• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Venture Bros. Season 6 |OT| - Sundays @ 12 on Adult Swim - Rusty takes Manhattan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crocodile

LOL I figured they would save this "resolution" until next week. I love the way they handled things this week <3

I guess next week is the season finale though?

:(

TheOGB

Banned
I really enjoyed the more "intimate" voice work in this episode. And that certainly was a Venture Bros. ending, heh.

HUELEN10

week_7_2.jpg
New shirt.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
Huh was expecting the Clancy Brown voicedred grim reaper villain this episode. Guess he is part podge finale next week, wonder if there anything significant to him with the whole coming for Rusty's soul.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Mmm glorious episode. I should see Goodfellas again.
Felt a little like a finale, but thankfully there's one more episode.

daveo42

Banned
That ending. Just perfect. Man...I cannot believe there is only one episode left too.

What are the chances
Gary just fucked this up for the Monarch?
That's the one lose end that could really send that "happy ending" down the shitter.

Musolf815

Mmm glorious episode. I should see Goodfellas again.
Felt a little like a finale, but thankfully there's one more episode.

They tried to make this the finale but there was a continuity error with switching 7 and 8 that they couldn't get around.

Tansut

Unless next week's episode is a real stinker I don't see how this season doesn't go down as one of the strongest, possibly THE strongest.

So, so good.

I caught up on the whole season this weekend. Wow! Honestly, the last two seasons or so, while good enough to keep me watching, were not the show at it's best. It felt like the writers fell into the classic trap that so many comedies that try to maintain a strict continuity do: they got too far up their own ass with the lore. The had to spend so much time explaining their multiple organizations and keeping their double agents straight that the comedy and character building suffered.

The Gargantua 2 special was a brilliant reset button. The Ventureverse feels much simpler and cleaner now, and it's good to see them focusing mostly on Rusty and the Monarch again. This season has been totally on point, and the 21-Monarch bromance is the best it's ever been.

I just wish we got more ghost of 24.

Jeff6851

This season feels off like season 4 did for me. I've come to like season 4 more though so maybe it's just because it's changing things up a lot. I need to binge watch this whole season too.

AV Club: Rusty wears the wrong suit on The Venture Bros. - A
It’d be hard to come up with a more perfect celebrity for Rusty Venture to idolize than Christopher Lambert. A mediocre film actor who starred in a handful of high profile ‘80s movies before moving settling into moderate obscurity, Lambert is hardly the epitome of Hollywood cool; yet his low-rent mystique is an ideal fit for the show’s loving adulation of misfits, oddities, and loose ends. The Highlander movies that provided the man with the closest he’d ever come to celluloid immortality are largely terrible—even the first is really just a certain kind of 12 year-old boy’s dream of what a movie should be. But that’s the point. While Lambert may not be a household name, he’s more successful and better loved than Rusty will ever be, and he’s achieved that success through same pop cultural detritus that has defined Rusty’s entire adult life.

tkscz

Did not know he was the guy who played Raiden in the MK movie. Great episode, sucks next episode is the last of the season (rating are definitely high enough to get the one more promised season). I agree with you guys though
Gary did not kill that guy. Though it was nice to see his origin story.

Also, when did Sheila start doubting the Blue M. was Rusty? She was one of the first to suspect him.

Harangatangue's wife died with Think Tank in the crash, right?
Yes

Also, when did Sheila start doubting the Blue M. was Rusty? She was one of the first to suspect him.

she's still big on following procedure. I think it was everyone rushing and then how cut and dry it seemed leading to suspicion

aett

Anyone else think that
Jonas Venture Sr. killed the Blue Morpho and accepted the Guild reward? Maybe he or one of his teammates sabotaged their plane. As for why he did it, maybe it was because he was having an affair with Morpho's wife. If so, her death in the plane crash would have been accidental, which could lead to him trying to bring her back to life... like in this theory I came up with last season...

