• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vamola! TokuGAF 2013 | 20 Years of Teenagers with Attitude

Tenumi

Banned
Look, if Saban cant be arsed to get Government Handouts from his friends at the white house and the DNC then fuck it. How you think is able to even get his technical teams for the fucking reediting?

I mean that's the dems in a fucking nutshell. I mean look at fucking Young Turks. Gone to that pay wall in youtube.

You really need to take a nap. It'd do you some good.

Akibaranger s2: 05

This felt like some foreign Sentai fan's wet dream. I mean, it was funny, but it was overly obnoxious. Next weeks episode looks fun, though.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Lol I like how they've been using the older show's songs lyrics as dialogue

And Geki said the Kyoryuger thing. Second time they've done that

And there's references to Abaranger throughout so that was nice.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
So the white ranger figuarts is on Amazon but not Ryuranger. I hoped Jetman meant we were getting the super sentai and power ranger versions, but now I'm worried that they'll only bring over ones with Power Rangers counterparts

WillyFive

I think Kyoryuger's finale might rank up there with Deka's and Gokai's.

Honestly, this last episode's morph felt like it belonged in the finale.

ib0xCKUmcJsAF1.gif

Everybody as given their hero moment in the camera, as if it was the last time we were going to see them. Kinda like the final Go-Busters morph (spoilers for those who haven't seen it).

I can only imagine how they top it for the finale. Maybe with explosions? Backflip? All
10 rangers
doing it?

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Shows how outdated I am. I thought they were still on Go-Busters. Oh well, I'm having more fun watching the old stuff anyways. Wish Metalder would get fully translated.

Oh! Someone did do Metalder. I knew this toku hiatus would pay off.

jwk94

Honestly, this last episode's morph felt like it belonged in the finale.

ib0xCKUmcJsAF1.gif

Everybody as given their hero moment in the camera, as if it was the last time we were going to see them. Kinda like the final Go-Busters morph (spoilers for those who haven't seen it).

I can only imagine how they top it for the finale. Maybe with explosions? Backflip? All
10 rangers
doing it?
Yeah, it really did feel like a final morph.

Shows how outdated I am. I thought they were still on Go-Busters. Oh well, I'm having more fun watching the old stuff anyways. Wish Metalder would get fully translated.

Oh! Someone did do Metalder. I knew this toku hiatus would pay off.

You need to check out Kyoryuger, it's so much better than Go-Busters.

Tenumi

Banned
You need to check out Kyoryuger, it's so much better than Go-Busters.

I like Go-Busters, but with that said, I absolutely love Kyoryuger. I look forward to it every week.

Speaking of Go-Busters, 8 more episodes left until I'm finished. Go-Busters vs Gokaiger was alright, worth the watch, but not terribly spectacular. Goodness, did I miss those Gokagier suits, though.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I'm kind of surprised they haven't tried to bring back Metal Heroes yet. It's just a matter of time. I was sure they would after Gavan.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Finally got to the Dairanger episodes referenced in Akiba.

Shit's great, most I've enjoyed Dairanger so far. Except maybe that baseball episode.

jwk94

I like Go-Busters, but with that said, I absolutely love Kyoryuger. I look forward to it every week.

Speaking of Go-Busters, 8 more episodes left until I'm finished. Go-Busters vs Gokaiger was alright, worth the watch, but not terribly spectacular. Goodness, did I miss those Gokagier suits, though.
I would've preferred a Gokaiger The Movie (with Go-busters here and there) instead of what we got =/ That whole
Ace and the other buddyroids are dead!
sub-plot was annoying.

I'm kind of surprised they haven't tried to bring back Metal Heroes yet. It's just a matter of time. I was sure they would after Gavan.
I think there are some Metal Heroes in Super Hero Taisen Z. Didn't Gavan tank though?

WillyFive

Superhero Taisen Z spoilers:
the Gokaigers change into past Metal Heroes

In other words, Toei is definitely trying to bring them back.

They probably intended to keep building on from the Gavan movie, even just as a Space Sheriffs franchise, but it fizzling probably put stop to any plans.

Started watching Kyoryuger, almost caught up with it. Its really great there a few things that are annoying, the narrator some of the noises (I think im getting used to it though) and the repetitive samba music especially during the megazord combination transformations. The action is pretty great and the show itself is very clean and bright which I like.

Takao

Banned
Seriously, how do you watch Gokaiger and not expect to have to bring back old cast members? lol

Saban should've leaned on Bandai to pony up some money with the promise of easy toy releases based off of existing molds.

jwk94

All things are better with practical effects.
kirinintrox8kqa.gif

kirinawesomebhjb1.gif

Kazu had zero screentime. Dude was the hairdresser and that's it. Kinda felt sorry for him. I was more angry with how they didn't really include Kou too much in the finale though. Whatever happened to his actor?

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Kazu had zero screentime. Dude was the hairdresser and that's it. Kinda felt sorry for him. I was more angry with how they didn't really include Kou too much in the finale though. Whatever happened to his actor?

probably because he turned heel
asrfG8b.jpg

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Kou blows. Episode right after the Jin thing happened had Kou in it and I stopped watching.

All things are better with practical effects.
http://abload.de/img/kirinintrox8kqa.gif/IMG]
[IMG]http://abload.de/img/kirinawesomebhjb1.gif[IMG][/QUOTE]

There aren't any effects going on here

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
The triplets who played Trey of Triforia (Gold Zeo Ranger) also confirmed they didn't receive invites. I'm starting to think we're not going to get ANY tributes outside of the Legend War.
http://www.jefusion.com/2013/05/we-were-not-invited-in-power-rangers-super-megaforce.html

I don't understand.

Kazu plays a bad guy in Jouko B-Fighter. His twin from the episode I posted gifs from actually played one of the main good guys in it as well. So it's like they switched positions.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
This is Dairanger right?

Be honest dudes what will I not like and what will I fanboy gush over? Right now this gfis are badass.

Some people complain about the baseball episode, but they're no fun nazis. It's kind of Abaranger-esque where it constantly bounces between goofy and serious. Maybe not as goofy as Abaranger though.

WillyFive

The Baseball episode is a classic. Besides, baseball episodes have been around since Goranger, and we had a whole team whose design was based on baseball players (Dynaman).

David Yost rejected his invite.

Dang. He went to the conventions, why wouldn't he go into the show? New Zealand too far away?

jwk94

The Baseball episode is a classic. Besides, baseball episodes have been around since Goranger, and we had a whole team whose design was based on baseball players (Dynaman).

Dang. He went to the conventions, why wouldn't he go into the show? New Zealand too far away?
Bad blood history with the team? Didn't they tease him about being gay?

WillyFive

I love how they portrayed the Powerful Rangers, giving them punk teenager personalities and making them make the same annoying sounds whenever they bust a move.

powerful-rangers.gif

I wonder why they didn't use the actual Power Rangers name and theme, since Dekared name-dropped Power Rangers SPD in Season 1.

Also, first there was this kid, and now Gwen Stefani's son:

gwen-stefani-435.jpg

Not sure what is so appealing to these kids, but kids loved Kevin it seemed.

Bad blood history with the team? Didn't they tease him about being gay?

That was a while ago, he and the cast seemed to have reconcile since then. Here he is in the 2012 Power Morphicon.

In other Toku news

Garo Season 3 ep 4 & 5

I like what the show is doing with madou Horrors. It's cheesy at times how the horror reveals itself prior to fighting. Anywho the dual plot line with the captain is looking interesting. Also lol Ryuuga got shot and I was waiting for that to happen. Still waiting for Gokai Silver to henshin into his armor over here.

Top Bottom