• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vamola! TokuGAF 2013 | 20 Years of Teenagers with Attitude

Yeah, she played Dorothy in a Kiwi production of Wizard of Oz in 2011.

In terms of RPM cast keeping active, Dan Ewing (who played Dillon) has been on Home and Away (one of the two big soap operas here in Australia) for the last few years.

shaowebb

Yay! The Chou Climax Heroes thread got moved to gaming to let it breathe a little while so folks can learn whats been found out about the game. Thanks Shouta!

Thread

Just ctrl+f the roster sometime. Also finding out how to turn the damage down and take climax time off was big for the meta of the game. Waaaay more intense now. I think damage was ramped up and people were given climax time since it was marketed to kids and they didn't want to intimidate them. Before if you were losing the whole match you could get 4 bars, rider finale, and be rewarded with 4 bars and pretty much two moves could kill. In this scenario it takes awhile to do enough damage to kill and 4 bars will be extremely valuable for things like jump cancels and rider cancels to get all the damage you can done since there is no way you can get 4 bars fast enough again to off a guy before he tears you apart.

Default setting was for kids. This setting makes it far better and with combo breakers on deck this makes things really meter intensive...especially since combo breakers take guard gauge and if you do two of them too close together you will guard break yourself for a LONG time before it can restore itself. Risk reward on offense AND defense now.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Hahahah what the hell

1362060331289r2ujt.jpg

WillyFive

Yay! The Chou Climax Heroes thread got moved to gaming to let it breathe a little while so folks can learn whats been found out about the game. Thanks Shouta!

Thread

Just ctrl+f the roster sometime. Also finding out how to turn the damage down and take climax time off was big for the meta of the game. Waaaay more intense now. I think damage was ramped up and people were given climax time since it was marketed to kids and they didn't want to intimidate them. Before if you were losing the whole match you could get 4 bars, rider finale, and be rewarded with 4 bars and pretty much two moves could kill. In this scenario it takes awhile to do enough damage to kill and 4 bars will be extremely valuable for things like jump cancels and rider cancels to get all the damage you can done since there is no way you can get 4 bars fast enough again to off a guy before he tears you apart.

Default setting was for kids. This setting makes it far better and with combo breakers on deck this makes things really meter intensive...especially since combo breakers take guard gauge and if you do two of them too close together you will guard break yourself for a LONG time before it can restore itself. Risk reward on offense AND defense now.

Absolutely fantastic work, Shaowebb.

Novid

Banned
According to product listings on Bandai Visual's site, the original Ultraman will be getting a Blu-ray release in three box sets, releasing the first thirteen episodes this July, the middle thirteen in October, and the final set in January 2014.

https://www.bandaivisual.co.jp/index?act=detail&ino=BCXS-0754
https://www.bandaivisual.co.jp/index?act=detail&ino=BCXS-0755
https://www.bandaivisual.co.jp/index?act=detail&ino=BCXS-0756

(via @WTK)

They going to be 4:3 or 16:9?

shaowebb

Absolutely fantastic work, Shaowebb.

Thanks. I was originally making a graphic card for EVERY rider with every form included on the card. Here's one I had done.

ibumuyUAngTIea.jpg

However, the OT took 3 posts to make and reached character limit TWICE. Just that many Riders , styles, and forms, and things like Advent cards and special notes that had to be covered per Rider. Considering there IS an image limit on Gaf and this would have been 61 images + and real world obligations are a thing for me with the whole day job +other jobs thing it would have never gotten done.

I am actually expanding the OT now with the inputs for bonus meter combos for all the assault style Riders in the game. These characters with certain light to heavy strings will be awarded an instant bonus full bar of meter if they do the right combo. You know you did it right because they pose for it, flash, make a noise and the bar pops up and everything. Some Riders have a bunch of these, but some are harder to find.

Knowing those is key to assault style characters because if you end ANY combo in that string it will net you the bar. That means you can do a meter heavy combo and end it with that and make it FREE like ReXXXsoprano shows in his Kamen Rider Black primer video. So far the best dude for bonus meter options I've found is Kamen Rider Amazon. Nearly any light to heavy string followed by special gives him bonus meter and he has a SHITLOAD of otg's and relaunches to cancel into. Amazon can put in the work in this game.

