• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vamola! TokuGAF 2013 | 20 Years of Teenagers with Attitude

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
I would learn Japanese for a sentai tell all book. You know some ill shit went down.

ibzEboIJYOKcmG.gif

I would learn Japanese for a sentai tell all book. You know some ill shit went down.

If we are talking sentai, I want to know what happened with Diane Martin and Yuki Yajima. Yuki Yajima especially since she really seemed to show some talent in both Bioman and the episodes of Sharivan that she appeared in.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Shouldn't we be seeing Tokkyuger stuff in the next few hours?

It was this manga I remember seeing that was all about "The Curse of Kamen Rider" on /m/ once. Really weird stuff.

From one of the Rider's house burning down, to Kenzaki blowing some dude (which really isn't even comparable since it was consensual, but whatevs).

jwk94

Would a Power Rangers tell-all book be worth it? I feel as though most of it would be about underpaid actors/actresses during the Saban era.

Tokkyuger stuffs

-The masks are numbered 1-5 across the brow, like Goranger

-There are tracks going across the chest

-"Railway Photographs" are the motif. The Henshin Phrase is "Get the Track!"

-The mouth on the helmet resembles Den-O
TokuNation

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
You know, it'd be a dream toku of mine where transformed forms are interchangeable among teammates. Gokaiger is so close to that, but their base form is still strictly locked.

jwk94

You know, it'd be a dream toku of mine where transformed forms are interchangeable among teammates. Gokaiger is so close to that, but their base form is still strictly locked.
You're saying you want their colors to be changeable? Doesn't that break the whole premise behind Sentai?

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Has there been an enemy empire more on the ropes than Deboss? I ams tarting to feel sorry for them.

Clearly, they blew their load way too soon. They revived their leader before he regained 100% of his strength. Now he's even weaker and they don't have any power to capture more human emotions to conjure more energy. So they're stuck in training Paramonsters and using weaker versions of already-defeated enemies.

Also, they probably ran out of monster costumes and monster ideas without getting too repetitive. I don't mind, I always enjoy the crazy hi jinks Sentai episodes. Nossan hooking up with Candelira? That's going to be a great episode.

ReiGun

Has there been an enemy empire more on the ropes than Deboss? I ams tarting to feel sorry for them.

You know Deboss was in for it when their generals were jobbing before the episodes even hit the teens. Now they're staring down ten Kyoryugers with no army and their master has already been beaten once.

Lord Chaos probably went off to cry and reflect on how things got so bad.

shaowebb

Anyone else want a movie villain to be the Return of Phoenix from Wizard? Dude would be insanely powerful and worthy of a whole era crossover.

I'm really getting lost with the fruit form choices in Gaim.

I'm assuming the most popular fruits people tend to eat are what the main four use?

Anyway how is snapping your fingers a roll call fighting pose Torin?! You so boss

Zynx

You know Deboss was in for it when their generals were jobbing before the episodes even hit the teens. Now they're staring down ten Kyoryugers with no army and their master has already been beaten once.

Lord Chaos probably went off to cry and reflect on how things got so bad.

And they might be setting up Luckyero to defect too...

GManDH

okay please dont get mad, but what are other toku series besides KR and SS that are in production. I know that Garo is suppose to get a new season soon? are there others that are currently out, or being released Febish?

Boss Doggie

They didn't go far enough. The Old Man should have saved her.

You can't save data unless he hooks her up to a hard drive.

That and well, she's technically dead and our lord Enter made superficial pirated copies

drizzle

Axel Hertz
okay please dont get mad, but what are other toku series besides KR and SS that are in production. I know that Garo is suppose to get a new season soon? are there others that are currently out, or being released Febish?

There's some small budget Ultraman nonsense and there's Gouraigan (that filled Garo's slot). Overtime is doing Ultraman, Gouraigan is being done by GUIS, but slowly as fuck. T-N has Gouraigan on time, but it's T-N.

There's other series from other countries as well. It's all listed on the OP.

I started Ultraman Ginga today and I'm having a lot of fun with it. The characters are pretty bland but I think the fact that it's only 12 episodes (and a movie I think) completely saves it. The monster and ginga costumes are really cool and the show just looks really good. I'm all into it.

Also this is my first Ultra series, are there others I need to check out? I was thinking Tiga.

Tiga, Dyna and Classic. Maybe Max too.

Also I think the Ginga classmates are dumb.

I've seen all of the above you mentioned except Dyna subbed somewhere for download. Where can I get Dyna? Also I agree the Ginga characters are pretty bad except for maybe Taro who makes me laugh quite a bit. The suit action, the music, and just how the show looks with the colors and camerawork and such really sold me on it

Boss Doggie

Pajamasuits

Why do they all look so cheaply made?

I mean, I thought Kyoryu got cash from toys

Looks like they have my dream sentai though (interchangeable colors)... but why the pajama look?

fmpanda

The concept looks interesting, but yeah, pajamasuits. I don't think were going to get a look like Go-Busters for a LOOONG time to be honest, colorful pajamasuits sell to kids better. I'm going to need to see the Tokkyu Oh in action to be sold on it though.

Delio

Welp..hate the suits. Helmets look like trash.

Saving grace for me are the train mech tho. I like how it looks.

The more I look at those suits the more I can dig it. I think the big awesome thing here is the interchangeable color thing they're doing with the team where the numbers are unique to each character but any of them can be any color and the different color suits are gonna be power ups apparently too so this will be at least interesting to see if anything.

vareon

The 70s called, they want their suits back.

Anyway, dudes on the other side of the internet getting angry about designs kid's show aside, I'm interested in what they mean by appealing to train lovers.An actual scaled trains as toys? :O

I'm disappointed with the mech. Expected this.

Boss Doggie

Honestly I can't judge the mecha yet because we only have a toy so far... but the toys imply the mecha wouldn't be designed well.

vareon

I need to see if there are any gimmicks on that Tokkyu-oh toy, like Kyoryu's voices. Because if not...well that's one unimaginative toy at the first sight.

Edit: Doggie, I couldn't find the interchangable colors info anywhere. Where'd you find it?

Boss Doggie

I need to see if there are any gimmicks on that Tokkyu-oh toy, like Kyoryu's voices. Because if not...well that's one unimaginative toy at the first sight.

Edit: Doggie, I couldn't find the interchangable colors info anywhere. Where'd you find it?
Scans in /m/

Top Bottom