• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vamola! TokuGAF 2013 | 20 Years of Teenagers with Attitude

shaowebb

I've been busy lately with stuff and hadn't watched Wizard in awhile now. just watched 28 and 29. Beast's hyper form is kind of meh, but I do dig his ring toy for it having moving parts. His rings were kind of "meh" before so maybe he'll move some merch with that and his Mirage Magnum gun.

Still feels like Wizard has never gone anywhere or done anything though. His only good moment was Phoenix so I think I'm gonna go back to watching Blade because I just aint feeling him. Sad the first new Rider series I was around for the creation of and whose action and costume designs I am all over just bores me.

tumblr_mh6bt22qhw1qmx94go4_1280.jpg

What...?

But Decade is a horrible Dancer!

I've been busy lately with stuff and hadn't watched Wizard in awhile now. just watched 28 and 29. Beast's hyper form is kind of meh, but I do dig his ring toy for it having moving parts. His rings were kind of "meh" before so maybe he'll move some merch with that and his Mirage Magnum gun.

Still feels like Wizard has never gone anywhere or done anything though. His only good moment was Phoenix so I think I'm gonna go back to watching Blade because I just aint feeling him. Sad the first new Rider series I was around for the creation of and whose action and costume designs I am all over just bores me.

What...?

But Decade is a horrible Dancer!

hopefully Wizard gets some character in his 'final form arc' in the upcoming month or so.

I just feel like haruto would have made a better Makai Knight than a rider.

jwk94

Just rewatched Brave 7. I'm convinced Dogold is Kyoryu Gold. Torin said "our only saving grace is that he needs a Kyoryuger to use his full power" and then it immediately cuts to Dogold getting the Battery. Dogold initially rejects it but when he presses the button and activates the battery he gets that "lost memory" look with the silence and heavy breathing.

Just rewatched Brave 7. I'm convinced Dogold is Kyoryu Gold. Torin said "our only saving grace is that he needs a Kyoryuger to use his full power" and then it immediately cuts to Dogold getting the Battery. Dogold initially rejects it but when he presses the button and activates the battery he gets that "lost memory" look with the silence and heavy breathing.

Interesting theory but I say nah. I think we'll see lost/emotional young person to be the 6th. This person will either stumble upon it, get kidnapped/whooed over to the baddie side, or hey he might just a douche and join for fun.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Tuned in late cause someone said it started at 4pm EST even though it's 4 right now... starts off similar to the stage show.

they use figuarts for the itasher part

Q3EoIVg.jpg

they should have replaced gobusters

WillyFive

Saw the first episode of S2, loved the modern Super Sentai World segment, and the twist at the end I did not expect at all. Lots of great fanservice as always.

Out of curiosity, has there ever been a completely US production in this genre?

I would think that in its heyday, MMPR had enough popularity that someone would have tried to make a similar show.

Well Mystic Knights might have things like a budget and effort put into it. But TTAFFBH has a certain shitty look to it that I enjoy a lot.

It's like the american parts of this, except that's the whole show.

As a kid, I only liked three things about TTAFFBH - the theme song, the fact that the Knight construct didn't have the same skin-tight costumes as the teens, and the fact that one of the bad guys had the sense to send two full-powered monsters out at the same time in order to beat the good guys.

And Doggie's right, TTAFFBH was made by DIC Entertainment. It shows, too - the show had the same type of dreary sets and props as Superhuman Samurai Syber-Squad. Panda didn't really say otherwise, but I figured that was worth mentioning.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
With that said SSSS has the advantage of using Gridman's stock footage so it looks less shitty.

Ooooh that's cool.

Also Koyomi, do something ffs. You're in a TV show!

I brought up to a friend recently that it's funny how she's only run out of mana like, twice in the entire show which goes to show how little she does in the show.

Was there supposed to be more story with her originally or something and maybe she had a scheduling conflict or something? Or maybe tiredness or something like Hana from Den-O?

Top Bottom