Anyhow thanks for the praise. I encourage folks here to get a copy STRONGLY. Its a really great game and as Kamen Rider fans every other second is a hype moment because they hid so much in the game. I nerded out when Den O suddenly turned into Liner form for his finale and did Densha Giri and I nerded out AGAIN when Agito suddenly became Burning Agito for a special out of NOWHERE.

EDIT:
By the way I found this and nearly choked to death.
Kamen Rider Beast Wallpaper

jwk94

So I've found myself listening to the TV size edit for Kyoryuger's ending a lot...this is the first time I've enjoyed an ending theme, let alone dance, since Deka. Also, I keep rewatching the episodes, I've never rewatched an episode before the next episode except for with Power Rangers Samurai. This series is too good. Does anybody know when the CD drops?

So I've found myself listening to the TV size edit for Kyoryuger's ending a lot...this is the first time I've enjoyed an ending theme, let alone dance, since Deka. Also, I keep rewatching the episodes, I've never rewatched an episode before the next episode except for with Power Rangers Samurai. This series is too good. Does anybody know when the CD drops?

Mid March...hey!! It's march now! It's not too far away! :)

WillyFive

Nick is so bad at this. They also leaked the Samurai episode early via Netflix and aired the entire second half of the second season in Latin America months before the US.

Anyway, Megaforce is doing pretty well. They are doing a very great deal of original stuff, and even using the Goseiger footage in very unorthodox ways, which promises a lot for Super Megaforce. Also, ratings are very good.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
Nick is so bad at this. They also leaked the Samurai episode early via Netflix and aired the entire second half of the second season in Latin America months before the US.

Anyway, Megaforce is doing pretty well. They are doing a very great deal of original stuff, and even using the Goseiger footage in very unorthodox ways, which promises a lot for Super Megaforce. Also, ratings are very good.

to their credit, a lot of shows air seasons in latin america before we get them. like seasons of justice league.

jwk94

So i'm rewatching parts of Akibaranger. Man, this show was amazing. it kinda got confusing once everything got serious though. I can't even remember the whole plot twist at the end. Not sure if I want to go that far though. Koz Koz is excellent though. Her little moments always make me laugh. It's going to be interesting to see what they do with Blue's replacement. I'll miss her, she was a cool character. However, I won't miss her ridiculously long and drawn out roll call.

jwk94

So I'm watching Kyoryuger Brave 2 again and I've noticed quite a few things

- Blue's dance is far more pronounced than Ami's is. It's like she's just there for it. This is very apparant with the kick motion just before the turn. Daigo and Blue (still don't know his name) both lift up their leg forming a right angle while Ami's barely leaves the ground. It could just be her jacket (shawl?) covering her leg though. Either way, I hope this changes as the series progresses.

- Blue's got something going on with his mouth whenever he speaks. It's like he has a speech impediment where he can only use one half of his mouth. You can see this around 10:31 of the OverTime sub where he's giving his speech just after de-morphing. It's like his jaw is leaning toward his right or something.

- Not really anything special, but during the "The strongest and bravest in history" part of their roll call, you can see some powder come off their gloves. You can see it kick off the pavement when they slap their hands on the ground.

- After their roll call, it doesn't look like there's anything they say before they rush into battle. With Shinkenger you had Takeru declaring that they're "going forth" Gosei I have no clue since I didn't watch much of that to care; Gokai had Marvelous saying something about stuff getting showy, I forgot; Go-Busters had "Busters, ready. Go!" While in Brave 2, Daigo does say "It's about to get wild!" simply paying attention to what everybody else is doing or saying shows that he's not really declaring that for the whole team. Ami is doing somthing that looks like she's getting pumped up while uttering gibberish.

Then you have Blue who sounds like he's saying "Alright!" repeatedly while also getting pumped. It's going to be interesting to see what Black and Green do. I'm guessing Green will just remain cool since it seems like he's going to be the "cool guy" for this season (does anybody think he look like Takeru's actor?). Hopefully they settle on something for the whole team somewhere down the line to kinda show that they've come together as a cooperative force.

This comes up once more after they're defeated the MOTW's base form and they each utter their own things.

- The gattai looks like something you'd see on the toy commercial -_-

- Not sure if I like how they're kinda going for this take on the whole "group split into two" thing. It's like Green and Black are meant to be there, but at the same time, they're not. I'm probably just looking far too into it though.

- The ending mentions a Pteragadon. That's obviously an upcoming Zord - could that be
Cyan or Gold's
?

-
EDIT:

Crap, double post. Sorry about that.

