• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vamola! TokuGAF 2013 | 20 Years of Teenagers with Attitude

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
I've been saying it before though, Wizard's choreography is lacking, even in the first episode. I mean sure, he is stylish, but he fights in a lame way. Compared to Fourze, who while might be a punk, really has some good action going.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Damn, Gekiranger is great, especially the music. Loved the dancing scene with Bat Li.

Faiz is pretty good as well but, damn, why doesn't anyone just use first names? Would've cleared up a ton of plot points.

WillyFive

Gentarou doesn't fight; he just makes friend requests.

tumblr_mlxu83RNkY1qj164eo1_250.gif

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
That's how I watched Fourze.

Watch cool looking Henshin

see whatever joke they do for the Space Time thing

tune out until the fight is over

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
ijbAgZ2APyQ3W.gif

Wanted to talk about these types of attacks. When King did like 4 of these in a row during ep 2 I was worried they'd be a Final Wave type finisher that'd be in every episode and get old after you've seen them all. Luckily they haven't been that bad.

More gifs coming

It makes me wish gentarou was decade instead.

That would have been a great concept. The Rider who wants to make friends with all the other Riders.

I've been saying it before though, Wizard's choreography is lacking, even in the first episode. I mean sure, he is stylish, but he fights in a lame way. Compared to Fourze, who while might be a punk, really has some good action going.

Yeah, but the flashy worked for Wizard. It made it really really cool. I feel like it's when Beast showed up that Wizard's fighting went downhill. My personal theory is that because it's so flashy, and Seiji Takaiwa is so damn good at it, that they had to tone Wizard himself down so Beast doesn't look TOTALLY pathetic next to him, because nobody's Seiji Takaiwa. :p

In Beast's first episode or two, it's really obvious, their difference in physical ability.

WillyFive

Beast is a total wimp. Heck, even in his power-up debut episode, he was smacked and thrown around like a sack. We need more Meteor.

ibjgdXIeuvMhfj.gif

fmpanda

Beast is a total wimp. Heck, even in his power-up debut episode, he was smacked and thrown around like a sack. We need more Meteor.

Yeah, it would be nice, but I have a feeling that Meteor will probably be an exception to the rule, well, until Sakamoto and Co. get their hands on Kamen Rider again.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
I just read about old rangers coming back for Super Megaforce. Neat. Is there a list of confirmed characters so far?

It's a shame what happened to the Titanium Ranger.

JDF is more than likely doing it.

1) He loves the attention
2) He's practically had his fans beg Saban to do it with that stupid him wearing Gokai Silver's helmet picture
3) He LOVES the attention

Shit that's why I liked the roll call from this episode, it reminded me of Geki's

Tenumi

Banned
I'm about ten episodes and one movie away from finishing Go-Busters, and I've been thinking about what I should watch next. So far, I've narrowed it down to 3/4 options.

Re-watch Gokaiger
Watch Dairanger
Watch Jetman
Watch Dekaranger (Although TV-Nihon is the only subs out there for this)

Any input on which would be a better watch. For what its worth, Despite there different styles, I enjoyed Gokaiger, Go-Busters, and Kyoryuger, so I don't think serious or comedic styles should be an issue for me.

jwk94

I'm about ten episodes and one movie away from finishing Go-Busters, and I've been thinking about what I should watch next. So far, I've narrowed it down to 3/4 options.

Re-watch Gokaiger
Watch Dairanger
Watch Jetman
Watch Dekaranger (Although TV-Nihon is the only subs out there for this)

Any input on which would be a better watch. For what its worth, Despite there different styles, I enjoyed Gokaiger, Go-Busters, and Kyoryuger, so I don't think serious or comedic styles should be an issue for me.

Either one of these is the best choice. I haven't watched Jetman yet though...

shaowebb

Since I'm all caught up with Wizard I'm catching back up on Blade now before I turn in each night. Boy this series doesn't mess around. Drama all day. Half the dialogue is folks screaming things.

Not bad though. I'm only 4 eps in and each episode cliffhangers nicely. The characters are starting to flesh out well as individuals too which is something Wizard has yet to do in 33 episodes.

Glad my initial impression of Chalice from Decade seems to hold up...that dude is badass. I love a good bow character.

ibjgdXIeuvMhfj.gif

Hey I like Beast. His personality is at least entertaining enough to carry the show that Wizard drags down with his complete lack of personality. Though Beast cant fight at all...it even seems like the fight scenes are being toned down severely from their former cool choreography just to showcase powers over prowess. Beast may have changed the flow in more ways than one if that has anything to do with not wanting to make him look dull.

Saved the best for last

iUOB7LApEmzHA.gif

She's a minor guys. Didn't I go through this with Gobuster yellow right? Wait she's 19 now? Hmmm*creepy gaf*

Hey I like Beast. His personality is at least entertaining enough to carry the show that Wizard drags down with his complete lack of personality. Though Beast cant fight at all...it even seems like the fight scenes are being toned down severely from their former cool choreography just to showcase powers over prowess. Beast may have changed the flow in more ways than one if that has anything to do with not wanting to make him look dull.

This is another bullet point as to why I find Wizard boring.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Just thought I'd point out that AmiAmi has the Premium Edition of Battride War back in stock for preorder. They're by far the cheapest place to get it (roughly $88), so if you were looking at getting it, might want to jump on it before they sell out again.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Kyoryuger 12.

Damn, just as Gold is starting to grow on me, he turns into a friendly mumbling idiot! All this friendship thing aimed at like 7 year olds is killing me. :D

Gold attacks are nice, but that sword of his is so stupid looking - so are his wings. He has nicer moves and attacks than the other Kyoryugers though. I guess having a somewhat decent sword (Sorry, Green) makes you a badass.

Next episode is going to be Green focused, let's see how the kid does. I hope we see some decent character evolution on his part. What happened to the Green-Pink love affair? I was certain that they would do something along these lines, even if it's just more hinting at it, just so Amy can be head over hills for Gold...

jwk94

Agreed sir

2 responses,

1. embrace your creepy gaf card

2. Stay way

Whoa...I didn't say i found her attractive. In fact, I'd say she's "ugly" compared to some of our more recent female rangers. This is something I believe I mentioned after Brave 2 aired and I'm actually enjoying it a lot more. Sure, she does have her "cute" moments but I don't find her to be one of those rangers that obviously doubles as a gravure model.

To be perfectly honest, you're right, I did miss Dekaranger, and it actually was supposed to be in that spot. :p
=P

What happened to the Green-Pink love affair? I was certain that they would do something along these lines, even if it's just more hinting at it, just so Amy can be head over hills for Gold...

It's probably still there. They don't have to address it every episode in our faces like they did in Samurai with Mike and Emily.

Whoa...I didn't say i found her attractive. In fact, I'd say she's "ugly" compared to some of our more recent female rangers. This is something I believe I mentioned after Brave 2 aired and I'm actually enjoying it a lot more. Sure, she does have her "cute" moments but I don't find her to be one of those rangers that obviously doubles as a gravure model.

Don't they all move on to that afterwards? Or spring board into acting into dramas.

Chucker

Digging Gokaiger so far, up to Ep 12 and realizing how sad it's going to be if the current state of Saban's treatment of Super Megaforce continues as it seems to be going.

Top Bottom