• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vamola! TokuGAF 2013 | 20 Years of Teenagers with Attitude

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
The Toei site posted a summary for Gaim 13, translated summary via /m/:

A weird disease starts to spread within Zawame City, the people who were attacked by the Invess are infected and modern medical technology cannot cure this. The blame is now on the Beat Riders who utilise the Invess during Invess Games. Even so, Kouta still transforms to protect the people when he needs to. At the start time, Yggadrasil contacts Pierre. On the other hand, Hase, whose belt is destroyed, has his friends abandoning him, starts to feel frustrated as he tries to suppress his desire of getting stronger

Also the pictures indicate this is when we see Banana Gaim

props to them finally getting a rider that is a badass that does shield and sword.

silly xtreme :(

Zangetsu in the latest episode reminded me of one of those video-game monsters that just appear from nowhere when you stay in one area for too long.

Loved how he just randomly popped up and then sliced people up.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Pierre becomes an Yggdrasill henchman?

Edit: Woah. JEFusion's twitter announced that JEfusion's GekiDan passed away. Say what you want about his site but he still helped spreading information to a lot of people. RIP.

Whoa, what happened? RIP

Tokkyuger isnt THAT bad from a design standpoint. The suits strike me as more oldschool showa sentai and while some things are questionable about the designs, I think it will grow on us like all of the other suits have.

I disagree in that it looks like showa suits.

Showa suits actually has aesthetically pleasing designs (yes, even Battle Fever J). Tokkyuger just looks... all over the place, like something you'd see from a "make your own Sentai design!"

Hell, some of them even beat Tokkyuger. Flashman suits are way better, for instance.

WillyFive

They're bad because they were supposed to look like this:

I1Qa3jJ.png

Great concept art but whoever did the final suits did an awful job.

jwk94

Am I the only one who's terrified by Miss America's appearance? Seriously, if I was a Japanese kid, I wouldn't let her get close to me.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
The mecha suit looks much better than the toy, primarily because the legs aren't attached like that.

if this looks like this.... can't wait to see the cheap power ranger megazord one lol

you know, wizard would be 40% better if haruto's catch phrase wasn't 'i'm the last hope'

WillyFive

There was something pretty wrong with Haruto.

*blind stare* "KIBOU!"

Made Gentaro seem like a completely normal and healthy human being.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
No Smurfette Principle this time? That's good. It was kind of weird that Kyoryuger went back to that.

Sup guys
The first Kamen Rider series I decided to watch and complete was 555. It was solid enough but the storyline was going in circles. Watching Kabuto now. Tendou is a funny douche.

Sup guys
The first Kamen Rider series I decided to watch and complete was 555. It was solid enough but the storyline was going in circles. Watching Kabuto now. Tendou is a funny douche.

Oh no. If Faiz' storyline is a problem, I'll warn you that Kabuto falls apart completely. Some of the best suits wrapped around a meandering story.

wish more sentai/rider would use camera speed tricks. especially ones with out of suit fights. Instead of 'hey i get my ass kicked out of suit, because i dont know why i dont dodge that slow swing, but now im suited up and fight way more clunky but now all baddies stopped attacking!'

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
So, according to the Japanese boards, the plot of SHT3 involves the Showa Riders killing the secondary Riders and such (probably why we see Kaixa dying in front of Faiz) which causes the Hesei Riders to fight back, I'm guessing it's a set-up or something though.

Also Eiji's actor's twitter mentions filming for a new project, so maybe we'll see him back?

Oh no. If Faiz' storyline is a problem, I'll warn you that Kabuto falls apart completely. Some of the best suits wrapped around a meandering story.

Yeah, but unlike Faiz, Kabuto has enough wacky humor and (mostly) fun characters to make up for it, honestly it was the comedy element that kept me watching. That Ending though...really made me mad, and I LIKED Kiva's joke ending.

I also recall the battles staying more or less decent through the end, even if the budget decreased a bit.

kabuto still has the best final form getting eps. It just comes out of no where because he's a badass.

I still have no clue what happened in decade's >.>"

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
Dunno if it was posted before but some chinese toku show with totally original designs are up on youtube with english dubbing

Bi1qQNh.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pRRy-QPdZ4Q

First 10 or so episodes are up

I'm posting this so hopefully one of you tells me whether it's good or not

fuck that looks like it would be ryukendo related. id watch, but i need to finish both ryukendo and rescue fire before touching something new

shaowebb

Dunno if it was posted before but some chinese toku show with totally original designs are up on youtube with english dubbing

Bi1qQNh.jpg

THIS IS THE BEST THING I'VE SEEN IN THE HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE FUCK WHAT YOU'RE DOING AND WATCH THIS IMMEDIATELY

Oh God that fan dubbing...even Gen X cops didn't sound this bad and it was BAD.

vareon

Bi1qQNh.jpg

I don't know whether it's because I watched too much Kamen Rider or not, but there's something in these designs that doesn't click with me. This happens with other series too (including Ryukendo, Gransazer, and some Korean/Chinese shows. It's the same feeling when I see fanarts of someone's own Kamen Rider design. It looks like a design that is trying to be cool but forgetting simplicity.

This is where I appreciate KR introducing simple designs first and leaving the complexity in other Riders/forms.

Let me see this one, though.

Top Bottom