EDIT 2:

Is that Yufi from Psychic Lover that sings the opening and ending for Kyoryuger?

drizzle

Axel Hertz
- Blue's dance is far more pronounced than Ami's is. It's like she's just there for it. This is very apparant with the kick motion just before the turn. Daigo and Blue (still don't know his name) both lift up their leg forming a right angle while Ami's barely leaves the ground. It could just be her jacket (shawl?) covering her leg though. Either way, I hope this changes as the series progresses.
I think she (the actress) just can't dance. I've noticed that in that early gif that was posted here, she was the one that did it worse. (Even though people were calling out Black, but his moves only had a little extra flavor in them).

- Not really anything special, but during the "The strongest and bravest in history" part of their roll call, you can see some powder come off their gloves. You can see it kick off the pavement when they slap their hands on the ground.
I thought that was weird at first, but I believe it's supposed to make it looks like he's hitting (slapping?) the ground really hard and kicking up dust.

- After their roll call, it doesn't look like there's anything they say before they rush into battle. With Shinkenger you had Takeru declaring that they're "going forth" Gosei I have no clue since I didn't watch much of that to care; Gokai had Marvelous saying something about stuff getting showy, I forgot; Go-Busters had "Busters, ready. Go!" While in Brave 2, Daigo does say "It's about to get wild!" simply paying attention to what everybody else is doing or saying shows that he's not really declaring that for the whole team. Ami is doing somthing that looks like she's getting pumped up while uttering gibberish.
I'm pretty sure he says it on episode 1 as well. That's the catchphrase. I like how their "pumping up routine" is different for each character. Even their pose is, sometimes, asymmetrical. It's good because it shows they're not a team that's been training this for a long time, but instead just a bunch of people ready to kick some ass.

It's going to be interesting to see what Black and Green do. I'm guessing Green will just remain cool since it seems like he's going to be the "cool guy" for this season (does anybody think he look like Takeru's actor?). Hopefully they settle on something for the whole team somewhere down the line to kinda show that they've come together as a cooperative force.
It seemed to me that Black was the cool smooth talker guy (or the twenty-tens Japanese version of one, for that matter), while Green was the token Japanese respectable family "I wear this little Japanese suit from my school and carry around this Kendo Sword because I'm so into my Japanese heritage, even though it was probably forced on me by my parents" and "likes to be alone" type character. I could be wrong though, we'll see this next episode.

- Not sure if I like how they're kinda going for this take on the whole "group split into two" thing. It's like Green and Black are meant to be there, but at the same time, they're not. I'm probably just looking far too into it though.

The ending sequence already shows them all standing in that robot control room with their individual virtual reality movement capturing pods. (a sidenote: I really hate those, I much prefer when they're actual sit-down controls). We're still in the Character Development stage and they're becoming a group one episode at a time. For instance, Blue and Yellow already accepted King as part of the group and are accepting his nickname, while on the first episode everybody said "we're not calling you that" when he said that people called him King. I just found weird how they made a somewhat complete and battle ready robot with only 3 members. I wonder what the other 2 are for. Rollerskates? Different arms?

Edit: I almost wish we had two fully formed robots, but one is always underused when this happens, and it always means that they'll both merge to make a super robot and that's all you'll see in the last 10 episodes of the series: Only the final merged form, without any transformation or use of the regular forms. Titan Jr. was always so underused in Flashman that made it look weak, while Grand Titan (their merged form, if I'm not mistaken. Flashman had a lot of robots) was a pretty much a laser cannon that didn't move. It's a shame.

Edit2: I usually dislike making arguments about Tokus because all my frame of reference comes from 80's shows. I wonder if there have been much better examples of these scenarios since then.

WillyFive

Edit2: I usually dislike making arguments about Tokus because all my frame of reference comes from 80's shows. I wonder if there have been much better examples of these scenarios since then.

Toku fans with a frame of reference for the 80's shows are actually pretty rare in the English speaking fandom, so your experience is a strength. Most English speaking Toku fans only have experience with the newer shows because that is all that has been available via the Internet.

As for robots in newer shows, they also usually use the strongest/most ultimate one whenever possible. Some are more strict than others though, for example; Go-Busters would decide which combination was appropriate without going overboard on the enemy, but the Gokaigers would just use the newest/strongest one anytime there was a battle, even if it was just a mook.

As for Kyoryuger, the Green and Black dinosaurs will be interchangeable with the Blue and Pink ones; they are just different arms.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
I'm watching Fourze and it's too similar to W.

