• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vamola! TokuGAF 2013 | 20 Years of Teenagers with Attitude

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
I hope Micchy doesn't go betrayal, since that would be... terrible for his character. Misguided perhaps.

Zynx

Dunno if I'm the first one or the last one to realize this, but the significance of the shape of Yggdrasil's corp's building...

Tenumi

Banned
While it makes sense due to Christmas timing and what not, I'm sad that this week's Kyoryuger is part 1 of a two-parter...

Zynx

It's shaped like a tree. In Norse mythology, the Yggdrasil is a tree that connects the nine worlds.

Well, I was more pointing out that it's shaped like a tree because it ENCLOSES a (the!) tree. They seem to have a permanent crack open to helheim from the base of the tree inside the building.

NeonZ

Oh yeah, Foundation X just vanished in Wizard eh?

Foundation X has only appeared in series and movies where Tsukada is the main producer. No one else seems to be interested in using them so far. And, since Fourze ended, Tsukada has focused in a female police investigators series, not tokusatsu (he produced the Hurricanger 10 years after movie though)... So, it's very likely we won't see them again.

kaitain19

I really wish Urobuchi would consider putting Foundation X somewhere in Gaim. Even for just a brief cameo by the Foundation's lackeys. TOEI missed a big chance in tying Fueki's back story with the Foundation back in Wizard, and I don't want that to happen again.

NeonZ

I really wish Urobuchi would consider putting Foundation X somewhere in Gaim. Even for just a brief cameo by the Foundation's lackeys. TOEI missed a big chance in tying Fueki's back story with the Foundation back in Wizard, and I don't want that to happen again.

The worst part about the missed opportunity in Wizard is that using Foundation X could have turned a pretty bad plot point into a neat tie in. It's not even just fanservice, it would have improved the story.

"I made an artificial phantom with SCIENCE even though nothing like that had ever been foreshadowed before...!" would have been much more acceptable if his supporters had been Foundation X, tying him to people who have already been established as able to create monsters, rather than just left as an out of nowhere plot device to explain the Wiseman form.

Defuser

xVjofyX.jpg

Geki sure let himself loose after he went back to heaven lol.

Boss Doggie

Foundation X has only appeared in series and movies where Tsukada is the main producer. No one else seems to be interested in using them so far. And, since Fourze ended, Tsukada has focused in a female police investigators series, not tokusatsu (he produced the Hurricanger 10 years after movie though)... So, it's very likely we won't see them again.

Aww, and I thought they were going for nu!shocker for that.

jwk94

Super Mega episode titles and descriptions up to ep 14.

Super Megaforce
Gosei presents the Rangers with new Morphers that unlock a Super Mega Mode, which will allow them to access the powers of every previous team of Power Rangers.

Earth Fights Back
While the rest of the team works with the civilians to rebuild their city, Troy stumbles upon a plot by the Armada to launch missiles at major cities throughout the world.

Blue Saber Saga
After being humiliated in battle by a master swordsman monster, Noah suffers a crisis of confidence and questions his worthiness as a Ranger.

A Lion's Alliance
Determined to strengthen their defense against the Armada, the Rangers head to a mystical airborne island named Animaria in search of the wild yet powerful Red Lion Zord.

Samurai Surprise
When a powerful monster named Matacore is sent by the emperor to take on the Rangers, they face a challenge like never before. Luckily, help comes in the form of a mysterious Samurai visitor.

Spirit of the Tiger
When the Rangers face a monster with a magnetic power to wrench their weapons away from them, Jake and Emma turn to quiet local Zoo Keeper named Casey to learn a special form of martial arts that helps them channel their personal animal spirits.

Silver Lining, Part 1
The Rangers are shocked and mystified when they discover the presence of a new Silver Ranger. Is this strange new visitor an ally or a foe?

Silver Lining, Part 2
Orion, the mysterious Silver Ranger, explains his past to Gosei and the Rangers and how he obtained the Silver Ranger Key.

