• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vamola! TokuGAF 2013 | 20 Years of Teenagers with Attitude

isny

napkin dispenser
Started watching Kyo. What the heck is Vamola supposed to mean? And how does "Very Mucho" make sense? So confused, lol

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Started watching Kyo. What the heck is Vamola supposed to mean? And how does "Very Mucho" make sense? So confused, lol

"Vamola" is a bastardization of "Vamos lá!" which means "Let's go" in Brazilian Portuguese - It means the same thing in spanish and Portuguese from Portugal, but since they dance Samba (a Brazilian rhythm), I'm pretty safe saying it's from the Brazilian Portuguese.

Very Mucho is really dumb - Mucho is not a Brazilian Portuguese word either.

WillyFive

Very Mucho follows the odd tradition of Sentai phrases using the same word in two different languages, like Akared or Tokumei Mission.

vareon

Kyoryuger
Another blue episode! I like this guy already. Nossan is a fresh face among teenage-filled teams.

Wizard

Nice to see Rinko and Shunpei does something again. Looks like next week will reveal a bit about Haruto's backstory. I...don't know what to think about the comics segment lol.

And Koyomi is taking her place as the worst heroine in Kamen Rider series since a loooooooong time, if we don't count that girl who sometimes hangs around Wataru in Kiva.

Slayven

I was looking into buying my nephew the super train megazord, but for what they are going for I can just hire Saban to film a new season of Mystic Warriors.

WillyFive

So yeah, the Summer movie titles are Kyoryuger: Gaburincho of Music and Kamen Rider Wizard in Magic Land. Both introduce new Rangers and Riders, and Kyoryuger's a musical!

That means by the end of this month, we could have our first pictures of the next Kamen Rider! By comparison, Wizard was revealed on June 23rd, 2012.

vareon

So yeah, the Summer movie titles are Kyoryuger: Gaburincho of Music and Kamen Rider Wizard in Magic Land. Both introduce new Rangers and Riders, and Kyoryuger's a musical!

That means by the end of this month, we could have our first pictures of the next Kamen Rider! By comparison, Wizard was revealed on June 23rd, 2012.

Don't forget we'll get the new trademark for the next rider's name soon!

please be an asshole rider. please please please.

I started watching OOO a few days ago. I'm really liking how colorful the Greeed are as villains so far. The unique MOTW creation methods are also a nice touch.
Its almost stupid how adorable Eiji's actor is.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Is it Greed or Greeed? TV-N and the Kamen Rider Wikia use Greeed, while OT and Wikipedia use Greed.

Personally I like "Greed" better. "Greeed" looks dumb.

Plus I'll take OT's word over TV-N's any day.

isny

napkin dispenser
Very Mucho follows the odd tradition of Sentai phrases using the same word in two different languages, like Akared or Tokumei Mission.

Man, they really like filming in Odaiba. So much of Kyu and the bits and pieces from the past few years I've been watching recently have the rainbow bridge in the background, lol

that salt lol. People do seem to give them more shit then they probably deserve, my 'english as second language' mom could watch and follow tvn translated Garo fine.

WillyFive

Having both Sentai and Rider shows be about dancing will be quite a sight.

Also, this show will probably be from the Go-Busters team, based on how teams revolve each year at Toei: The Kamen Rider OOO guys made Go-Busters, the Gokaiger guys made Wizard, and the Fourze guys are making Kyoryuger.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Does anyone have past rumored designs, like the Fourze one you mention?

Break Dancing sounds cool (I loved the scenes with Ryuutaros-Ryoutarou Break Dancing and such in Den-O), but I kind of liked the other rumor about a plant based Rider named Succeed.

I guess selling little toy CDs is easier than marketing seeds (although I know that's something they do in Japan during Pokemon Smash)

Watch Da Birdie

The gimmick sounds lame and not outrageous enough so this might not be true, lol.

It looks like he has multiple CD-insert spots on his joints.

Watch him insert multiple CDs to alter every single body part.

Watch Da Birdie

Oh god.

I could not be less excited for another multiple-form Rider. The formula is getting stale as hell.

I think it'd be cooler if the Rider has one form, and instead his weapon was what switched.

That or have multiple Riders like Ryuki.

Watch Da Birdie

Ahh, yes. CDs. The hot new thing with kids.

I dunno, I could see them using the same NFC technology the Wizard Belt uses.

Have the Belt, and various toy-CDs that play different music when you put them in. That'd be pretty cool. And they can be thrown like Frisbees.

It'd be pretty boss if the CD collectibles are based around previous Kamen Rider songs, though.

Watch Da Birdie

The other day as I was driving I noticed most cars would make pretty cool Rider-style helmets.

So a car theme Rider would be neat, another "speed" theme like Faiz and Kabuto too.

Top Bottom