• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vamola! TokuGAF 2013 | 20 Years of Teenagers with Attitude

Rajack

I am totally digging Kyoryuger right now. I totally thought it was gonna suck and I would be stuck watching Wizard but I am oh so pleasantly surprised!

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
See the bowling alley setting the first time in Fourze yesterday and they use it again in Wizard today lol.

At least they do more with it, actually fighting in the lanes.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
I know it makes sense to have Souji smile at the end of the episode. But it's weird to see his father thank him for saving his life and Souji looking back with a stone cold stare.

jwk94

I know it makes sense to have Souji smile at the end of the episode. But it's weird to see his father thank him for saving his life and Souji looking back with a stone cold stare.

I actually didn't notice that lol. There might be something else we haven't been told. Personally, I'd like to see his mom.

EDIT:

Is anybody getting battride wars? I'm not sure if I should pre-order the CD version or not.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
So why is Pink in the cockpit when her dinosaur isn't in? Also ib4thisepisodehasmorecharacterthanGoBusterbecauseomgShoji

Also why didn't Beast remove the Gate inside her granny?

jwk94

So why is Pink in the cockpit when her dinosaur isn't in? Also ib4thisepisodehasmorecharacterthanGoBusterbecauseomgShoji

Also why didn't Beast remove the Gate inside her granny?
I was thinking the same thing I thought Souji was about to ask why she was still there after she told Dricera good job.

WillyFive

I never understood the hate for Akiko. She was hilarious.

Anyway, Black was taking Cyan's Batteries, are they allowed to do that? Also, this past Wizard story has been pretty good, had great character moments and used the despair angle really well.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
I don't think that's Cyan's battery. Cyan's is 7 while the one Black took is 13. 6-10 are empty iirc, probably because they're all currently with their owner. Not sure what 12+ is for exactly.

Green and Red's helmets look too similar.

WillyFive

i8k5iClMLYwLO.gif

WillyFive

So am I the only one that gets chemistry between Pink and Green? When the last time we had Sentai romance?

In Sentai, I think it was Magiblue and Magishine from Magiranger:

250px-MSM_Urara.jpg
+
250px-MSM_Hikaru.jpg

As for Power Rangers, it was Mike and Emily from Samurai/Super Samurai:

250px-Mike_Power_Rangers_Samurai.jpg
+
250px-Emily.jpg

Chiaki and Kotaha had a very subtle romance in Shinkenger, they just were totally in your face about the Mike and Emily thing in Samurai. :p

vareon

I never understood the hate for Akiko. She was hilarious.

Anyway, Black was taking Cyan's Batteries, are they allowed to do that? Also, this past Wizard story has been pretty good, had great character moments and used the despair angle really well.

Akiko and Shotaro was hilarious. By herself she's...not that much.

Slayven

King is like Gentaro with a few years under his belt. Can't wait until the Vs, Blue on Blue power match, feel bad for their opponent.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
King is like Gentaro with a few years under his belt. Can't wait until the Vs, Blue on Blue power match, feel bad for their opponent.

God, we need a king and gentarou meet up. They would be bros through time and space

DarkWish

I found something interesting. I present to you what appears to be confirmation of... GOKAIGER SUITS IN SUPER MEGAFORCE!!!

Found a crew member that posted this picture yesterday to Instagram (don't want to post the Instagram link in case that member gets in trouble):
BEskWJ6CMAAF3wm.jpg:large

Take a look at the boots on the guy on the right. They look exactly like these boots:
Gokai-green.jpg

So there you have it, folks. Gokaiger suits in Super Megaforce. That's Gokai Green's boot, right there in that image.

Boss Doggie

I always thought it's been confirmed, what with the ranger keys.

Anyway what's the consensus of Mega Force so far? I thought the first episode was all right but what about the rest? What's the current episode count?

Novid

Banned
How are toy sells? Because Toei buys 90 percent of the ad time on their shows. That became illegal in the US in the 90s

toy sales...are sort of ok...but these ratings are fucking bullshit. this a fucking dino show, it fucking prints MONEY!

WillyFive

Kids maybe don't watch TV anymore (or, most likely, there are barely no kids anymore to watch the shows). If Toei didn't find success in retooling Go-Busters (that show ended with a different story than it began, it was so frustrating), then maybe they should find other ways to get kids to watch.

I wonder what it is...also, how do they even calculate these ratings?

This is a good article on how they are determined.

Japanese TV ratings are calculated by population. So when the first episode of Kamen Rider OOO pulled a 10% standard rating for its first episode, that means that roughly 1 out of every 10 Japanese citizens watched it.

Here's a list of past shows and the ratings they had. Ratings have fallen off dramatically. Although Kyoryuger had a better premiere than Go-Busters did (can't imagine you could get worse than Mission 1 did when it aired), episodes with 4.0% ratings is still very poor, when just a few years ago the first episode of Kamen Rider W got a 10.2%.

I always thought it's been confirmed, what with the ranger keys.

Anyway what's the consensus of Mega Force so far? I thought the first episode was all right but what about the rest? What's the current episode count?

It's up to episode 4 now (as of this post), and it's a heck of a lot better than Goseiger. It's no Gokaiger or RPM or anything, but the show is a good step up from before. At least, in my opinion. Others think it sticks too close to MMPR for their liking.

Boss Doggie

It's up to episode 4 now (as of this post), and it's a heck of a lot better than Goseiger. It's no Gokaiger or RPM or anything, but the show is a good step up from before. At least, in my opinion. Others think it sticks too close to MMPR for their liking.

I'll watch it then. I mean, I watched through Lightspeed Rescue.

Please don't retool this show.

In a way, GB didn't receive a true retool but it did shake up Kobayashi to do something in the middle of the show. It's a good thing it did receive some shake up, otherwise GB would be terrible with the Kobayashi writing.

Not their fault go busters didn't know what it was doing

Nah it picked up with the older audience apparently.

Novid

Banned
its seems that the ratings are down because there not doing true endings on the series finalies anymore. The pay off isn't there.

shaowebb

They are getting their money's worth from that ancient Japan set.

Didn't they build that thing waaaaaaaay back during Den O episode like 14 or something for the mid season movie? By God they built an entire periodical town and they are going to shoot there apparently.

Boss Doggie

Didn't they build that thing waaaaaaaay back during Den O episode like 14 or something for the mid season movie? By God they built an entire periodical town and they are going to shoot there apparently.

Huh, that explains why they like to reuse it alot... they build it and want to get their money's worth!

WillyFive

The teamup was great. It was a heck of a lot more dramatic than past ones. Has an actual plot related to the characters.

Megazord Gokai Change was awesome, and tied in with the Go-Busters grand power.

Slayven

I pray the Dino rangers get to meet the Gokairanger. I can see King and Marvelous having a brief arguments on whether to make it wild or showy,

Top Bottom