• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vamola! TokuGAF 2013 | 20 Years of Teenagers with Attitude

WillyFive

Wait den o is finished? I don't even get what happened in the movies besides new people and hijinks.

The actual main story arc for Den-O is over; but they always come back for more random adventures. I won't be surprised if they return in Superhero Taisen Z for some wacky escapade.

yoshihiko 2

was a bit predictable and that bandit fight was kinda weak. I do hope they get a new party member though.

jrpgs is all about 5 party members :D

Rajack

Gosei Sentai Dairanger (complete series)

iwVltiuQfLYSS.jpg

shaowebb

Why is wizard so boring.

Why can't they make him into something useful and not just a modern final fantasy character.

Wizard has no long term goals or longterm problems to build up toward is his main problem. Without goals the character is super dull and repetitive and has little to nothing new to do or say to develop him with. Dude is gonna need to end up in permanent trouble soon. I don't care if it has to involve a PuTaTyra sort of turn into a monster and lose control, but the guy is gonna need a real lasting problem to struggle with for more than two episodes or he will never have to grow in the plot.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Ah I thought you meant someone else resubbed it or something.

I'm still working through Dairanger, in the middle of the Kiba Ranger stuff right now.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Kinda weird to go from "let's not get so personal as a team" to them singing and dancing together.

Overall I did like the episode though.

Also foot soldiers bunching up to become a giant something else is pretty cool, though I wouldn't be surprised if that's not a new idea.

I'm going to make gifs

Wizard has no long term goals or longterm problems to build up toward is his main problem. Without goals the character is super dull and repetitive and has little to nothing new to do or say to develop him with. Dude is gonna need to end up in permanent trouble soon. I don't care if it has to involve a PuTaTyra sort of turn into a monster and lose control, but the guy is gonna need a real lasting problem to struggle with for more than two episodes or he will never have to grow in the plot.

I do hope they do a midseason character personality flip that I see happen in some shows. Make him a complete asshole or something.

They better really do something impressive for his final form and not just make it like 'I'm a badass' and then get the power.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Definitely one of the cooler parts of that episode. Also that saves me from doing one gif

-site of future gif dump-

ibnPwfHV47y7Vl.gif

i3YY0GZ1TdBZn.gif

ipEmWkf33AOkQ.gif
(not doing 5 of these)
i2JYYoyjzQNiG.gif

iVJxzHFPyNX44.gif

iBATVvzMzXCHM.gif

ibs4QqZIbjp89L.gif

OP worthy imho *hint hint*

shaowebb

Went back and made that guy on Steam Tajador in Scribblenauts today. It flies, sparkles, is on fire and shoots coins. Ran out of parts and had to remove my Taja spinner, but the wings were worth it dammit.
mFbx8lJ.jpg

shaowebb

Damn, I really need to get a Scribblenauts fast.

Steam version is best version. Its got a workshop that is enormous that you can browse. I can't remember how many times I've number 1-ed a week now though. My ponies and marvel vs capcom stuff was super popular and folks still template their ponies from my base work which is pretty cool. Iron Man is one of the highest voted of all time now. I'd like to see my Kamen Riders shoot up the top votes, but they are so niche I doubt they'll break front page sadly.

Still I'm gonna do em up. I should do Skull or Eternal sometime.

jwk94

So many awesome moments in the episode, especially that roll call.

Finally a more complete version of this.

inPmwIRQF5UrK.gif
I thought that looked stupid until the episode actually aired. I take back any bad thoughts I had about this season. Kyoryuger is off to an excellent start. One thing seems off though. That ice guy was supposed to be the strongest villain right? Doesn't that mean they could mow through the rest with ease?

Gosei Sentai Dairanger (complete series)

iwVltiuQfLYSS.jpg

Probably the best Sentai I've watched. That ending kinda had me mad though.

jwk94

I'm glad that they didn't pick people who look like models for the cast. Pink especially. She looks like a believable person you'd see on the street. Blue....looks like he could use a shave or two, which isn't bad at all.

It really does bum me out at times that they didn't use Dairanger suits in MMPR.

Easily some of my favorite suits in sentai.

Yeah, I feel the same way.

yami4ct

Wizard 23

That was a fun little arc. The character development they did with Phoenix through these past half dozen or so episodes has been really interesting and engaging. The DragoTimer is the shot in the arm the fights needed as well. I like the action style of the show, but it was starting to wear a bit thin. All-Dragon is really lame, but the multiple wizards fighting at once is great. Not enough Beast, either. Interested to see where they go from here. Gremlin/Fedora phantom is the next recurring villain it seems. He seems like he'll be pretty cool. I just hope he gets the same amount of character attention Phoenix again. Honestly, while this show is no where near as good as Foruze to me, I've been finding a ton to enjoy. Haruto desperately needs a character shakeup, though. It's time for them to actually backup the idea that the dragon forms have a real, dangerous consequence behind their use. Seems like a good, if a bit stereotypical, Kamen Rider plot to pull at this point.