Power of Six
When his Ranger teammates are sidelined by an energy-sucking monster, Jake must put aside his jealousy of Orion and help him use the combined power of the past Sixth Rangers to defeat this terrible foe.

The Perfect Storm
The Rangers are sidetracked from their fight against an invading monster when Tensou is struck by lightning, develops amnesia and wanders away from the Command Center.

Love Is In the Air
When a love potion accidentally makes the evil Levira fall in love with Jake, a jealous alien targets him for destruction.

The Grass is Always Greener or Bluer
Jake and Noah find themselves literally standing in each other's shoes when a body-swapping monster named Tranceferer switches the two Rangers so that they are inhabiting each other's body.

In the Driver's Seat
Lured away from Earth to investigate an emergency signal from Corinth, the Rangers discover they've been trapped in the alternate dimension by Professor Cog, who attacks Earth in their absence. Their only hope to get back home lies with the wild Turbo Falcon Zord, who they must tame in order to return to their dimension and save Earth.

All Hail Prince Vekar
The Rangers finally battle the evil Prince Vekar face to face when he comes to Earth armed with his very own Megazord.

http://www.rangercrew.com/forum/sho...e-Discussion&p=1159289&viewfull=1#post1159289

Slayven

Super Megaforce
Gosei presents the Rangers with new Morphers that unlock a Super Mega Mode, which will allow them to access the powers of every previous team of Power Rangers.

Earth Fights Back
While the rest of the team works with the civilians to rebuild their city, Troy stumbles upon a plot by the Armada to launch missiles at major cities throughout the world.

Blue Saber Saga
After being humiliated in battle by a master swordsman monster, Noah suffers a crisis of confidence and questions his worthiness as a Ranger.

A Lion's Alliance
Determined to strengthen their defense against the Armada, the Rangers head to a mystical airborne island named Animaria in search of the wild yet powerful Red Lion Zord.

Samurai Surprise
When a powerful monster named Matacore is sent by the emperor to take on the Rangers, they face a challenge like never before. Luckily, help comes in the form of a mysterious Samurai visitor.

Spirit of the Tiger
When the Rangers face a monster with a magnetic power to wrench their weapons away from them, Jake and Emma turn to quiet local Zoo Keeper named Casey to learn a special form of martial arts that helps them channel their personal animal spirits.

Silver Lining, Part 1
The Rangers are shocked and mystified when they discover the presence of a new Silver Ranger. Is this strange new visitor an ally or a foe?

Silver Lining, Part 2
Orion, the mysterious Silver Ranger, explains his past to Gosei and the Rangers and how he obtained the Silver Ranger Key.

Power of Six
When his Ranger teammates are sidelined by an energy-sucking monster, Jake must put aside his jealousy of Orion and help him use the combined power of the past Sixth Rangers to defeat this terrible foe.

The Perfect Storm
The Rangers are sidetracked from their fight against an invading monster when Tensou is struck by lightning, develops amnesia and wanders away from the Command Center.

Love Is In the Air
When a love potion accidentally makes the evil Levira fall in love with Jake, a jealous alien targets him for destruction.

Jake and Noah find themselves literally standing in each other's shoes when a body-swapping monster named Tranceferer switches the two Rangers so that they are inhabiting each other's body.

In the Driver's Seat
Lured away from Earth to investigate an emergency signal from Corinth, the Rangers discover they've been trapped in the alternate dimension by Professor Cog, who attacks Earth in their absence. Their only hope to get back home lies with the wild Turbo Falcon Zord, who they must tame in order to return to their dimension and save Earth.

All Hail Prince Vekar
The Rangers finally battle the evil Prince Vekar face to face when he comes to Earth armed with his very own Megazord.

http://www.rangercrew.com/forum/sho...e-Discussion&p=1159289&viewfull=1#post1159289

SHIIIIITTTTT....they really going to breeze through gokaiger.

Casey stopped slanging pizzas and writing the show long enough to take care of zoo animals?

