• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vamola! TokuGAF 2013 | 20 Years of Teenagers with Attitude

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
So, this was posted last month on 2ch during the Wizard Movie filming...seems more likely now that the name gives us an idea it may be Samurai-themed...

rom last month during movie filming

433 :名無しより愛をこめて[sage]投稿日:2013/05/12(日) 16:21:09.76 ID:jXWGVTYZ0
サムライライダー?
頭にちょんまげ ベルトに家紋(スマホっぽい)
刀が緑黒(W?)と白(フォーゼ?)の二本

-next rider is- a Samurai Rider?
He has a topknot on his head and his belt is a family crest (looks smart phone-ish)
He had a green/white katana(W?) and a white katana(Fourze?)

442 名無しより愛をこめて sage 2013/05/12(日) 18:16:11.84 ID:jXWGVTYZ0
>>439
この間ウィザードの映画の撮影を見る機会があったので
なんか変なファントム?対新ライダーシーンで
新ライダーは黒と緑の刀をもってて
スタッフさんが白の刀を持ってた
おま罪のポーズしてたから多分Wフォームとかかと

The other day I caught a bit of the filming for the Wizard movie. The new rider was fighting a weird looking Phantom. New Rider was holding a green/black katana and a staff member was holding a white katana. The new rider did the ''count up your crimes'' pose, so -the swords- are probably W form and so on.

Seems like it might be like Decade, each sword representing a different Rider?

WillyFive

I've been hoping for a Samurai Rider for so long, and when we finally get one I don't feel the hype. Maybe Wizard is just too depressing.

Seems like it might be like Decade, each sword representing a different Rider?

Probably just in an aesthetic, call-back form (if you recognize it, you might go "Ha!", but it won't be full blown like Decade/Gokaiger). I doubt we will get another series like this so soon.

NeonZ

Probably just in an aesthetic, call-back form (if you recognize it, you might go "Ha!", but it won't be full blown like Decade/Gokaiger). I doubt we will get another series like this so soon.

Next Rider will be the 15th Heisei Rider, 30th Main Rider, and it's been 5 years since Decade, most of the target audience has changed by now. Considering how Decade didn't even cover the entire franchise, only had 30 episodes and how it was focused on AUs rather than the actual past series, I'd love to get an actual crossover Rider for this year.

As legendary as the guy is, I kinda hoped someone else take the main suit this time. His gestures is starting to get...visible.

Yeah, but I always love having him around somewhere. I kinda hope he gets to do at least one more Sentai Red before he retires.

Am I the only one that really digs infinity form?

It's just.... 'cool'.

iRYdtz4vw2gx4.gif

I do kinda wish it somehow uses the other rings. Fourze and Decade's final forms kept the motif of form switching stuff... wish others did too.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
I just heard that old Power Rangers toys are selling for a lot of money right now. Is this true?

WillyFive

I liked Fourze's final more than infinity, since it looked more agile and had a sleeker design.

I just heard that old Power Rangers toys are selling for a lot of money right now. Is this true?

Well, depends on what you consider expensive. A couple hundred dollars? Yep. But their value doesn't change much year over year; it depends on their quality: I've seen a decent-quality in-the-box Astro Megazord will go for around $125; and the Megaranger version for around $220. But if it's just the toy by itself, you could probably get like $60 for it.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Also Fourze incorporated all of the switches/past abilities in the design, which is really neat. I think the last Rider to showcase the "powerup that uses older powers rather than a new level altogether" was Decade!

I liked Fourze's final more than infinity, since it looked more agile and had a sleeker design.

hmmm.... don't recall anything agile about Fourze final form when he's jetsoning around with jetpack, while Wizard is teleport slashing around ;)

wizard final form is pretty much 'let's throw everything awesome in one'. ringpops, paladin like defense, high speed mobility, cg weapon of doom. And the suit seems flexible enough that the suit actor isn't struggling unlike most final forms.

You know, it's like eps 40 and you really haven't seen wizard's final form lose a fight.

you know, you haven't seen wizard super dragon mode (the one all combined after dragon timer) lose either lol.

missed opportunity of wizard is fusion elements.

magicka it up.

fire+water = steam etc.

your hand has 5 fingers.

