• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vamola! TokuGAF 2013 | 20 Years of Teenagers with Attitude

vareon

Tokyyuger staff is revealed.

Yasuko Kobayashi is writing, which may or may not be a good thing, depending on whether you like her latest works.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe

Yasuko Kobayashi is writing, which may or may not be a good thing, depending on whether you like her latest works.

As long as she has that thing that made her prevent filler in Go Busters, then she'd be fine.

WillyFive

She has great ideas, but her writing is hit or miss. She does amazing shows like Timeranger and Shinkenger and Den-O, but I find she could have executed various things better. One thing is for sure, with the exception of Gingaman and the core 3 Go-Busters, she does great characters that I love.

fmpanda

Well, let's see what she cooks up. I'm generally more optimistic about her Sentai work versus her Kamen Rider work, and I even enjoyed Go-Busters.

Apparently Takumi's original actor is returning for the new SHT too. :)

Sweet, that's an awesome way to celebrate the 10-year anniversary of Faiz, hopefully he'll be pretty central to the plot along with Gaim.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
She has great ideas, but her writing is hit or miss. She does amazing shows like Timeranger and Shinkenger and Den-O, but I find she could have executed various things better. One thing is for sure, with the exception of Gingaman and the core 3 Go-Busters, she does great characters that I love.

You don't love J, Jin and Enter?

i still think gobusters is one of the most interesting sentai of the past decade.

not the best thing ever but a lot of pieces are quite to my liking.

Question... to buy Legendary Megazord or not.

hmmmm

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
So, the "Toei Hero Next" movie Piece, starring Eiji and Ankh, has been subbed. :)

Don't know what to expect beyond more Eiji and Ankh.

isny

napkin dispenser
Question... to buy Legendary Megazord or not.

hmmmm

I'd wait for a sale. What I would pick up is a Dragon Dagger if it comes back in stock. Both TRU in Canada and the U.S. had them up and sold out incredibly quickly. They've both pulled it from their respective websites.

The whole prospect of it is something that we probably won't see for a long time.

Really curious what power rangers gonna be like. I'm one of the few that really dug lightspeed rescue (still probably my favorite megazord transformation sequence), and I quite enjoyed SPD.

I'd wait for a sale. What I would pick up is a Dragon Dagger if it comes back in stock. Both TRU in Canada and the U.S. had them up and sold out incredibly quickly. They've both pulled it from their respective websites.

fuuuck why is legendary megazord $40.... pretty sure last years was 20. At that price point it might make more sense to just get gokaioh.

Also, remind me, needa get legacy dragonzord this year too. hope they do titanius too.

oh god what did they do...

81TqrtoeJ3L._SL1500_.jpg

81DBzbxiJEL._SL1500_.jpg

81d54p2fG8L._SL1500_.jpg

i remember people saying the megazord builder stuff was a good idea... yeek.

What's a megazord builder?

something they been doing with megazords post 2010's mighty morphin megazord in which there are universal ports for arms and legs so they are interchangeable with future megazords and what not.

the issue is that they can't do the whole open slots things found in gokaiger arms and legs and all the gokaioh upgrades just look nothing like show mechas now lol

vareon

Kento Handa confirmed, via the magic of twitter, that he will reprise the role of Takumi.

Kusaka and Takumi. Needs Yuji Kiba so that they can misunderstand each other while the other rider battles.

something they been doing with megazords post 2010's mighty morphin megazord in which there are universal ports for arms and legs so they are interchangeable with future megazords and what not.

the issue is that they can't do the whole open slots things found in gokaiger arms and legs and all the gokaioh upgrades just look nothing like show mechas now lol

Hmm, that's actually nice in concept. Would've seen some crazy builds.

Kento Handa confirmed, via the magic of twitter, that he will reprise the role of Takumi.

Kusaka and Takumi. Needs Yuji Kiba so that they can misunderstand each other while the other rider battles.

it is neat in theory.

Just look at legendary megazord.

those black pegs are those ports, so you can create your own clusterfuckultrazord ;)

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Caught up on Kyoryuger

This show is so much fun. It's full of energy and hilarity and it's just a joy to watch.

Do Bandai USA just make their own molds?

yep. watch shouken shinobi reviews. he does comparison with sentai stuff which are often about 30-40% bigger and more detailed and better paint jobs.

But then megazords are about $20 while sentai mecha are fucking too expensive for any kid and i feel sorry for all yall parents in japan that sometimes pop in here :(

Rajack

Didn't Kusaka die like the fool he was in the show? I could have sworn he did...

vareon

Didn't Kusaka die like the fool he was in the show? I could have sworn he did...

Yes, but this is a series where continuity (or sense) takes a low priority to pleasing fans.

Edit: Woah. JEFusion's twitter announced that JEfusion's GekiDan passed away. Say what you want about his site but he still helped spreading information to a lot of people. RIP.

NeonZ

Kusaka returning can easily be related to the plot, considering how his actor is there and appeared in a movie scene in the very first scans (which came out rather early this time - considering how Faiz's actor seems to be shooting for the movie only now - after we've already seen pictures of the movie itself).

This doesn't look like it's going to be just a cameo. I don't see why people seem to be automatically assuming that it'll ignore Kusaka's death.

Rajack

Yes, but this is a series where continuity (or sense) takes a low priority to pleasing fans.

Edit: Woah. JEFusion's twitter announced that JEfusion's GekiDan passed away. Say what you want about his site but he still helped spreading information to a lot of people. RIP.

What the hell. RIP indeed... :(

Rajack

At least he got to see the horror that is Tokkyuger. Too bad he missed the end of Kyoryuger :(
Tokkyuger isnt THAT bad from a design standpoint. The suits strike me as more oldschool showa sentai and while some things are questionable about the designs, I think it will grow on us like all of the other suits have.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
If you think about it though, it very well could be possible Kusaka revived as an Orphenoch off-screen.

Top Bottom