EDIT: This is most likely a coincidence, considering how long it takes to produce an episode of the show and not knowing exactly when it will air, but on the most recent Thirty Twenty Ten podcast I learned that last week was the 30th anniversary of the release of the original Highlander movie with one Christopher Motherfucking Lambert.

IGN: "Why can't I thwart Dr. Heinie?" - 8.7
The Venture Bros. has largely stuck to the same formula this season, with every episode unfolding in New York and ending with Blue Morpho accidentally killing a Level 10 archvillain and paving the way for a big showdown between the Guild and the Venture family. It's a formula that continues to work, but it's also one that could easily grow stale without a few wrinkles to keep things fresh. There's a sense that Jackson Publick and Doc Hammer were very mindful of that as they crafted the penultimate chapter of Season 6. "A Party for Tarzan" didn't necessarily deviate from the norm in terms of story, but it offered enough fun storytelling flourishes to stand out regardless.

I enjoyed the ending song. I know that it was specifically made for this ep. and it can be included as a downloadable song on itunes somewhere in the future.

this season has been amazing. I wanted more Dean development but instead I got a season of the Blue Morpho and I'm now all "Dean who?"

I want more Blue Morpho.

Epcott

I miss Dr. O and the Triad. I hope they show up in the final... That, and they show us what Dean has been up to at school.

I miss Dr. O and the Triad. I hope they show up in the final... That, and they show us what Dean has been up to at school.

at this point I just expect Dean will end up graduating and going into a career and living a decent life. As to Dr Orpheus I don't expect him to show up. Maybe with the red death villain?

Zubz

Banned
I agree with you guys though
Gary did not kill that guy. Though it was nice to see his origin story.

I don't think she's doubting it so much as she thinks they're acting rashly, whereas she's the most bureaucratic Councilperson. Plus, she may have felt apprehensive when she found herself behind the trigger.

Man, I can't believe I'm really this worried if a fictional henchman murdered a fictional villain, but I am. I doubt it, though, "never found the body" and that. Then again...

She was in the bar with a neck brace for a second in Party for Tarzan.

Holy smokes! That Harangatank can really take a beating, can't it? I think they milked all they could out of Think Tank's "wants a rival intellect to arch" and Wes Warhammer's "supervillain Andy Warhol," so I'm actually glad that they picked Battle Axe to survive out of all of the Morpho victims this season.

PSqueak

Banned

If you think about it
She had suspicions, but there was never hard cold evidence, the Guild and OSI are supossed to operate "by the book" and her arc so far in the season has been about properly rebuilding the guild and bringing order to it, giving in to impulse and doing it loose canon style would be regressing the character and counter productive to her goal, before acting, she wanted to prove it was venture.

Also, to be fair
The monarch called her out in his closing narration

NEO0MJ

Anyone else think that
Jonas Venture Sr. killed the Blue Morpho and accepted the Guild reward? Maybe he or one of his teammates sabotaged their plane. As for why he did it, maybe it was because he was having an affair with Morpho's wife. If so, her death in the plane crash would have been accidental, which could lead to him trying to bring her back to life... like in this theory I came up with last season...

I really can't buy Jonas killing anyone for the sake of money, especially not from a villainous organization.

FlowersisBritish

fleurs n'est pas britannique
So real question here everybody. Would you be a henchman? Would you want to try and work your way to professional antagonist? I can't say I wouldn't be tempted.

Zubz

Banned
So wait, 21 buried Wandering Spider in Pine Barrens? Because that's where The Monarch's parents' plane crashed. Even if 21 burying him/his legs there will be inconsequential in the next episode, the location's definitely going to come back in a big way.

So real question here everybody. Would you be a henchman? Would you want to try and work your way to professional antagonist? I can't say I wouldn't be tempted.

No way. Gary appears to enjoy it, but you're basically just cannon fodder for a given villain; the only pro I can see is that it puts your foot in the door to become an arch-nemesis for someone. Until then, anyone, be it an enemy or even a bored employer, could kill you without repercussions of any kind.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom