• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vamola! TokuGAF 2013 | 20 Years of Teenagers with Attitude

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Rlwc0ru.jpg

http://www.comicvine.com/articles/interview-chris-burnham-talks-japan-batman-in-batm/1100-146599/

isny

napkin dispenser
Watching GoBusters VS Gokaiger...and the It's Morphin Time thing made me go whaaaaaa. Guessing they decided to steal this as a nod to Power Rangers?

WillyFive

Watching GoBusters VS Gokaiger...and the It's Morphin Time thing made me go whaaaaaa. Guessing they decided to steal this as a nod to Power Rangers?

Yeah, Go-Busters borrowed a lot from Power Rangers, like Megazords, It's Morphing Time, and a character that was a disembodied head; as well as starting with a plot that was similar to RPM in some respects.

I bet Saban did probably pay him a dollar :(

No mention of dinothunder black huh.

So that's that.

Very true. Only reason to have him be green is just because he was that at first. For practical use, he would have been DT Black, since it was his strongest suit.

WillyFive

i r disappoint? only twenty some rangers is pretty sad...

Well, they just need to film footage to replace the shots that have the pre-Zyu teams in 199 Heroes and Gokaiger. Knowing Saban, they won't be doing anything new or in the same scale as the original, when they can just use the Sentai footage.

Hey, I've got a quick question about Fourze. I noticed that there's three sets of subs for the series; which do you folks prefer? I don't know much about the current sub groups, so I don't really have any preferences to work with, but I'd love to know which sets you all liked.

fmpanda

Hey, I've got a quick question about Fourze. I noticed that there's three sets of subs for the series; which do you folks prefer? I don't know much about the current sub groups, so I don't really have any preferences to work with, but I'd love to know which sets you all liked.

I do believe the general consensus is Over-Time for a lot of the current and recent series.

WillyFive

Over-Time, since they are the best and most complete (show + movies + various specials). Aesir is good too, but they only did the show and not any of the movies (as far as I know). TV-N has poor picture quality and even poorer translations, but they subbed just about everything.

Thanks for the help, guys. I'll go with Over-Time, since I'm not really interested in watching anything outside of the series and the movies.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I've never watched Faiz before but playing as him in Battride War is making me want to.

What is he, Kamen SPD or something?

I've never watched Faiz before but playing as him in Battride War is making me want to.

What is he, Kamen SPD or something?

He's Kamen Rider Hot Potato with the belt.

You will never find a more succinct summary of Faiz on the internet.

But to add to that: his suits are hard light constructs, the monsters he fights are intricately designed, and the tech he uses is a little bit 'harder' than most of the other shows in the game (the sort of machinery that could be made in the near future, rather than the far future). Faiz is pretty cool.

WorldStar

Banned
I noticed that Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers is on Netflix Instant stream. Are there any other shows of this genre on Netflix Instant?

If not, may re-watch Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers. It has been a long, long time since I've viewed it but this thread has triggered nostalgia enough to make me want to watch it again.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I noticed that Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers is on Netflix Instant stream. Are there any other shows of this genre on Netflix Instant?

If not, may re-watch Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers. It has been a long, long time since I've viewed it but this thread has triggered nostalgia enough to make me want to watch it again.

All the Saban stuff is up, like VR Troopers.
...I recommend just watching Metalder instead though.

Hey TokuGAF. Are any of the recent-ish (the last decade or so) Power Rangers series worth watching? I've been watching Beast Wars and Justice League lately, so I might as well throw in some Power Rangers.

Tenumi

Banned
Hey TokuGAF. Are any of the recent-ish (the last decade or so) Power Rangers series worth watching? I've been watching Beast Wars and Justice League lately, so I might as well throw in some Power Rangers.

RPM is great, from what I've heard (I'm only half way through). I enjoyed SPD and Dino Thunder, but I don't know if those are as liked or not.

jwk94

Jungle Fury
SPD
RPM
Ninja Storm
Dino Thunder
then watch Once a Ranger from Operation Overdrive

Tommy's team in those pictures looks so sad. Tommy and Wes are good picks but then the rest of them... terrible

Time Force
Ninja Storm
Dino Thunder
SPD

The first few seasons after Disney acquired the series and moved production to New Zealand, and the final one before they dropped it, are the peak of the series.

Power Rangers Ninja Storm
Power Rangers Dino Thunder
Power Rangers SPD
Power Rangers RPM

Jasmine or Z?

Not really interested in comparing, but I will say that Z played a part in my getting back in to PR (and subsequently in to toku more generally).

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Faiz is "grimdark", but there's also a lot of cute interactions between the two core trios of characters (and even between the villains too), barring the weird lack of communication including not telling a girl you like your full name. It also has a pretty solid plot with no major plot-holes as far as I can remember.

If you've watched Kabuto, basically think of it as Za Bee the series.

Battride War OT is far too empty. I need to tell everyone about how Kiva's animations are way too good for him.

Kiva had some of the best moves in the show too, that was the best part of Kiva.

almost, but not quite. actually, Jasmine or Z?

I like both...as far as that aspect goes.

Battride War OT is far too empty. I need to tell everyone about how Kiva's animations are way too good for him.

I would be more active, but I need my copy to actually arrive ;_;

Faiz is "grimdark", but there's also a lot of cute interactions between the two core trios of characters (and even between the villains too), barring the weird lack of communication including not telling a girl you like your full name. It also has a pretty solid plot with no major plot-holes as far as I can remember.

If you've watched Kabuto, basically think of it as Za Bee the series.

Kiva had some of the best moves in the show too, that was the best part of Kiva.

Well...there was
Kusaka's bloody hands that were never fully explained, or his weird dream thing, also Delta's special power, Kiba's rapid heel turn THEN face turn, and that...non-ending.
Those were some of the problems I and a few others had with the story.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
I like both...as far as that aspect goes.

I would be more active, but I need my copy to actually arrive ;_;

Well...there was
Kusaka's bloody hands that were never fully explained, or his weird dream thing, also Delta's special power, Kiba's rapid heel turn THEN face turn, and that...non-ending.
Those were some of the problems I and a few others had with the story.

Kusaka's dream was explained...he was the only one who fully remember seeing all of his friends "die" at the Reunion because, as he explained, he managed to escape before his memories were overwritten. So he felt guilty and thus had "blood on his hands" I guess the thing about Kusaka that wasn't explained was that one flashback where he was like laying at a river, but I guess that's simply his mom died in a boating accident thus he ended up at the school.

Yeah, Delta was made a big deal of, but once then it ended up being pretty weak.

Kiba was upset because he thought humans killed Osada, but mellowed out after fighting Takumi and realizing that there were good humans still I guess. I thought his plotline was pretty reasonable.

Top Bottom