• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vamola! TokuGAF 2013 | 20 Years of Teenagers with Attitude

reggie.gif

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Man, so much hate for Kamen Rider Break I see...real or not, I don't get why a dancing-themed Rider throws people into a frenzy. :0

Watch Da Birdie

So I found old Kamen Rider Fourze and Wizard rumors:

Fourze
grain of salt!
* Kamen Rider Fouze is in OOO's summer movie: WONDERFUL Shogun & 21 Core Medals, similar to OOO's cameo in W FOREVER.
* Kamen Rider Fouze is called Kakeru, when sees OOO he goes "Holy sh*t! It's the real Kamen Rider OOO!". His sister suddenly calls him and tells him to go home.
* Kakeru has some sort of smartphone which has data on past Riders, kinda like Pokemon's PokeDex

This is...kind of right? He did appear in the movie, was excited when he saw OOO, and did indeed get called back to school, but it was by Kengo, and it was through the Radar Switch

Kamen Rider Fouze uses items called "Rider Switch" and has five basic forms. The setting is in a high school and revolves around the school's Occult Club which consists of three members and their club adviser.

The story is about the Occult Club investigating the urban legend about something called "Kamen Rider", and collecting past Rider Switches. In the start, Fouze already has his five Fouze Switches and four OOO Switches. When he has 5 Rider Switches, he can metamorphose into that Rider's Mode. He can access past Rider's Modes.

There are 3 different type of Switches. First one is Rider Switch, which changes the body of Fouze. The second one is "Arms Switch", this one is for various weapons and such. The last one is "Vehicle Switch", it's used for the bike and other support mechs. The enemy organization is aiming after the Switches too.

Note: the poster was using the word metamorphose. If this is true, Fouze is probably romanized as Phose. He doesn't exactly become the Rider like Decade. Easiest way to describe this is Kamen Rider Den-O Plat Form being equipped with different parts. Basically Fouze has a base form and he's equipped with the past Riders armors.

This one is pretty close, bar the "Past Riders" metamorphoses part, which I hear was apparently the original idea for Fourze?

Wizard
Kamen Rider Wizard's name will be pronounced as “Wi-Zar-dO.” The belt would be called Wizard Driver, in which the Wiseman Rings will be inserted to form a crown. There are IC Chips built into the rings, and they are notated with the first letter of the attribute they represent (The Fire Ring has an F, the Water Ring has a W, etc).

Wizard's main weapon is the Senyou Shakkujou WizdoRod (Personal Bishop Staff WizdoRod). His main mode of transportation is the Machine Wizardry.

Kamen Rider Wizard will be fighting the "Phantom" along with his contract monsters, the Homunculus. When Wizard form changes, he sets certain rings in the WizdoRod to change. However, if he holds up an Wiseman Ring to one of his Homunculus, first is rumored to be called Edgar, they too can undergo a form change, taking on the property of that attribute.

It is said to have a total of 25 rings that can be stored on the Wiseman Ring Dictionary.

Along with this is the rumor for the second rider, Kamen Rider Dice. He can transform with the Dice Driver and the Wiseman Dice, a 6 faced die, with a built in IC Chip. Each face holds a different attribute. He partner will be called Alfred.
Once again pretty close, bar some weird names and little mix-ups.

Break rumors posted on /m/, brought up in the JEFusion comments:
- Ryosuke Yamamoto plays Kazuo/Kamen Rider Break.
- Series is themed after break-dancing, music, and paranormal "white noise" phenomenon.
- Kazuo is a ghost with an "inner rhythm" but no memory of living. Moves through sound to possess people through headphones who he resonates with. Possesses Shunpei in the Wizard Film for his debut.
- Rakuto Tochihara (Asumu) returns in a supporting role as a possessed civilian. Kazuo possess multiple people who join together to find his identity.
- When in a body, Kazuo can use sound energy to summon a belt and transform using a "Soul Disc" and a special dance.
- "Soul Discs" are based on a Yokai and Dance Style. Tsuchigumo/Capoeira is the base style. Can grow extra legs to attack. Performs special abilities by hitting buttons on his body in a special order as they light up.
- "Boogies" are ghosts that have lost their "inner rhythm" and appear from sound-transmitting devices. When defeated turn into new Soul Discs, some Soul Discs can summon Boogies to help fight.
- Second Rider based on toy cars. Uses toy cars to bring the dead to the world of the living.

Sounds cool.

The OST better be good.

Wonder if they are gonna lighten up the suit to help the suit actor out. Wonder how he fights... like that brazilian martial arts? Forget whats it called, but 2 people in Tekken use that.

