• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vamola! TokuGAF 2013 | 20 Years of Teenagers with Attitude

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Fruit Samurai 09 is out.

I'm surprised they subbed it that fast.

According to Magenta, the sub was done before the good quality Raw was made available:

Mägentä Gäläxy ‏@MagentaGalaxica
i just realized we're in the hilarious position of the Gaim 9 subs actually being ready before the raw is???

They do all the translating and sync work on a shittier, non HD, full of shitty encoding macroblocking version:

KlavXyC.png

When the raw came out, they probaby just had to re-time (if even that) and release it.

Edit: Also, I love how Toei makes sure to point out that Gaim is a work of Fiction on the banner on the lower area of that screenshot...

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
So there really is a vendetta against Disney-era PR eh?

Is it? Martial Arts is more associated with violence. Gymnastics is a physical activity that kids can do without pandering to their aggressive side.

Would you think of the children?

I just find it hilarious that martial artists could move like gymnasts.

EDIT: Kamen Rider predicts the future of google buying out yahoo

NCMwYf4.jpg

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
There's some blurry Gaim Merch. scans going around...

Shows headshots of Marika, Sigurd, Duke, and Shin Zangetsu, all look pretty rad...there's also some super big Orange Lock Seed, and a new gun device I assume comes with it.

Most people assumed the Energy Lock Seed dudes would be rival Beat Riders, but it's starting to look like based on the latest episode they'll all be employees of Yggdrasil led by Zangetsu. I bet we'll see the Beat Riders team up against them. Do you think Sigurd = Sid?

Shows headshots of Marika, Sigurd, Duke, and Shin Zangetsu, all look pretty rad...there's also some super big Orange Lock Seed, and a new gun device I assume comes with it.

Most people assumed the Energy Lock Seed dudes would be rival Beat Riders, but it's starting to look like based on the latest episode they'll all be employees of Yggdrasil led by Zangetsu. I bet we'll see the Beat Riders team up against them. Do you think Sigurd = Sid?

Nah, Sid doesn't seem the type to get his hands dirty, at least not just yet. I do think that Team Baron and Team Gaim among others ( maybe except Bravo) will set aside their differences to take down the energy riders after a scene of getting absolutely torn apart by the new guys. (maybe around this time Micchy will abandon his friends and join his brother?)

So with Gaim 09 implying that (Major Spoilers)
people who eat Helheim's fruit become Invess, is there a decent chance of Yuuya being the Invess that Kouta killed in his first fight as Gaim?

Boss Doggie

I had a strange dream that Pokemon are involved in Gaim for some odd reason.

So with Gaim 09 implying that (Major Spoilers)
people who eat Helheim's fruit become Invess, is there a decent chance of Yuuya being the Invess that Kouta killed in his first fight as Gaim?

Sorta. Though apparently that's not the case.

The bat monster has already existed prior to the construction worker.

vareon

Shin Zangetsu is super rad, considering Zangetsu is the only one I design I dislike on the initial four.

Slayven

Sid's lock is too baller for that. He will be the midseason boss at least

vareon

Gaim 9 was so good. Moving the plot, character development, laying down the mysteries, and comedy in one episode--indeed the only thing they didn't do was introducing a toy. I'm so glad the show decided to ditch the two-parter format, at least for this year.

Gaim 9 was so good. Moving the plot, character development, laying down the mysteries, and comedy in one episode--indeed the only thing they didn't do was introducing a toy. I'm so glad the show decided to ditch the two-parter format, at least for this year.

Oh hey, I totally forgot about this....good.

Slayven

Crazy that they seem to get more done in more ep than a lot of series did in two.

WillyFive

Team Gaim working together looking for the bat reminded me of the Kamen Rider Club from Fourze. A lot of funny antics as well. A lot is said about Gaim's drama, but it's also very funny as well.

Sorta. Though apparently that's not the case.

The bat monster has already existed prior to the construction worker.

Depends,
the bat scene from episode 8 could have taken place after the cold opening for episode 9.

Boss Doggie

I honestly think
people erupting/becoming plants
has a standing because
you see the helmet and such covered with the dimensional plants, as well as the half-eaten fruit

GManDH

did you guys know this: In Norse mythology, Yggdrasil (/ˈɪɡdrəsɪl/; from Old Norse Yggdrasill, pronounced [ˈyɡːˌdrasilː]) is an immense tree that is central in Norse cosmology, in connection to which the nine worlds exist.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Depends,
the bat scene from episode 8 could have taken place after the cold opening for episode 9.

If the batmonster is the worker that ate the fruit, why would he leave the underground facility to look for more fruit when there was a shitload of fruit available there, to starve, get one fruit from the trap and then go back to it?

He attacked the bar-owner because he was smelling fruit, but didn't find the fruit he liked. He was then lured to Gaim's headquarters by one Helheim fruit, which he got, and then flew away.

I'm more inclined to believe that he smelled the underground fruit garden and went there to get more even more food. The type of fruit used to lure him to Gaim's Headquarters is the same fruit that was available in the underground garden, so why would he leave there in the first place, if he was hunting for food outside?

WillyFive

MFC and O-T subbed the Goseiger vs. Shinkenger movie. It was really weird seeing stuff like Mojikara and Gedoushu translated into plain English, but it gave it a really nice texture to the naming of those things that really showcased the theme of the season that I didn't get by leaving stuff untranslated. It made the stuff seem cooler than it was before.

Boss Doggie

did you guys know this: In Norse mythology, Yggdrasil (/ˈɪɡdrəsɪl/; from Old Norse Yggdrasill, pronounced [ˈyɡːˌdrasilː]) is an immense tree that is central in Norse cosmology, in connection to which the nine worlds exist.

That's why I'm angry at Toei because they misspelled Yggdrasil... with two L's

WillyFive

Those are awesome, Boss Doggie.

Also, this latest Kyoryuger episode was absolutely amazing. Nossan episodes are the best episodes, and this one was on a whole other level. It moved the plot, it was hilarious, it was extremely well made, and it even had a Dekaranger reference.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
I hate hate hate hate TV-Nihon. Their subs are unreadable. Translate you morons! Translate! And stop with the graphics!

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
I hate hate hate hate TV-Nihon. Their subs are unreadable. Translate you morons! Translate! And stop with the graphics!

Banana new shoe!

Actually, when I first started watching Toku with Fourze on a streaming site (and didn't really know the sub groups), I actually thought the little graphics for the Switches were part of the show. Then I noticed them disappearing as the streaming site mixed TV-N and OT, it was sort of weird. In fact I watched Fourze, W, and OOO within a week on that site, and thus I was sort of confused when the quality of the subs kept switching around.

vareon

I watched TVN's Decade, which were marked HD, yesterday. Kind of surprised by the shittiness of the video compared to watching raws.

They are one step above chinese bootlegs on ebay.

Actually, chinese bootlegs are fun! Always cracked up seeing Kuuga's subs and Faiz's "supermen".

drizzle

Axel Hertz
God dammit this last episode of Kyoryuger was amazing.

It seems they were pressed for time, as Ramierz part on the episode was so rushed that, if he wasn't there, nothing would have changed. They also fast tracked the Giganto Kyoryuzin fight, but damn wasn't this a great episode.

The monster special power were used amazingly well. The Dekaranger callback was very well done and was kinda unexpected, even though I had already read about it here. The audio cue was perfect.

This really is a great series. Each new episode seems better than the previous one.

Slayven

I watched TVN's Decade, which were marked HD, yesterday. Kind of surprised by the shittiness of the video compared to watching raws.

Actually, chinese bootlegs are fun! Always cracked up seeing Kuuga's subs and Faiz's "supermen".

I still got the first 5 eps of Abaranger on dvd. Shit is weird, but if you treat it as a joke, better than TVN

I completely forgot how the show early on was shipping nossan with Candelilla. Eh..

The highschool gang movie skit was hilarious. kyogreen was like hey why didn't I change *unbuttons suit*

WillyFive

The scene in which Daigo talks to Nossan was also really great, and shows off what kind of leadership style he has compared to Ian and other past Reds. It showed both Daigo's concern and yet his trust with him. I didn't expect a small scene like that to be so great.

jbolcaQgninQAp.png

Also: This is an interest post to read.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
After trying to watch Shinkenger and failing due to shitty video and sub quality, I decided to start Kyoryuger instead. Thank you OverTime.

So much camp, but so much fun. That dance they do before they morph is so great.

After trying to watch Shinkenger and failing due to shitty video and sub quality, I decided to start Kyoryuger instead. Thank you OverTime.

So much camp, but so much fun. That dance they do before they morph is so great.

Don't worry, OT will get Shinkenger done...eventually.

I've been marathoning Kyoryuger for the last few days, and I'm all caught up now. I liked the first 12 episodes or so, but after Kyoryu Gold officially joined the group it felt like the show was meandering a bit until around the time Plezuon showed up. I've been enjoying it quite a bit since then, though. It probably helps that King hasn't been stealing the spotlight nearly as much for the last 10 episodes or so. Here's hoping the show's final arc keeps up the pace.

On another note, Just Live More's orchestration is amazing.

WillyFive

I've been thinking about the final arc, and it has a lot to live up to. Other than the obvious save the world part, it has to either resolve or hand-wave away:

1. The mystery of King's dad.
2. Nossan's secret identity plot
3. Souji's school girlfriend plot
4. Amy's parents
5. Ian's revenge on Aigaron
6. Utchy's past teammates and his rivalry with Dogold
7. Torin and Chaos's brother plot
8. Candeleria's and Luckeryo's death/redemption flags
9. Candeleria's romance with Nossan
10. Endorf

It seems that next week we start the first episode of the final arc, with characters
returning to their home countries and the Deboss going all out.
Also, if they dedicate one episode for each of those things, we pretty much have the last 10 episodes mapped.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
I've been thinking about the final arc, and it has a lot to live up to. Other than the obvious save the world part, it has to either resolve or hand-wave away:

2. Nossan's secret identity plot

I mean they did away with this in this week's episode did they not?

8. Candeleria's and Luckeryo's death/redemption flags

Pretty sure they'll die. I think during the Plezuon bit they said so long as there are Deboss remnants around, Deboss could be revived. This would mean Torin would have to go too. Either all 3 go or they fudge a way to have all three stay alive.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
Pretty sure they'll die. I think during the Plezuon bit they said so long as there are Deboss remnants around, Deboss could be revived. This would mean Torin would have to go too. Either all 3 go or they fudge a way to have all three stay alive.

probably by taking a note from mystic force and
turning human.

Top Bottom