• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vamola! TokuGAF 2013 | 20 Years of Teenagers with Attitude

WillyFive

Hesei-Vs-Showa-Movie-War2.jpg

I still don't understand how this won't be a curb-stomp battle.

The power of old people.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Tokkyuger suits looking more and more like Carranger to me. Just not as good.

Someone shopped mouth pieces onto the helmets and they looked much better.

Robot is still bad.

Tokkyuger suits looking more and more like Carranger to me. Just not as good.

Someone shopped mouth pieces onto the helmets and they looked much better.

Robot is still bad.

Tokkyuger will be down to the color change gimmick and the characters. I don't think the suits or robot can get better for me.

Slayven

Whats the point of changing colors? Unless they got wildly different fighting styles and powers. Amy fighting like Nobu would be hilarious though.

NeonZ

I still don't understand how this won't be a curb-stomp battle.

Well, it's people wearing suits or temporary transformations vs people who were remodeled just for fighting. The fact that the remodeling types are older (technologically) is the only reason the Heisei Riders should be able to keep up.

If Stronger or Black RX got written using all their abilities (to be fair, something they never did even in their original series), they could likely beat all Heisei Riders by themselves. Stronger was shown able to manipulate magnetism (who would a bunch of people wearing metalic suits even approach him?), conjure electric storms, absorb heat to power up (both from concentrated attacks and even environmental heat was enough), electrify his body to damage someone hitting him...

Also, what was the last time a Heisei Rider survived a nuke-like explosion, Kuuga?

I don't know Old Man Strength with Rider powers?

That's another detail too. The Showa Riders up to ZX aren't supposed to get older, which is Toei's excuse for never showing their actors on screen anymore (even in Let's go Kamen Riders, where Rider 1 and 2 had actual main roles, and their original actors were performing the roles again, they were voice only).

I actually thought the Tokkyuger stuff looks a billion times better when they used images and stuff from the actual show.

One thing though.

Why doesn't that mecha have hands? He's just gonna hit the enemies with his nubby train hands?

Well, it's people wearing suits or temporary transformations vs people who were remodeled just for fighting. The fact that the remodeling types are older (technologically) is the only reason the Heisei Riders should be able to keep up.

If Stronger or Black RX got written using all their abilities (to be fair, something they never did even in their original series), they could likely beat all Heisei Riders by themselves. Stronger was shown able to manipulate magnetism (who would a bunch of people wearing metalic suits even approach him?), conjure electric storms, absorb heat to power up (both from concentrated attacks and even environmental heat was enough), electrify his body to damage someone hitting him...

Also, what was the last time a Heisei Rider survived a nuke-like explosion, Kuuga?

That's another detail too. The Showa Riders up to ZX aren't supposed to get older, which is Toei's excuse for never showing their actors on screen anymore (even in Let's go Kamen Riders, where Rider 1 and 2 had actual main roles, and their original actors were performing the roles again, they were voice only).

Kuuga, Kabuto, and Decade should likely wipe the floor with most of them and the others' final forms aren't much to scoff at. Kabuto Hyper alone is just cheating in any universe. Black RX should give them trouble and possibly J from a size perspective, but otherwise, it should be a mostly one-sided battle. It won't be, but it should be.

Plot armor. ANY reasoning is valid.

Yep.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
J and Gaim will likely fight, right, since it's apparently based on order, so Gaim will have Watermelon Arms to use.

Who would you guys say is the weakest Hesei Rider? I'd say Den-O, even with all his forms, never struck me as particularly powerful.

-have Kabuto slap J's shit in clock up before he has the chance to get big
-get everybody out of the fucking way so Kuuga can set off some nuclear finishers

Its not even a question. Which is why Kuuga will likely be nerfed like he always is in crossover material.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
J and Gaim will likely fight, right, since it's apparently based on order, so Gaim will have Watermelon Arms to use.

Who would you guys say is the weakest Hesei Rider? I'd say Den-O, even with all his forms, never struck me as particularly powerful.

I'd go with den o as well. Liner form was weak as shit. But then again, with a more competent rider, he could probably be a beast.

Watch Da Birdie

Well, I thought about this, and I'd say I'd rank them in terms of power (and taking in account their personality and how that'd effect their fighting style) around this. I ignored cross-canon fights we've seen before and focused on their powers within their respective series.

Kabuto - The most ruthless and psychologically advantageous, plus a strong, if simple, power.
Decade - The most versatility, and under the right circumstances, ruthless, but able to hold back.
Wizard - Extremely powerful and broken power-set only held back by his hesitation (and bad writing I guess)
Kuuga - Physically powerful, but not as versatile, also not one to go all out.
Blade - King Form is very powerful, and technically, well, he can't exactly be killed. But he basically just swings around a sword.
Agito/Kiva - Roughly the same for me, have "supernatural" powers, but aren't exactly shown to be overpowered except when fighting their respective enemies. Have about the same amount of forms and such they can utilize too.
OOO - He's not afraid of fighting, and in fact can be quite crafty, with lots of powers, but then he's gotta fumble with his Medals and such and well it seems like that'd be a weakness. Also he probably would hesitate to use the Purple Medals, even though they'd help him win.
Faiz - Has some powerful tech attacks, and a tough no bull-shit fighting style, but his biggest weakness is his suit being technologically based and easy to dispatch via stealing/knocking off his belt.
Fourze - Lots and lots of powers, but they're a bit "simple" and he probably wouldn't fight to win but to befriend everyone. But he's got SHONEN power on his side, so maybe he'd be higher...
W - Mainly fought low-level crooks and such, their powers are a bit diverse, but aren't anything special.
Den-O - Have "confusion" and versatility on their side, but aren't serious enough to compete with everyone else.
Gaim - As of now more or less Ryuki level, but has more gimmicks giving him the edge. Will likely rise up as the show progresses.
Ryuki - Technically can only fight within mirrors, powers aren't that great and easily telegraphed, pacifistic and a bit simple.
Hibiki - The loosest "Rider" of them all, his sound attacks wouldn't be effective on the other Riders I assume, and lacks long-range attacks. But would win in an out-of-suit fight.

vareon

Hibiki breathes and throws fire occasionally. But yeah, he'll be the one who lectures everyone after the fighting is done and urges everyone to keep training.

