. No one should be that broken. EVER. Plus in tag style he STILL has access to Clock Up because he is the only Rider who can activate it in a different manner simply by inputting certain combos ending in special.

Nearly done with Chou Climax Heroes OT :D
Just gotta make it through writing out the forms for all of Blade,Ryuki, and Showa cast now.

61 characters, no less than 2 styles each, and most with more than that and multiple forms and specifics unique to them. Just found out Zanki has Ouroborus, and hidden missile for disc animals. Game is insane. Seriously folks if you like Kamen Rider, making combos, and screwing around with friends you will have a blast.

EDIT: Oh hell every Ryuki Rider has their own set of advent cards to list out. I also have no idea what the difference is between selecting Ryuki's first style and choosing base form or choosing survive form. BOTH forms have the same cards, rider finales, and both can turn into their survive form. Same goes for Knight. No clue on those two and what that stuff means. Looks like I also got to look up a ton of Ryuki advent cards and run through them. Its big enough to go into. Zolda can't move or meter charge when he's got his cannon out. It builds so much meter and the only way to drop it is to get a bar and spend it on another vent plus his 3rd and 4th vent cards cant be used unless you get enough bars for both as he uses shield vent and his gun vent together but not seperately. Crazy shit...

WillyFive

I would think the Skylanders/Disney Infinity idea would work great with collection-heavy series like Sentai and Kamen Rider. Heck, just simple cards would do, like Decade/Goseiger, and have them work like AR cards for the 3DS.

shaowebb

If they used AR card reading to Wii U Near connectivity to bring Ganbaride to consoles it'd print some damned money off of cards in Japan.

shaowebb

Oh wow didn't recognize Genesect at all.

What is this Genesect thing? I only know him by his leak name of DENNIS.
EDIT: Also thank god Ryuki's cast is over for me now. Writing up every advent cards cost, input, and abilities and looking up the names took forever. :C

Just need to confirm something on Ryuki and Knight with ReXXXSoprano on it later, but other than that its done. Now for Den O forms, Kiva riders, and Showa era stuff.

shaowebb

OMG I just finished all the info for the Chou Climax Heroes Rider List and previewing it I found out that JUST the Rider list of info itself is so long it exceeds the character limit...thats WITHOUT the rest of the OT!

This roster is huge once I list all the styles and forms in this game. I even found Robo Rider and Bioman hidden in Black RX's styles! Gimmie a bit...this things about to go live. I'll post edits as needed.

shaowebb

Kamen Rider Super Climax Heroes Thread is done.

This thing is friggin' Massive and I could still flood it with graphics and links galore, but I honestly just dont have the time to keep bothering. I just threw a few graphics in to describe things and let er rip to showcase all the Riders.

Evilore was PM-ed to move it to gaming for a little while since it never had any real time there.

Top Bottom