• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vamola! TokuGAF 2013 | 20 Years of Teenagers with Attitude

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Some kids gotta get educated.

Toeifile-green.jpg

Man where the hell is X1 Mask in that picture? The original sixth ranger always gettin' screwed over.

GManDH

i cant read japanese. i just remember the day when black was normal and then green was the 6th. they should keep the 6th a certain color not change it every season. in my opinion

vareon

i cant read japanese. i just remember the day when black was normal and then green was the 6th. they should keep the 6th a certain color not change it every season. in my opinion

Black and Green changed very often between seasons, iirc Zyuranger was the first sentai that featured both green and black? "6th" was almost always introduced in mid-season, and his color reveal was exciting--making him a fixed color would remove that excitement for no reason.

NeonZ

The two first sixth Rangers were green in seasons where black was a normal color (the second one was from Zyuranger, adapted as the first season of Power Rangers), but green had been used in Sentai as a normal color since Goranger, the very first season, before they had sixth Rangers.

They have gotten more consistent with colors though. In the last 6 years, the sixth Rangers were always gold or silver. The current season has 5 extra Rangers (10 Rangers in total), so there are more colors, but the two main extras also are gold and silver, while the others have colors that usually aren't used by any teams (cyan, violet, gray)

GManDH

Black and Green changed very often between seasons, iirc Zyuranger was the first sentai that featured both green and black? "6th" was almost always introduced in mid-season, and his color reveal was exciting--making him a fixed color would remove that excitement for no reason.

The two first sixth Rangers were green in seasons where black was a normal color (the second one was from Zyuranger, adapted as the first season of Power Rangers), but green had been used in Sentai as a normal color since Goranger, the very first season, before they had sixth Rangers.

They have gotten more consistent with colors though. In the last 6 years, the sixth Rangers were always gold or silver. The current season has 5 extra Rangers (10 Rangers in total), so there are more colors, but the two main extras also are gold and silver, while the others have colors that usually aren't used by any teams (cyan, violet, gray)

I stopped watching Sentai, but i love trains, so have to try this one. I like that last season used odd colors. i heard there might be an orange this season, dont know if that was a misread or not. i guess im just use to the blue,black,red,yellow, pink, team and i like that. throwing green in there is like having a burger with a condiment that you arent use to. its like WAIT WHAT???

Long time no post! Haven't watched this week's Gaim just yet, but I at least wanted to report in that my friend and I finished Den-O and a few of the related movies. All we have left at this point is Onigashima Warship and Episodes Red, Blue, and Yellow. Might make a longer post once we watch the last four movies, but I must say that Den-O was quite the ride. The plot got a bit confusing for me for the last handful of episodes, but I blame that on the long break we took between watching episodes. Think I might have just needed a refresher at that point. The TV show wrapped up in a satisfying manner. My favorite Den-O movie thus far is definitely Final Countdown so I'm at least looking forward to how the overall series wraps up.

Seeing as Den-O and W are the only two Kamen Riders I have watched all the way through so far, I can't really start ranking favorites at this point. Currently planning to watch OOO sometime after Christmas since Eiji's appearance in W interested me in the medal system. I do really need to start Kyoryuger at some point. I have no idea why I keep putting it off.

WillyFive

The Warship movie and Episode Yellow are my personal favorites of the Den-O movies, especially the Warship one. I could watch that one over and over again.

I really liked Den-O, I loved it's premise, the characters, and the fun it had with itself.

The Warship movie and Episode Yellow are my personal favorites of the Den-O movies, especially the Warship one. I could watch that one over and over again.

I really liked Den-O, I loved it's premise, the characters, and the fun it had with itself.

Good to hear! I admit I was a bit hesitant about whether I'd enjoy Warship since I wasn't the biggest fan of Decade when I saw him in the crossover movie with W. Probably didn't help that the particular movie was what was supposed to wrap up Decade's storyline, which I had zero knowledge of at the time. Maybe Decade will grow on me.

WillyFive

Good to hear! I admit I was a bit hesitant about whether I'd enjoy Warship since I wasn't the biggest fan of Decade when I saw him in the crossover movie with W. Probably didn't help that the particular movie was what was supposed to wrap up Decade's storyline, which I had zero knowledge of at the time. Maybe Decade will grow on me.

It was advertised as a Decade/Den-O movie, but Decade was really only there for like 10 minutes, and was mostly just comic fodder for the Imagins to posses him and use his body to fight bad guys. Episode Yellow was a lot heavier on the Decade stuff, since the second Rider from the show is the main character there. But you don't need to watch Decade to enjoy it, since it's framed as it's own contained story.

That said, Episode Red was one movie I really did not like.

so ive been off toku for pretty much since around gaim started (watched like 3 eps). hows that been doing? I just still can't get over how awful the cg is for the henshins....

It was advertised as a Decade/Den-O movie, but Decade was really only there for like 10 minutes, and was mostly just comic fodder for the Imagins to posses him and use his body to fight bad guys. Episode Yellow was a lot heavier on the Decade stuff, since the second Rider from the show is the main character there. But you don't need to watch Decade to enjoy it, since it's framed as it's own contained story.

That said, Episode Red was one movie I really did not like.

Sounds good to me! I figure one day I'll eventually tackle Decade, but I'd rather do it after I'm more acquainted with the Riders that came before him. His series seems so tied to other Kamen Rider seasons that I feel like I'd be doing a disservice to the earlier shows by watching it with little knowledge of the prior Riders.

so ive been off toku for pretty much since around gaim started (watched like 3 eps). hows that been doing? I just still can't get over how awful the cg is for the henshins....

Personally I've been enjoying Gaim so far. Story is interesting and the plot seems to be fleshing itself out at a good pace. Haven't been bored with an episode thus far. I haven't had any problems regarding the CG, but I guess I'm pretty lenient when it comes to that sort of thing in tokusatsu.

Its really good. Its amazing what Urobutchi has been able to pull off despite the premise sounding so ridiculous. If the quality stays consistent throughout its run, Gaim may end up being among my top Heisei rider series.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Gridman/Superhuman Samurai Syber Squad would be the most obvious one (for those of us from the US, at least), since it aired in the US.

Man, SSSS was so hype.

LostAnkh

I might actually get the Genesis Driver now.

It kinda sounds like Ryouma himself is voicing the Driver.

Also, it's REALLY loud.

Top Bottom