• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vamola! TokuGAF 2013 | 20 Years of Teenagers with Attitude

WillyFive

Or a crime procedural (those are still popular right?) with a detective protag with high tech gear/suit. Like old batman.

You could probably translate Kamen Rider W almost 1:1 like this, even using the same scripts. Heck, Kamen Rider story arcs last two episodes, that would be one 44 minute episode for Western TV.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Make way for this awesome fanart
O5QjJO1.jpg

Hey I know these guys

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r67jBFQXJ7E

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Hibiki is awesome. Just get in with the mindset of "oh, the staff changed" in episode 30 and up.

Four episodes in and I'm not feeling it yet.

I like the cool little touches they do when filming it, like the constant cuts and the japanese text flashing (which I hear becomes less and less once they change staff), and the little musical parts are cute, but it's kind of boring me in terms of being Kamen Rider.

I like the cool little touches they do when filming it, like the constant cuts and the japanese text flashing (which I hear becomes less and less once they change staff), and the little musical parts are cute, but it's kind of boring me in terms of being Kamen Rider.

Keep going. It's a slow burn show but if you approach it like that, you'll appreciate it I think. It's similar to Kuuga in that way.

vareon

I did neglect to say it's my favorite precisely because of its difference. It has a more slice-of-life atmosphere, and we see the events mostly through Asumu's eyes. It's not as action focused as the others (it gets more action after the staff change though). Like Edag said, it's similar to Kuuga and those two are my favorite. I know it's your choice anyway, but I'd like to see you watch it till the end and tell us which part you like more.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
I did neglect to say it's my favorite precisely because of its difference. It has a more slice-of-life atmosphere, and we see the events mostly through Asumu's eyes. It's not as action focused as the others (it gets more action after the staff change though). Like Edag said, it's similar to Kuuga and those two are my favorite. I know it's your choice anyway, but I'd like to see you watch it till the end and tell us which part you like more.

Of course I will, I've stuck through every Kamen Rider so far...and most of the time, barring a few bumps and such, I've enjoyed them all.

jwk94

Why wouldn't she be there?

EDIT:

This just made me realize we know all 10 rangers who will be back. This means Christopher Kaymen Lee aka Andros won't be returning =/. Oh, and Fury Diamond from Rangercrew said that we might not see these rangers until the very last episode(s). smh. At least Casey gets his own tribute.

WillyFive

Why wouldn't she be there?

EDIT:

This just made me realize we know all 10 rangers who will be back. This means Christopher Kaymen Lee aka Andros won't be returning =/. Oh, and Fury Diamond from Rangercrew said that we might not see these rangers until the very last episode(s). smh. At least Casey gets his own tribute.

Really?

Man, two years to plan and figure it out. Two years. And yet still Saban couldn't beat something Toei was doing on the fly.

I still don't get the Casey thing. One of the most loser Reds, one of the most boring and obnoxious seasons, and the only Disney actor. Kinda makes no sense.

WillyFive

Yeah, Jason Faunt hasn't aged a damn day. Amazing.

Yeah. You could shoot the Time Force movie now and you could almost get away of saying it was shot in 2001.

But it's too bad Time Force didn't get the movie it was going to get; I don't think the Writers Strike even materialized, did it?

jwk94

Yeah. You could shoot the Time Force movie now and you could almost get away of saying it was shot in 2001.

But it's too bad Time Force didn't get the movie it was going to get; I don't think the Writers Strike even materialized, did it?

Lord, don't even get me started on what could have been with Time Force. That season was awesome, but to have a movie? The amount of times I would have gone to see it would be ridiculous.

Garo S3 ep 7

Takeru finally transforms to Zen
, finally! He's armor design is pretty sweet. The scene near the end felt pretty hammy with him lamenting(I guess) about the girl & her family.

Man sometimes Garo has flashes of woah that's some dark, dark stuff dudes. Then there's super lamey bad guy hijinks I guess? Thankfully this ep shows the different personalities work together.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
seeing cassie makes me happy, but the lack of disney era rangers burns me. blind assholes shouldnt be in positions of power

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
Isn't he busy with some stuff right now? Last I heard, he was somewhere in Japan with his band.

Casey's a Disney-era ranger. I would have loved to see Jack make a return though =/. It's stupid that NONE of the SPD rangers got invited. SMH.

the thing is that casey is the only disney era ranger. and hes not even the best ranger on his show. passing up seasons of rangers that allowed them to get to this point is shortsighted as hell. i know the troupes and guilds and all that, but they couldnt crack some sort of a fucking deal somewhere? toys are gonna sell sure, but balls were fucking dropped on this deal

jwk94

the thing is that casey is the only disney era ranger. and hes not even the best ranger on his show. passing up seasons of rangers that allowed them to get to this point is shortsighted as hell. i know the troupes and guilds and all that, but they couldnt crack some sort of a fucking deal somewhere? toys are gonna sell sure, but balls were fucking dropped on this deal

Yeah, i understand but hey....

BLGi_wkCMAEAFc_.jpg:large

It's so beautiful!

Passing down the shield

Tenumi

Banned
Gotta say, no matter how the season turns out, those pics look awesome. A question, though, is who is that green ranger between Pink and Blue space rangers? (As in, what series)

I hope that Shield pic is actually in the show, though, because that would actually be pretty cool.

jwk94

Gotta say, no matter how the season turns out, those pics look awesome. A question, though, is who is that green ranger between Pink and Blue space rangers? (As in, what series)

I hope that Shield pic is actually in the show, though, because that would actually be pretty cool.

Looks like SPD green.

Top Bottom