Watch Da Birdie

The OST better be good.

Wonder if they are gonna lighten up the suit to help the suit actor out. Wonder how he fights... like that brazilian martial arts? Forget whats it called, but 2 people in Tekken use that.

Capoeira.

Which the rumor mentions, "Tsuchigumo-Capoeira".

vareon

So I found old Kamen Rider Fourze and Wizard rumors:

Fourze

Wizard

Break rumors posted on /m/, brought up in the JEFusion comments:

Sounds cool.

Now that's interesting because they are too close to be completely made up, yet so different. Almost sounds like either a) someone got a part of information then made up the rest or b)It was a shelved idea.

Nothing was as wild as Decade's early rumor, though. Playboy highschooler! Kamen Rider fans!

drizzle

Axel Hertz
I know this is redundant, but I just started watching Akibaranger (watched the first 4 episodes yesterday) and it's pretty good.

Fun and nice.

I wonder if Garo is the "mature" Tokusatsu I've been always looking for... hmmm.. I'll watch that next.

Slayven

Why hello there, Titanium Ranger. Cool to see the suit still there, though I wonder whats up with the visor or lack-there-of.

Is it me or does the Blues look a little dark?

"Boogies'? Oh Japan and your word play. Someone playing Simon to power up? I love this shit.

Watch Da Birdie

More Break Rumors:
Orends: Range: Kamen Rider Rumors

The show's theme is based on breakdancing, music and the paranormal "white noise" phenomenon. Kazuo aka Kamen Rider Break (played by Ryosuke Yamamoto) is a ghost with an "inner rhythm" but no memory of living. Moves through sound to possess people through headphones who he resonates with. It is said that he will possess Shunpei in the Kamen Rider Wizard film for his debut.

Rakuto Tochihara, best known for his role as Asumu Adachi in Kamen Rider Hibiki will play a supporting role as a possessed civilian. In the show, Kazuo possess the bodies of multiple people who join together to find his identity.

When inside a body, Kazuo can use sound energy to summon a belt and transform using a Soul Disc and a special dance. These discs are based on a Yokai and a dance style.

The forms are called Grooves, the Gumokapo Groove is based on Tsuchigumo & Capoeira is the Rider's base style in which can grow extra legs for his attacks. By hitting buttons on his body in a special order allow him to perform special abilities. One of his alternate forms is the Kitsusarusa Groove, which is based on Kitsune & Salsa.

Soul Discs are scanned in the D-D-Driver, which is voiced by Rica Matsumoto. The belt will sing once the Soul Discs are placed in the center. Rica Matsumoto will also sing the ending theme for the Gumokapo Groove.

The monsters of this series are called Boogies, ghosts that have lost their "inner rhythm" and appear from sound-transmitting devices. Break uses blank Soul Discs like chakrams for him to capture defeated Boogies and turn it into a new Soul Discs. Some of which he can use to summon Boogies in battle.

Also, he has a disc-shaped shield that can reflect sound back at the enemies. Speaking of which, he flips Soul Discs onto opposite side to use finishing moves and enters combination on the "Beat Joints" buttons on his body. Gumokapo Groove Finisher involves an eight-legged spinning Rider Kick.

The second Rider is named Caron, a pun on the word "car" and Charon. He uses a scythe that has a loop-de-loop like a toy race track in which he use to launch the souls of the dead to the world of the living. A French aristocrat ghost named Cargot is his main partner. Appears early as foe, hunts down Kazuo and other ghosts to put them at rest.

Take note, the copyright for this series is likely to be registered this month. Expect more legitimate info and confirmation of the rumors posted in this site after the copyright is registered.

Love the loop-de-loop toy race track scythe, the fuck?

Heaven's Tornado: The Series.

That episode made me hate Phillip

Luckily they toned down that aspect of his personality as the series went on.

And Rica Matsumoto voicing a Driver? This better not be fake, 50 episodes of Heaven's Tornado with "getto daze!" sprinkled on top sounds amazing.

Anyways, today I watched the WxOOO Movie Wars.
And just like Movie Wars 2010, nothing outside of the W-centric parts were worth giving a shit about. Also, I really fucking hate spiders now.

kunonabi

Just finished In Space. The cast certainly got better and actually felt like characters instead of the cardboard cutouts they were in Turbo. TJ and Carlos still didn't have much to do though. I didn't care for Astronema all that much and I didn't like the excessive amount of time the show spent on earth. The ending felt a little flat since Divatox had won at the end of the previous season stole some of its thunder.

Started Lost Galaxy and I'm liking it quite a bit. The cast is stiff but most of them are in the beginning.