Kyoryuger 01

I'm in love. This show is just what Sentai needed after the boring blandness of GoBus. They kept a lot of the good aspects GoBusters used, like the simultaneous Robot and Hero fights, but brought the fun as well. Characters already exude a ton of personality, even if they haven't had much opportunity to show. I can already tell I'm going to really like Green. Writing was funny, action was cool, robots didn't look half bad. I couldn't want any more than that. Also, dancing henshin and samba music are great bits of personality this show brings to the table.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Kyoryu is better than Go-onger to say the least.

Also this is why roulette-based attacks are bad, Beast. Also why is Zero guy a douchebag again?

Kyoryuger 01

I'm in love. This show is just what Sentai needed after the boring blandness of GoBus. They kept a lot of the good aspects GoBusters used, like the simultaneous Robot and Hero fights, but brought the fun as well. Characters already exude a ton of personality, even if they haven't had much opportunity to show. I can already tell I'm going to really like Green. Writing was funny, action was cool, robots didn't look half bad. I couldn't want any more than that. Also, dancing henshin and samba music are great bits of personality this show brings to the table.

What's funny is that first impressions tend to be hilariously opposite later on the show.

yami4ct

What's funny is that first impressions tend to be hilariously opposite later on the show.

I know. I remember when I was watching Gokaiger, my first impressions were that I was going to love Blue and hate green. It turned out completely opposite. I loved Doc and found Joe boring as hell. I guess here I'll end up hating green and loving black.

Kyoryuger is fabulous with a capital F. So high energy and fun.

Got a real Go-On Yellow "smile, smile!" vibe when Pink was all "smile!" in this. I know a lot of you guys aren't big on Bro-Onger but haters gonna hate.

I guess here I'll end up hating green and loving black.

Welcome to the winning team.

I think Blue's gonna be the one everyone loves. Dude just seems like a bro.

yami4ct

Kyoryuger is fabulous with a capital F. So high energy and fun.

Got a real Go-On Yellow "smile, smile!" vibe when Pink was all "smile!" in this. I know a lot of you guys aren't big on Bro-Onger but haters gonna hate.

Welcome to the winning team.

I think Blue's gonna be the one everyone loves. Dude just seems like a bro.

Yeah, Blue is great. His clumsiness is going to lead to some great moments for sure. I'm willing to give Black a chance. We've only seen one aspect of his personality. He certainly looks cool. If he gets a bit away from "awkwardly hitting on women" territory, he could be a great character.

Boss Doggie

Well at least they updated dinosaurs to look more... "recent" (i.e. feathered, etc.)

I wonder how Torin will fare vs. Doggie

Boss Doggie

Man I'll miss fast roll calls. You'd think it'd catch on after Gokaiger did it. Hell, even Shinkenger is fast.

Boss Doggie

Like I said, it's no Gokai/GoBus but it's still faster than Deka, Bouken and Kyouryu :p

And I blame the arm motions of Geki.

vareon

Wizard

Lol at the solution to Phoenix's immortality. Just blow him to sun! I like when all the forms fight together, tough it's broken as hell to his enemies.

Infinity Style in the scans looks nice, but I still like Flame Dragon best.

Kyoryuger

A good start. Doesn't look like it's going to break any Super Sentai formula at all, so good for those who just wished for it. I'll continue watch since the most of the cast seems likeable.

Boss Doggie

...so why doesn't Haruto finish the enemy then have Nitou eat the mana? Or weaken the enemy and then let Nitou deal the finishing blow?

What about Hurricanger?

I thought Deka is longer... but then again I count the "count 1 to 5, bang bang bang, Deka roll call, police siren headlights"

drizzle

Axel Hertz
So I just watched Kyoryuger and... It's good, but it's kinda crazy!

However, this is the first episode and First Episodes are always all over the place (I recently saw a favorite of mine - Flashman - first episode and it was a mess as well). It just seems weird that King knows everything about all the moves and how to transform, specially since we're supposed to be learning about all of this along with him.

I can already tell that I'm going to hate Black. I just hope I don't hate him enough to sour the whole thing. Blue, on the other hand, seems clumsy enough to make things funny. I wonder how they'll play Pink and Green.

There's something about Torin's voice that's familiar to me. He and Doggie have the same voice actor or something? Either way, so far, Doggie wins this hands down.

I like how there's zero explanation about the Samba. It just kicks in on transformations for no reason. I even knew about it and it still hit me like I wasn't expecting it. I hope they don't overuse this "Gabburenchu" thing, as it was already annoying by the end of the episode.

Sentai is really aimed toward males in their early teens, isn't it? I always though that 80's Sentai were more mature. I wonder if it's just Nostalgia talking. I really should look for a Kamen Rider to watch.

shaowebb

Den-O is one of the few Heisei Riders I liked. Loved the premise, characters, story, everything.

Den-O also goes for a fair number of episodes right in a row without ever developing its plot. Infact
the main villain isn't even introduced until the last handful of episodes

I missed all this but I will say this in defense of Den O. It may have taken awhile to develop its villain but from almost the beginning its plot is filled with mysteries surrounding Zeronus, his sister, and her missing fiance Sakurai Yuuto as well as the mysterious man he keeps seeing in the past.

There is PLENTY to keep you hooked on its story that builds up from the moment go so dont think too hard about the whole villain. Everything builds up to him so enjoy the ride. Its fun and has a lot to enjoy.

Top Bottom