• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vamola! TokuGAF 2013 | 20 Years of Teenagers with Attitude

So Lovefilm (a competitor to Netflix in the UK) Just added every Power Ranger season (Except Megaforce, natch) to their instant streaming Library. So I decided to watch...

Samurai Sentai Shinkenger. The only PR seasons I haven't seen at this point are SPD, Operation Overdrive, Mystic Force and Jungle Fury. I've already watched all of Gekiranger so JF's out, and the two episodes I watched of OO told me to stay well clear of that. The one episode of MF I watched had one of the rangers turning into a vampire, which violates one of my rules. I still can't decide between SPD and Dekaranger, so I decided to go for something COMPLETELY different.

The court would like further explanation please.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
So Lovefilm (a competitor to Netflix in the UK) Just added every Power Ranger season (Except Megaforce, natch) to their instant streaming Library. So I decided to watch...

Samurai Sentai Shinkenger. The only PR seasons I haven't seen at this point are SPD, Operation Overdrive, Mystic Force and Jungle Fury. I've already watched all of Gekiranger so JF's out, and the two episodes I watched of OO told me to stay well clear of that. The one episode of MF I watched had one of the rangers turning into a vampire, which violates one of my rules. I still can't decide between SPD and Dekaranger, so I decided to go for something COMPLETELY different.

You have rules?? What are they?

WillyFive

Mystic Force was vile. It was impressive how they managed to botch such a good Sentai. Worse butchering than Saban did with Samurai, IMO.

Also, Wizard's stories are pretty good, only problem (a big problem) is that the main characters are very boring.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
Mystic Force was vile. It was impressive how they managed to botch such a good Sentai. Worse butchering than Saban did with Samurai, IMO.

Also, Wizard's stories are pretty good, only problem (a big problem) is that the main characters are very boring.

mystic force wasnt that bad. samurai is the new worst

Slayven

CHip>>>>Ziggy

I like how Garo how the leads look like a member of a punk rock band. Err, was that Gokai Silver I saw?

You weren't kidding, they look like kids that about to start a garage band.

common trope with all toku... people always seem to have a hard time dealing with guys with shields or shield properties. Attacking headon doesn't work? My god.

fmpanda

common trope with all toku... people always seem to have a hard time dealing with guys with shields or shield properties. Attacking headon doesn't work? My god.

Gotta come up with some justification for that sweet bro-cannon action.

In other news, the Yellow Ranger just posted this up:

e23779e896a411e28e6622000a9f0a1a_7.jpg

Gotta come up with some justification for that sweet bro-cannon action.

takes 5 heroes to take out 1 monster/minority/alien etc. Teaching the kids how to survive in society young.

So what are the general predictions of megaforce s2 with gokaiger stuff. I'm feeling gokaiger will be another form for them, 'double henshin' ala the thunder zords in mmpr2 (start out in goseiger then powerup to gokaiger).

No clue how they will roll the gokaigalleon into the story. their 'power chambers' gets nuked and their new mobile base is the ship?

The zangyak invade earth and season 2 is a grim oppressed world, and the rangers are guerilla freedom fighters?

could happen.

isny

napkin dispenser
takes 5 heroes to take out 1 monster/minority/alien etc. Teaching the kids how to survive in society young.

So what are the general predictions of megaforce s2 with gokaiger stuff. I'm feeling gokaiger will be another form for them, 'double henshin' ala the thunder zords in mmpr2 (start out in goseiger then powerup to gokaiger).

No clue how they will roll the gokaigalleon into the story. their 'power chambers' gets nuked and their new mobile base is the ship?

The zangyak invade earth and season 2 is a grim oppressed world, and the rangers are guerilla freedom fighters?

could happen.

Is it bad that I'm actually looking forward to this? Gokaiger was so great :x

So MegaForce wasn't worth watching? Gokaiger is my shit, so I'm kinda wanting to watch the next US season...but I dunno if it's worth watching MF just to be prepared for it.

Sweetest fucking Sentai suits ever, I swear.

I don't get why everyone's so excited for their favorite Sentai to be adapted. When shows I like get shit all over when it becomes Power Rangers it just makes me upset.

Wiseblade

I don't get why everyone's so excited for their favorite Sentai to be adapted. When shows I like get shit all over when it becomes Power Rangers it just makes me upset.

Because doing to Power Rangers what Gokaiger did to Sentai has the potential to be great. Having more focus on the characters and powers I remember from my childhood is something I want to see.

fmpanda

I shall light a green candle tonight and pray along with you both. :p

Hey, there's nothing wrong with hoping things will turn out, well, decent. I do think it's best for PR fans to keep their expectations tempered, the crew who did some of the best PR seasons is not there nor going to be allowed there due to Tchazor. Until he goes, things are going to stay in MMPR nostalgia kiddie land, the most anyone can hope for is that they can at least tighten up the ship. As silly as Megaforce is, it's at least waves better than Samurai, and Go-Busters is pretty much a tribute to MMPR as a whole, so that should be even easier to work out.

Jowy

Neo Member
Oh my god, I can't believe I just found this thread!

I'm a huge anime fan and I loved watching Mighty Morphing Power Rangers as a kid :3

So what should I watch Gaf? Where do I start? The new 2013 series recommended on the OP or should I go for the classics?

ReiGun

I'm a huge anime fan and I loved watching Mighty Morphing Power Rangers as a kid :3

So what should I watch Gaf? Where do I start? The new 2013 series recommended on the OP or should I go for the classics?

Someone is eventually going to tell you to watch Kamen Rider Kabuto. Might as well be me.

Watch Kabuto.

WillyFive

Join us in watching Kyoryuger every week, and watch Shinkenger in the meantime!

Fresh meat.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Join us in watching Kyoryuger every week, and watch Shinkenger in the meantime!

That's exactly what I was planning to do back in January when I decided it was time I started watching a Sentai along with people on a forum.

I just didn't go through with the Shinkenger part between episodes, but I'm really liking Koryuger and I'm actually enjoying reading everybody's notions of the episode and posting my own in the middle of this Power Ranger/Kamen Rider nonsense discussions that goes in parallel in the thread. :p

Then again, maybe I should watch Kabuto... hmm...

Top Bottom