WillyFive

I love Kamen Rider motifs, they always seem special and unique. Except Wizard, it's so dull and uninspired; might as well be Magiranger, which has actual protagonists and plot.

Tenumi

Banned
I think once I finish my watch of RPM, I'm going to do a full watchthrough of the entire Power Rangers series, just for fun. Although, that would mean that I'd be watching Jetman, MMPR, and Kyoryuger at the same time, which might be a bit much.

kunonabi

How the hell are you supposed to compete with a pretty boy that has baggage? If TJ was Red, Andros would've aped his screentime anyways.

TJ had no personality or charisma to even think of competing with Andros. He just wasn't cut out to be a leader. It's too bad because he had a great look and I kind of liked how he fought. At least they tried something with Carlos by giving him that little girl to look after. TJ just got shoved in the background.

vareon

Wizard

The only thing noticeable was the creepy dude giving the stone to Wajima, also implying Wajima met the guy before. We're about to see the next rider in a few weeks but Wizard's villains didn't show any sign of development except for one character.

Kyoryuger

An okay episode, but:

iQwzMjyjoRUa5.gif

Good stunt.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Wizard

The only thing noticeable was the creepy dude giving the stone to Wajima, also implying Wajima met the guy before. We're about to see the next rider in a few weeks but Wizard's villains didn't show any sign of development except for one character.

Kyoryuger

An okay episode, but:

http://i.minus.com/iQwzMjyjoRUa5.gif[/IG]

Good stunt.[/QUOTE]
It's white Wizard.

Deinosagrounder looks OK on black. Might not look as good on the others.

Waiting on Ultimatum :(

[IMG]http://i.minus.com/i1vG8PAGU5vsi.gif

shaowebb

Man I hope Kamen Rider Break offers up something better than Wizard. It focused so hard on powers and toys that it forgot to write any plot or character development. The whole series is just filler.

Watch Da Birdie

Only 3 episodes left of Hibiki till I reach the re-tool...

I'm really starting to enjoy the series once Ibuki and Tokoroki popped up, and I love that for once the Riders are good friends and don't fight over everything like in Kabuto and Blade. I hope the re-tool doesn't ruin that since I heard it does the whole "misunderstandings!" theme that's so popular in the pre-Decade Hesei shows.

I'm glad W and onward has dropped that.

Man I hope Kamen Rider Break offers up something better than Wizard. It focused so hard on powers and toys that it forgot to write any plot or character development. The whole series is just filler.
It's funny, because I find W, OOO, and Fourze, despite being very merchandise heavy, to easily beat out pretty much all the early Hesei-shows when it comes to having solid plots and stable characters throughout their run without getting ridiculous by the end. Although sometimes I felt those shows played it TOO safe and got a bit stale at parts, but often had strong final games whereas other series pretty much fizzled out or became bizarre like Kiva.

WillyFive

Yeah, I just can't get into the old Heisei shows either; nothing feels real or sincere in those shows. It's all just convoluted nonsensical drama with poor production values (especially compared to the Sentai that aired alongside it, stuff like Kuuga looks fanmade) and characters that I can rarely tell apart, and fail to work in any good way with other characters (so much misunderstandings that you wonder what the heck you're watching).

Only one I ended up watching all the way through was Den-O, because the characters were likable.

vareon

Only 3 episodes left of Hibiki till I reach the re-tool...

I'm really starting to enjoy the series once Ibuki and Tokoroki popped up, and I love that for once the Riders are good friends and don't fight over everything like in Kabuto and Blade. I hope the re-tool doesn't ruin that since I heard it does the whole "misunderstandings!" theme that's so popular in the pre-Decade Hesei shows.

Oh man you're going to love Kiriya.

fmpanda

I remember when people were pissed when Kiriya's actor was confirmed to play Yuuto in Den-O. People hated Kiriya that much. :lol

Well, in Hibiki his character type just sucked and chewed away scenes and added unnecessary drama (Thanks Inoue). In Den-O however it was comedy gold paired up with Deneb, plus they gave his character more development as well.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Well, in Hibiki his character type just sucked and chewed away scenes and added unnecessary drama (Thanks Inoue). In Den-O however it was comedy gold paired up with Deneb, plus they gave his character more development as well.

Oh yeah, I know. The initial reaction was just hilarious though. Like "oh god no not him".

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Finally watched Kyoryuger 18 and, like said earlier in the thread, there were some nice Stunt and Choreography work on this episode.

Gold, while not showing much this time around, was pretty good when he showed up. I turned around and I like him now.

I'm excited about Kyoryu Grey next episode.

Top Bottom