• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Venture Bros. Season 5 |OT| - Sundays @ 12 on Adult Swim - Come get a rusty venture!

Status
Not open for further replies.

bndadm

Yep. For all intents and purposes, Monarch is a better man. He cares about his gf, he cares about the people under him and wants to be the best he can be (whatever that is that episode). Even Dr. Girlfriend with her whole "You don't fire with fire, but with water" stuff kinda reflects that. If Dr. Venture actually started instigating, he'd totally be actually arching Monarch.

I was thinking that too. When your arch-villain is more successful at their 'job' and in life...what's the point of arching? Time for Dr. Killinger to return!

And that I do like. Also, 21's new role is awesome. Great shot of him running toward the e-den with the cocoon approaching over it.

Aaron

Yep. For all intents and purposes, Monarch is a better man. He cares about his gf, he cares about the people under him and wants to be the best he can be (whatever that is that episode). Even Dr. Girlfriend with her whole "You don't fire with fire, but with water" stuff kinda reflects that. If Dr. Venture actually started instigating, he'd totally be actually arching Monarch.
He wouldn't though because Dr. Venture would not give a shit. The only thing he cares about is keeping enough money in to keep the crumbling Venture compound afloat, and Dean. Of course Monarch could be accidentally responsible for murdering Dean, and the event makes him swear off super villainy for good, while it causes Venture to lose his shit. That's the sort of change that might make Rusty interesting, especially when at the end of his arching arc he take something of that with him, and doesn't devolve back to the same dull character.

Its a madhouse! A madhouse!!!!

One of the tightest episodes I have seen in any show. All killer no filler, no let up in the 42mins.
I have watched it 3 times already. Roll on sunday!

Ridley327

I was laughing so hard throughout the entire episode, especially once Hank became THE BAT.

I'm really liking how Dean's arc is playing out thus far, especially with him being proactive in a way that Rusty has never been.

Reviews:

AV Club: http://mobile.avclub.com/articles/venture-libre,98746/

Any other sites / critics review VB episodes weekly? If so feel free to share links!

Shirt Club!
CB7eJGL.jpg

Buy me here! http://www.titmousestuff.com/collec...products/venture-bros-shirt-club-no-3-u-r-g-h

Raxus

That ending. Next week looks amazing. I can't wait to see more of Gary this season.

Looks like we might get a Sgt. Hatred backstory as well.

Ridley327

I think I'd have to watch the last scene over again, because the amount of references for the abominations on the boat was staggering. I think I caught just Robot Monster and the out-of-nowhere Mars Attacks! reference with the guy's head on the dog body.

I think I'd have to watch the last scene over again, because the amount of references for the abominations on the boat was staggering. I think I caught just Robot Monster and the out-of-nowhere Mars Attacks! reference with the guy's head on the dog body.
Also the Human Centipede.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
bat-hank is best hank. its kinda sad to see that rusty used the scooby dudes to become venture steins, but they were murderers, so oh well

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom