• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vamola! TokuGAF 2013 | 20 Years of Teenagers with Attitude

NeonZ

What was the reason that the show was cut short?

It was decided that the show would take only 30 episodes even before they knew what show they were going to do. The initial project was a Den-O sequel, but it eventually became Decade. Either way, they likely went with Decade in that 30 episode slot because they didn't know how well people would react to old suits back on screen.

Although nowadays it's obvious that crossovers do better than standalone stuff (at least for Rider), they likely weren't sure about that during Decade.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
I seriously doubt Akiba would make a good "Sentai" intro.

Gokaiger is nice but a lot of references would be missed out if you don't watch the Sentai featured. Like the Carranger humor... oh god why don't they return Carranger's humor?

I seriously doubt Akiba would make a good "Sentai" intro.

Not that I disagree, but I think Akibaranger is still largely accessible to fans of geeky stuff generally. While it deals largely in Sentai tropes, the heart of the characters themselves is something that's relatable to genre fans or fiction obsessives generally. They'll obviously miss out on the specific in-jokes, but there's a lot in the cast and their struggles that I think can capture interest anyway.

It's not a traditional intro series the way, say, Dekaranger, Shinkenger or Gokaiger might be, but I can see how it could still be a stepping stone.

Boss Doggie

Apparently the scripts are fake.

Not that I disagree, but I think Akibaranger is still largely accessible to fans of geeky stuff generally. While it deals largely in Sentai tropes, the heart of the characters themselves is something that's relatable to genre fans or fiction obsessives generally. They'll obviously miss out on the specific in-jokes, but there's a lot in the cast and their struggles that I think can capture interest anyway.

It's not a traditional intro series the way, say, Dekaranger, Shinkenger or Gokaiger might be, but I can see how it could still be a stepping stone.

I thought it was more focused on the otaku aspects the show can attract into.

Rajack

Well now we know that Ramirez's horrible foreign Japanese accent is fake.

http://alpha.heroshock.com/?p=35846

HS : Were you inspired by anybody to portray him ?

RB : Before shooting for these episodes, there was very little information available. I was told that Ramirez was supposed to be a « cheery » character, and his lines were written in such a way that would indicate that he spoke Japanese with a foreign accent. So, I tried to be happy and spoke with an accent, everything else just seemed to fall in place.
So, to answer this question, no, there really wasn’t anything that I could compare Ramirez to, every aspect of this character comes from some place within me – except the accent.
As I mentioned earlier, I was born and raised in Japan. I speak Japanese like a Japanese person. I have never spoken Japanese with a foreign accent, so this was a little challenging. However, after a few attempts, I realized that Japanese children would have trouble understanding a true foreign accent. If I speak Japanese with a fake foreign accent, similar to what is often done by Japanese actors in Japanese animations and games, this should be easier to comprehend. Therefore, I am a North American, playing the part of a European, speaking in Japanese, with a Japanese style foreign accent.

I like the dude from Cutey Honey the Live and he was later in Garo as the butler.

Mark Musashi! He's also the motion capture model for Col. Volgin in Snake Eater. Great guy. Don't forget about Reuben Langdon either, as Mac Windy/B-Fighter Yanma <yes I know, not the BEST show but hey>.

Rajack

Mark Musashi! He's also the motion capture model for Col. Volgin in Snake Eater. Great guy. Don't forget about Reuben Langdon either, as Mac Windy/B-Fighter Yanma <yes I know, not the BEST show but hey>.

Mark was easily one of the best parts of Cutey Honey The Live. Then there's the lovely Ayame Misaki and the memorable Kouhei Murakami. That whole show was just plain amazing.

I've been going through raws of Changeman for the nth time. I love watching that show so much along with Liveman and Dairanger, I think I do a watch-through at least once a year.

shaowebb

Who here has pre-ordered or will be getting Battride War? I don't own a PS3 and I can't afford to jump in on this at launch like I wanted. When I eventually get the PS3 I will, but right now I have to buy a license for my game engine and take care of other stuff so I can't just chuck that much into gaming.

I just really want to hear board member impressions on this once its out. ReXXXsoprano are you dippin' in on this one?

WillyFive

Robocop Goseiknight appears today.

What would Akiabranger's great power be? I imagine something that would allow Gokaigers to rewrite the script.

I also think it should be something meta like that. I wonder if we will get the Go-Onger, Shinkenger, and Goseiger delusion powers in S2; it would be a shame to only have them on the stage show. Also, S2 having Zyuranger and Dairanger cameos might mean having delusion powers for those as well.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
zoT1IPW.png

Marvel characters INC.

Boss Doggie

It's Taihen btw, the net movies. So most likely Spider-Man.

With that said Taihen is the only good thing to come from shit like Taisen.

WillyFive

Megaforce 8

"Advance no further, return to surface"

Wow, despite being the chatterbox, Roboknight already seems like a much cooler guy than Goseiknight was in his first episode.

WillyFive

They dropping some shit ain't they? Like the mystic brothers and Data's?

Yep. Datas was cut, there's no kid, no Ostrich Zord, the Warstar didn't die when the new villain group came in, no Gosei Green, heck, they barely even go into their own Command Center.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
Megaforce 8

"Advance no further, return to surface"

Wow, despite being the chatterbox, Roboknight already seems like a much cooler guy than Goseiknight was in his first episode.

And he has more personality than Megaforce red. I swear dude reminds of a single panel JoJo character. Always pouting, but doing nothing.

The station that plays Power Rangers here has been running like the last seven episode of Super Samurai back to back this morning for some reason so I've had it on the background.

Nice to see some unmorphed fighting in the finale and even Ji getting in on the action a little.

wizard.

meh beast final form is meh. he better have some cool powers that they haven't shown yet :/

That little 'mouth open' gag was timed well though! Seems like things are moving along quickly.

Bets on wizard final form next arc?

Wiseblade

DokiDoki Precure 7

What the hell? This is a thing that exists in the real world? And people watch it?

I think I need to lie down.

DokiDoki Precure 7

What the hell? This is a thing that exists in the real world? And people watch it?

I think I need to lie down.

Yep.

Is this new news? I'm not sure. Kamen Rider W Blu-ray box sets, to be released in July, September, and November. Roughly US$165 each.

http://www.amazon.co.jp/exec/obidos/ASIN/B00C3CFL20/
http://www.amazon.co.jp/exec/obidos/ASIN/B00C3CFMQ0/
http://www.amazon.co.jp/exec/obidos/ASIN/B00C3CFMPQ/
damn. KR is a kids show right? Who can afford that?

Top Bottom