When has dragon timer ever not won outside of the last eps? Like the only reason why Infinity exists in the story is it's ability to keep phantoms from entering haruto lol.

dragon timer is still super competent in combat.

Yeah, everything about Wizard does feel poorly thought out. Missed opportunity for risk reward ala dragon timer/infinity are heavy magic drainers or make you berserk or something.

kunonabi

Finished Lost Galaxy last night. Easily my second favorite american series now. Started Lightspeed Rescue and I'm digging it. It's getting off a faster start than most of them and I'm finding the cast likable from the very beginning.

As off now

MMPR
Lost Galaxy
In Space
Turbo
Zeo

Had Turner been Divatox the whole season I might have ranked it higher since she is my favorite villain so far. She's the only thing about Turbo I liked though.

vareon

Will Haruto ever enter a gate again?
Will the Machine Winger get another use?
Will Haruto use the Copy ring to copy Infinity Style?
Will Haruto use the Copy ring while in DragoTimer mode to copy a shitload of himself?

Tune in next time for forgotten gimmicks of Kamen Rider Wizard!

....can be said of every season, really. Not that I'm complaining anyway.

Will Haruto ever enter a gate again?
Will the Machine Winger get another use?
Will Haruto use the Copy ring to copy Infinity Style?
Will Haruto use the Copy ring while in DragoTimer mode to copy a shitload of himself?

Tune in next time for forgotten gimmicks of Kamen Rider Wizard!

....can be said of every season, really. Not that I'm complaining anyway.

Haruto is easily the most broken rider if one thinks about it. And when he struggles he can just deus ex machima up a new gimmick to win in like 10 mins.

DragoTimer is like the first powerup in KR that I actually kinda felt bad for the monster of the week.

poor kamen rider girls :(

I actually did like the graduation song thing from fourze.

WillyFive

Finished Lost Galaxy last night. Easily my second favorite american series now. Started Lightspeed Rescue and I'm digging it. It's getting off a faster start than most of them and I'm finding the cast likable from the very beginning.

As off now

MMPR
Lost Galaxy
In Space
Turbo
Zeo

Had Turner been Divatox the whole season I might have ranked it higher since she is my favorite villain so far. She's the only thing about Turbo I liked though.

You liked MMPR more than In Space? But In Space has a plot!

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Apparently there's a rumor going around Gaimu's another Decade series, AUs included, but...I don't know if I like that.

Just having his swords and such homage the past Riders, but it being his own plot would be alright though.

Some "source" I see people say provided correct info in the past claim his belt resembles a "playhouse" and can cut up fruit by sticking it in the middle...so, uh, a Cooking Rider?

shaowebb

Anyone else see the rumor that Kamen Rider Gaimu will have a belt themed on slicing food?

Link

Kind of hoping that Kamen Rider Break still happens now.

ReiGun

I go to JeFusion for mp3 downloads, since Rangerboard decided you need 100 posts to use their download section. Cause fuck I look like posting on Rangerboard.

WillyFive

So where does one go for toku news?

There is no one place to rule them all, unless you read Japanese and subscribe to the Toku magazines. Most places on the English language side rely on word of mouth information (some guy reads something in a magazine, who then posts it on 2chan, then translated on 4chan, then posted on fan forums, and then posted on blogs).

Some neat sites that I have come across are Rising Sun Tokusatsu and Henshin Justice, among others.

vareon

JEFusion is awful and I don't know why anyone goes to them for toku news at all.

I don't go to JEFusion, JEFusion go to me.

It's on my RSS feed

But yeah, regarding news, it's best to keep multiple sources. I currently have JEFusion + Henshin Justice at my feeds + this thread. That's enough for me.

http://www.prnewswire.com/news-rele...angers-super-megaforce-in-2014-211796351.html

super megaforce PR. gosei gives the rangers the keys and morpher

so much for my dreams of a poorly slashed together MMPR2 style season T_T

Hope they get the shit kicked out of them during the season opening or finale :D

Anyone else get a Matrix vibe out of Garo s3? The latest eps really confirmed it for me. Reminds me of that short from animatrix. A 'perfect world' but if one discovers the cracks in the cardboard buildings, you are snuffed or something.

Kinda weird that everything that happened last week is forgotten this week... where is my training arc?

Tenumi

Banned
Top Bottom