So they're still going with Corinth is an alternate dimension?

I knew the show wasn't even going to get into the
Sid
subplot. But a one off?

Where's Basco?

The fuck is that?!

I pray they don't fuck up Go-Busters. That's damn near impossible. But still a possibility.

jwk94

Casey stopped slanging pizzas and writing the show long enough to take care of zoo animals?

Sid
subplot. But a one off?

Where's Basco?

The fuck is that?!

I pray they don't fuck up Go-Busters. That's damn near impossible. But still a possibility.
RPM was decent so there's no way they could fuck up Go-Busters

I actually don't mind his name.

Guess a boy and a girl swapping bodies is too icky for American telly.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
It's strange how in this day and age, we still don't have a way to directly contact Saban. To give feedback or criticism, offer suggestions. Unless there is a way and I haven't looked hard enough.

Tenumi

Banned
Neat... didn't expect any episode leakages this early.

Super Megaforce

Expected Intro episode. Not much detail, expecting pretty much Gokaiger Ep. 1

Earth Fights Back

Don't really recall this in Gokaiger. Must've been early season or original.

Blue Saber Saga

Sid/Barzorg-whatever his name was. Most likely something to do with that.

A Lion's Alliance

Wild Force Tribute

Samurai Surprise

Samurai Tribute. Likely Jayden appears this episode.

Spirit of the Tiger

Jungle Fury Tribute. Casey obviously appearing.

Silver Lining, Part 1

Please don't place the hiatus here, Nickelodeon!

Silver Lining, Part 2

Orion... not bad. Better than Zador.

Power of Six

Debut of Gold mode, obviously. Wonder how that'll be handled.

The Perfect Storm

Completely unsure here. Original plot?

Love Is In the Air

Sounds like to me the episode that was the Carranger tribute, so I'd imagine footage from that.

Huh. Jake and Noah instead of Jake and Gia? Original footage, then? Or perhaps some use of the sillier GokaiGreen footage.

In the Driver's Seat

Hurray, Corinth!

All Hail Prince Vekar

Vekar's defeat episode, and/or when they get the final Megazord form.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
[NDA] Blade 02 is out

Back when NDA posted on /m/ in the Gaim Sub threads, he showed a folder that indicated he had made great progress through Blade, so had Episode 30 or so pretty much ready to go, so I imagine we'll get new episodes from him tri-weekly.

Excited to watch Blade again, even though the first couple of episodes are really...weirdly put together.

WillyFive

Those episode leaks are both incredibly exciting and incredibly disappointing. With so little time (20 episodes), the choices they made are maddening. Even with the Showa tributes never materializing due to actors not coming back in time, Gokaiger managed to make a tribute episode to each and every one of the seasons that went on to become Power Rangers; and most of them will be skipped here. Heck, using the Deka episode without mention of Kruger or SPD? Skipping the Mystic Force one for the early blue filler? An episode titled "Perfect Storm" and no Ninja Storm team up mention?

The RPM episode sounds really promising, and I really hope Olivia Tennent is there; but going by the Samurai/RPM teamup, the only thing that will be there is the car.

Those episode leaks are both incredibly exciting and incredibly disappointing. With so little time (20 episodes), the choices they made are maddening. Even with the Showa tributes never materializing due to actors not coming back in time, Gokaiger managed to make a tribute episode to each and every one of the seasons that went on to become Power Rangers; and most of them will be skipped here. Heck, using the Deka episode without mention of Kruger or SPD? Skipping the Mystic Force one for the early blue filler? An episode titled "Perfect Storm" and no Ninja Storm team up mention?

The RPM episode sounds really promising, and I really hope Olivia Tennent is there; but going by the Samurai/RPM teamup, the only thing that will be there is the car.

There are understandable logistics issues when it comes to doing tribute episodes for Power Rangers compared to Sentai, though. It's a lot easier to get actors together in Japan than it is flying them from the United States to New Zealand. Certainly you could probably get together someone from each of the seasons where the cast was primarily Australian or Kiwi pretty easily but after that it's a bit of a stretch to be able to reasonably compensate people to take time out to travel internationally just for a single episode. Even then Jason Smith's the only confirmed Disney Ranger that we know about, right?