Gen is infinitely likable so I'll keep watching just for that. These people he keeps on befriending are terrible people though.

Gen is infinitely likable so I'll keep watching just for that. These people he keeps on befriending are terrible people though.

It gets much better. I think/thought his friendships touch more on the getting to know someone below the surface/facade they put up.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
I do like that they filmed in some places that don't look familiar. The bowling alley for example.

Also Gokaiger vs. Gobusters comes out on DVD in a week or 2, much earlier than I expected.

WillyFive

I do like that they filmed in some places that don't look familiar. The bowling alley for example.

Also Gokaiger vs. Gobusters comes out on DVD in a week or 2, much earlier than I expected.

We haven't even gotten the Gavan movie or the Fourze/Wizard crossover yet, despite them coming out earlier.

Then again, Gokai vs. Go-Busters did poorly at the box office so....

jwk94

Related:

http://omg.yahoo.com/blogs/celeb-news/seal-lady-friend-power-ranger-175452970.html

Oh and the "It's about to get wild, so stop me/us if you can" is definitely the catchphrase. H even says it at the beginning of the first episode before he fights those minions.
Wes is gonna be pissed.

Trust me, it gets better.

KyoryuCyan is going to be in episodes 5 and 6. I read that he's in two of them because he has to convince his own dino to work with the Kyoryugers. :p

Also, I think the writer said something along the lines of "I guess it's not really a secret that there's going to be more than just KyoryuCyan as a one off character".

jwk94

KyoryuCyan is going to be in episodes 5 and 6. I read that he's in two of them because he has to convince his own dino to work with the Kyoryugers. :p

Also, I think the writer said something along the lines of "I guess it's not really a secret that there's going to be more than just KyoryuCyan as a one off character".

Didn't the writer also say that all of the Dinos had ranger partners at one point? If that's true, then there are upwards of 15 rangers that might or might now appear. This series is gonna put Deka and SPD to shame.

Didn't the writer also say that all of the Dinos had ranger partners at one point? If that's true, then there are upwards of 15 rangers that might or might now appear. This series is gonna put Deka and SPD to shame.

I think it's going to be that there are ten rangers over all. Because we know battery 11 summons the bike, I think 12 does something else and 13 combines the weapons. I mean, it makes sense in a way...Battery #10 looks like a big dino which would be perfect for the final big toy like a Tategami Li-Oh or Machfalcon.

I almost wish we had two fully formed robots, but one is always underused when this happens, and it always means that they'll both merge to make a super robot and that's all you'll see in the last 10 episodes of the series: Only the final merged form, without any transformation or use of the regular forms. Titan Jr. was always so underused in Flashman that made it look weak, while Grand Titan (their merged form, if I'm not mistaken. Flashman had a lot of robots) was a pretty much a laser cannon that didn't move. It's a shame.

Titan Boy and Flash Titan I thought were used in a decent way, with them having lost the ability to use Flash King for a while, and Ley Baraki coming to assist them. Good way to have them introduce a new toy *lol* After all, it was the very first time there was more than one robot in a sentai show.

hold up, Frankenstein from might morphin had a final form?

Yeah, it was Mutitus or however you spell it. That was from the Island of Illusion episode, right? They took it from Zyuranger and made it two unrelated episodes from different parts of the season.

shaowebb

So I finally had a chance to just stop working and do whatever I felt like today so I went ahead and tracked down some stuff I hand't seen.

I watched the Farewell Den O movie and now I FINALLY understand who the hell Teddy and New Den O are alongside of just why the Imagin can ALL be henshin-ed into their Den O forms in other films. Closure.

Also I went ahead and watched the Kamen Rider Accel movie. BADASS. I still hate the motorcycle thing but between this movie, his sword being my favorite Rider Weapon, and how damned good he is in Chou Climax Heroes he is now officially a Rider I can say I really love now. However, Akiko (Chief) is still so God Damned irritating that I wish Denliner would go and remove her from history. To think she had a whole series of short films dedicated to "what if Akika was..." makes me utterly question people's tolerance for irritating characters in Japan.

Kamen Rider W...it continues to deliver some of the best things ever, but sadly to balance the scales of its sheer awesome Akiko will always be there to completely suck.

I didn't like Akiko at first but she really grew on me as the series went on. It was the opposite case with what's her name from Fourze.

Top Bottom