• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vamola! TokuGAF 2013 | 20 Years of Teenagers with Attitude

shaowebb

For those that missed it Kamen Rider Super Climax Heroes Thread is done.

I didn't want it getting buried before anyone knew about it. I also after some sleep got time to go back and link in ALL of the ReXXXsoprano vids I could find into the OT. Shout outs to ya bro. You've helped me a ton with this game, characters, what stuff means in it and even have been answering specific stuff to make the OT.

Wish I could have poured more graphics into it but considering the roster is so big in this game it met character limit TWICE to list all their styles I would have drastically overshot the image limit on that anyhow.

If you like Kamen Rider and like making combos this game is for you. Theres a ton to play around with and its a ton of fun with friends. It wont get tournies because of how niche it is and because there are some dudes like Hyper Kabuto in who are OP on damage and options just as fanservice to their lore, but in a game with combo breakers and an 8 way run you haven't got too much to worry about in terms of having a major blast with friends looking to have some fun and actually play you and not just try to find the one simplest spam trick in the game and avoid playing any real combat to do it.

Buy it, play it, and enjoy it folks. It has damned near every Rider you could likely want and each form is a unique moveset to explore. Im certain after this OT that Super Climax Heroes sets a record for most playable unique movesets in a fighting game.

My favorites so far for fun combos:
  • Kamen Rider V3-He has some really good OTG extensions and he builds tons of meter. Plus the ability to up his damage on specials, activate a 70's filter, and get a freeze frame of my specials in that state with an announcer describing the properties of the move like on the show is GOLDEN.
  • Kamen Rider Impaler- Surprise bro but he has Law's flip kick, huge corner push on his moves and lots of good combos and launchers
  • Kamen Rider Accel- Accel has armor, and Gigantic fast lows that cause stun and his Trial form is a combo playground of speed and pressure with teleport counters.
  • Kamen Rider W-Its addictive making combos that use his states and their Maximum Drive buffs. Sandbox for combos
  • Kamen Rider The Bee Clock up Style- He is fun and not for the Sting loops (combo breakers stop em anyhow) he just has great combos and lots of extensions and I love the outfit!
  • Kamen Rider Ultimate Kuuga-Looooong combos are possible with him. He is super fun and if I use Tag style its to grab him. Them extensions.
  • Kamen Rider Decade-Haters gonna hate. Decade has awesome combos, speed, good specials, and about everything else. I like playing him tagged with Ultimate Kuuga otherwise I play him with Ryuki as a striker for the Dragredder low mixup.

WillyFive

So if each dinosaur is allowed to pick a Ranger (even in the past), that means we could theoretically get a ton more Rangers this season, even if they will only be around for a short time like KyoryuCyan.

1361776285484_zps646a8228.jpg

Since Gold is #6 and Cyan is #7, we could get a Gray (#8), Purple (#9), and Silver(#10)

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Watched the first episode of Kyoryuger again now that I got my headphones fixed. Love the Shaft-esque theme in the beginning of the episode when Daigo fights those things off.

jwk94

Watching Ep 2 of Kyoryuger. Someone needs to gif King's first transformation in the episode. That was amazing.

They never explain any of the transformation stuff.
faize belt has instructions that shows you the required pose.

Pretty sure planet girl also told gentaro how to do the henshin pose.

hmmm.... wasn't it some power rangers where the pose was the 'password unlock' for the henshin?

jwk94

faize belt has instructions that shows you the required pose.

Pretty sure planet girl also told gentaro how to do the henshin pose.

hmmm.... wasn't it some power rangers where the pose was the 'password unlock' for the henshin?
Completely forgot about that. Oh, Mari also showed Takumi the henshin pose in Faiz. And we certainly can't forget about Dustin inventing the Ninja Storm rangers' pose in that season.

Only thing close I could think of was this clip from RPM

LMFAO! I remember watching that episode. It was excellent.

wow that gattai was great, good old models. A bit disappointed Blue's family aren't his wife and kids, a papa sentai would be sweet. love the random trees during the finisher.

Fun and goofy show.

jwk94

Pretty sure the gattai took longer than whatever Go-Buster's ultimate mech that required them to be in the base to actually form took -_-

shaowebb

Holy crap Striker style Kamen Rider the Bee ALSO has clockup!