Of course they could've splashed out a little more to be able to afford that, or to film stuff with the core Mega Force cast and veteran Ranger actors while they were in the US, since you'd think the 20th anniversary is worth that extra expenditure, but Power Rangers has gotta be made as cheaply as possible without exceptions I guess. The fact that they sent out a generic letter to get whoever they could for a couple days filming a month in advance shows how little they cared about this.

LostAnkh

Sid
subplot. But a one off?

Where's Basco?

The fuck is that?!

woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooow.

Boss Doggie

...did they skip Magiranger?

There are understandable logistics issues when it comes to doing tribute episodes for Power Rangers compared to Sentai, though. It's a lot easier to get actors together in Japan than it is flying them from the United States to New Zealand. Certainly you could probably get together someone from each of the seasons where the cast was primarily Australian or Kiwi pretty easily but after that it's a bit of a stretch to be able to reasonably compensate people to take time out to travel internationally just for a single episode. Even then Jason Smith's the only confirmed Disney Ranger that we know about, right?

Of course they could've splashed out a little more to be able to afford that, or to film stuff with the core Mega Force cast and veteran Ranger actors while they were in the US, since you'd think the 20th anniversary is worth that extra expenditure, but Power Rangers has gotta be made as cheaply as possible without exceptions I guess. The fact that they sent out a generic letter to get whoever they could for a couple days filming a month in advance shows how little they cared about this.

But with RPM, aren't they all in NZ?

...did they skip Magiranger?

But with RPM, aren't they all in NZ?

Could be that Mystic Force tribute is one of the five or six episodes we don't have summaries for. Dunno what most of the cast from that are up to now, but Nick's actor was on a comedic drama show that was pretty big here last/this year.

Yeah, I'm sure most of RPM's cast are still kicking about here and in New Zealand. Dan Ewing's been playing on one of the two big soap operas here. Tennet was in America to do some stuff I think but she's in an Auckland theater production next year.

Like I said, most of the Aus/NZ Rangers would still be around. The problem is that, as far as we know, most of them didn't even get the generic invite.

Haven't you learned by now?

Go-Busters is free. Saban can't not fuck this up. It was a tribute in itself to MMPR. A underhanded pitch as it were.

Super Samurai was a upswing that I'll admit. I'm not going to judge Super Megaforce before I see it but from what I just read and how middling Megaforce was, my questions about the quality going forward have very much merit.

My only major problem at the moment is not switching Jake & Noah. It makes sense character wise because Noah is no Joe but looking it the other way is that Jake would be doing the crazy wrestling moves that Doc pulled out on occasion but I wouldn't see Saban using that footage anyhow. But since that subplot is dead then it doesn't really matter anyhow and Troy's not getting a Basco replacement either unless he's a one-off villain too which wouldn't surprise me at all.

I also have no idea about that Orion fellow but I guarantee he's no Gai but again from the other side of the fence Gokaiger's plot needed Gai to bring the rest of them full circle as characters so going a completely different slant works because the way the show is being structured doesn't need that anyhow.

And the no duh of it all is Troy is no Based Marvelous.

woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooow.

I'm glad my pain resonates with you fellow TokuGAFfer.

Tenumi

Banned
It still feels like there's an issue that appears that very little people seem to realize: Power Rangers is not Super Sentai. They aren't aimed at the same audience, and heck, they aren't aimed at the secondary demographic, either.

Culturally, certain things can be done in Sentai that can't in PR. Power Rangers has the difficulty of working with Sentai footage, but it isn't a handicap.

Writing, yes, we can hope for good writing, but its a kids show. Sometimes competency is all that be guaranteed.

Super Megaforce is not Gokaiger. It shouldn't be held up to Gokaiger's standards.

Top Bottom