ReiGun

-get everybody out of the fucking way so Kuuga can set off some nuclear finishers

Its not even a question. Which is why Kuuga will likely be nerfed like he always is in crossover material.

He'll get Final Form Ride'd like he always is even though he's a much better asset as regular Kuuga.

I'd go with den o as well. Liner form was weak as shit. But then again, with a more competent rider, he could probably be a beast.

Even Chou Climax Form didn't seem all that strong.

In Den-O, only the movie Riders seemed decently powerful.

NeonZ

A man in a metal suit even moving while Stronger is around? If we have the Riders fighting in ways that they don't usually do, Stronger spamming his underused magnetic powers would keep half of the Heisei Riders from even moving.

Kuuga, Kabuto, and Decade should likely wipe the floor with most of them and the others' final forms aren't much to scoff at. Kabuto Hyper alone is just cheating in any universe. Black RX should give them trouble and possibly J from a size perspective, but otherwise, it should be a mostly one-sided battle. It won't be, but it should be.

Actual nukes failed to kill Rider 1 and 2 twice (V3's second episode, Skyrider finale). When Amazon's Emperor Zero blew up after Amazon's finisher, the explosion destroyed a 10 kilometers tall underground base from its lowest level and reached surface. Amazon walked away from that without damage.

If we go by stated stats, which to be fair, are pretty meaningless, Super-1 and ZX have higher stats than Ultimate Kuuga.

Obviously crossover movies will keep everyone on the same level aside from one or two exceptions, but it's not just dumbing down the Heisei Riders. The Showa Rider also have crazy feats and abilities that get downplayed or completely forgotten in crossovers.

Skyrider is likely the most mistreated one. His current form is an upgrade with the power of the first 7 Riders. It had super speed and impressive strength in its debut, and got further improved attacks afterwards... and yet in later crossovers he never gets to do anything.

GManDH

i loved eps 10. we got to see kiwi and we saw the henshin of Melon. i think 11 should have the orange xmas suit or something else. regarding the final form of Gaim, i agree that itll prob be a mixture of everything, like a fruit salad. and i really hope that Sid is the final villian. though we know nothing bout it his lockseed looks kick ass. regarding the movie, im just happy to see all riders. i hope they give a decent time for each and dont make it like the SS movie where 35 riders were shown for 10 seconds each.

I think Yuuya might be the Cherry Energy Rider. Sounds dumb, but I just have a feeling.

he's a plausible candidate...the only other choice (if not a new character entirely) is Sid, it would explain the secrecy of Sigurd's identity. Unless we have another Odin situation.

vareon

I think Yuuya might be the Cherry Energy Rider. Sounds dumb, but I just have a feeling.

Is Yuuya important enough that his Rider identity concealed? He only appeared in like half an episode, despite kept being mentioned missing when the crew remembered.

vareon

We still don't know anything else about him, and it's just a theory.

What I mean is should we know anything else about him? I never felt he's an important enough character to the series that there's no impact even if he is revealed as a Rider later.

Watch Da Birdie

From what I heard, his actor's apparently pretty big in Japan, enough that it wouldn't make sense for him to be dumped after 1 episode.

Of course that doesn't mean he's Cherry, honestly after this episode it could end up being Ryoji getting a power upgrade after his belt's broken and with "mook" Kurokage appearing.

What I mean is should we know anything else about him? I never felt he's an important enough character to the series that there's no impact even if he is revealed as a Rider later.

They're setting something up with Yuuya, if only to showcase the horrific death he suffered. General guess is Yuuya will be the show's eventual Big Bad.

Watch Da Birdie

Whoa, this episode of Gaim was crazy.

...and there was literally a Bishonen Sparkle moment for Zangetsu via Bravo.

NeonZ

Of course that doesn't mean he's Cherry, honestly after this episode it could end up being Ryoji getting a power upgrade after his belt's broken and with "mook" Kurokage appearing.

All Energy Riders seem to be a single team under Yggdrazil. I don't think it'd make sense for Kurokage to join them. It just doesn't fit his personality.

The preview to next week showed him attempting to transform with his broken belt, so, we'll see what will happen to him soon, I guess.

vareon

Gaim episode 11 is basically the climax of the first arc, even with a mini recap at the end. So many things established, so many questions need answers. Next arc will get even realer with Zangetsu Shin and the energy riders. Good work on being able to tell a story within the restrictions, Gaim.

Watch Da Birdie

All Energy Riders seem to be a single team under Yggdrazil. I don't think it'd make sense for Kurokage to join them. It just doesn't fit his personality.

The preview to next week showed him attempting to transform with his broken belt, so, we'll see what will happen to him soon, I guess.

I think something bad's gonna happen, since Zangetsu seemed pretty worried when he realized he broke it.

Watch Da Birdie

lol now the rangers look like mooks. wonder whwat the mooks will look like

It'd be pretty funny if the villains end up being super complex and totally the opposite of the colorful, kid-friendly Rangers.

In fact they're called "Shadow" if I recall, which sounds pretty dark.

Top Bottom