It was hidden since its normally done using the transformation button which is his striker button, but if he has 4 bars he can hit down + special and use Clock Up!!!
That means The Bee Striker Style is the only other Kabuto character besides Hyper Kabuto with Clockup available in Tag mode (which is broken as hell to do in that style.)

Kurita

Just watched Kyoryuger episode 2. Blue and Pink are really growing on me.
Another episode with a lot of stuff going on.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
oh god, i hope beast uses a muscle buster in the next episode. that would pull him out of the second rate rider crew if he does.

WillyFive

most likely because they arent angels in power rangers.

I just thought that was neat. Saban had no reason to even keep the shot, since it's a transitional shot that wasn't necessary to get the Red Ranger from point A to point B. But they kept it for no reason, and spent money taking out the wings (and still leaving the feathers!).

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Have they used the word "Kamen Rider" anywhere in the show yet?

LOL Ghoul's staff being caught up on the ceiling of the bus and bending showing it's rubberness.

I love how they go out of their way to do that, which is a much harder photoshop than fixing those signs that are all in Japanese....or the "Tensou Sentai Goseiger"s everywhere. Or the names on the cards that don't match what the weapons and headers are called.

vareon

I love how they go out of their way to do that, which is a much harder photoshop than fixing those signs that are all in Japanese....or the "Tensou Sentai Goseiger"s everywhere. Or the names on the cards that don't match what the weapons and headers are called.

If they have some kind of a raw footage, maybe it's just a matter of turning a layer off then proceed. Seconds!

WillyFive

If they have some kind of a raw footage, maybe it's just a matter of turning a layer off then proceed. Seconds!

Why didn't they remove the feathers as well? Saban also had a habit of changing car's licence plates in Samurai/Super Samurai as well.

...we're never going to get that, or a training episode where Beast meets an old pro-wrestler, learns the ropes, and debuts the Neo Beast Buster. And now that I've realized this, I'm incredibly sad.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
...we're never going to get that, or a training episode where Beast meets an old pro-wrestler, learns the ropes, and debuts the Neo Beast Buster. And now that I've realized this, I'm incredibly sad.

neo beast buster. its so fitting. toei needs to do the right thing.

I know there's a number of Olivia Tennet fans amongst TokuGAF so I might as well mention this here: a film she's part of is doing some crowdfunding to help with post-production, effects and stuff.

I haven't had a chance to watch the video but it sounds interesting at least.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Just watched Kyouryuger 2 and I think both the theme song and ending song are seeping into my brain.

Anyway, who is Blue's Sister? I can't quite place her, but she doesn't seem strange...

Next episode will be Green-focused, let's finally see what is he all about.

...However, I doubt I'll ever not despise black, whatever background he has.

Edit: Oh, right. She's an Esper!
She's Deka Yellow

Edit2: I might know why I like Blue so much. He's one of the oldest actors to portrait rangers recently, he's in his 30's, like the 80's actors were on those Sentai series back then (which is what I mostly watched as a child).

Voltasaur Team Kyouryuger 02

Dat relatable Uncle Blue. I know the more likely comparisons for the show are with Go-Onger, but just based on this episode Kyouryu Pink reminds me more of Summer from RPM. Nice to see a little bit of that Zord doing shit while the Rangers fight action even if it wasn't as full-on as Go-Busters. Looking forward to getting to know more about Green and Black.

Power Rangers MegaForce 04

The encodes of this episode were down by the time I got around to trying to watch it but I have to imagine it was also datesleep.jpg. What I read of it sounds like it'dve lead to some interesting speculation if we didn't already know that Robo Knight doesn't seem to have a human form and they're still casting for the Silver Ranger.

I know there's a number of Olivia Tennet fans amongst TokuGAF so I might as well mention this here: a film she's part of is doing some crowdfunding to help with post-production, effects and stuff.

I haven't had a chance to watch the video but it sounds interesting at least.

Okay, watched the trailer for this and looks like it could be cool. Funny to see Olivia playing the "wicked witch" when she was Dorothy a couple years back.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Oh she was with Oz before too? I thought it was a different play.

Anyway nice to see RPM cast still being active.

Top Bottom