• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Venture Bros. Season 6 |OT| - Sundays @ 12 on Adult Swim - Rusty takes Manhattan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
So wait, 21 buried Wandering Spider in Pine Barrens? Because that's where The Monarch's parents' plane crashed. Even if 21 burying him/his legs there will be inconsequential in the next episode, the location's definitely going to come back in a big way.
Interesting. I thought this episode's trip to the Pine Barrens was more a vague Sopranos reference more than anything. Will be interesting to see if these things tie together somehow.

Sapiens

My poster set shipped! Thank god for US to Can shipping services.

Glad I got these - even one poster is going for ~100 Canadian on eBay now. Holy shit.

E99c4wt.png

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
So was watching AS randomly and there is a new commercial for the last episode of the season. Looks pretty interesting and curious how things turn out for everyone
with the joint Guild and OSI project to shut down the Blue Morpho/Rusty Venture and the fact that it looks like the Red Skull/Grim Reaper character know's The Monarch is actually the Blue Morpho.

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
My poster set shipped! Thank god for US to Can shipping services.

Glad I got these - even one poster is going for ~100 Canadian on eBay now. Holy shit.

Always going to be opportunists out there. Even if you missed out, someone managed to get nice files from Adult Swim. You could print them out yourself if you wanted.

Tizoc

Me too. I just can't see it. Hoping he's just burying the metal arms.

My thoughts as well.
Also 70s Blue Morpho- HOW DID HE DO THAT?! HOW?!!? DID HE EVEN FAKE HIS OWN DEATH?!?!

That is what I thought at first...

And this is what I was confused about. I saw her back there in the latest episode. So continuity error or she didn't die?

Looks to me she didn't die, old gal must really be tough. which I am grateful for since I really liked the character :p

that whole scene after Brock beats the shit out of Vendata in the nightclub episode is pretty fucking disturbing since
it's pretty clear now that Vendata is the first Blue Morpho
. there's a lot of dark implications introduced in that episode, and there's the Orb episode too implying that
Kano was responsible for the plane crash that killed the Monarch's parents, that the "great man" he killed was the Blue Morpho. Maybe it had something to do with the Orb.

Yep, I'm ready for the usual we are already writing the new episodes so the season might come out early but then comes the usual delays.

So see you guys in 2018-19.
Let's have a pool to guess.
March 2018

Happy to have seen some VB t-shirt club shorts at the Texas Pinball fest this weekend.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
that whole scene after Brock beats the shit out of Vendata in the nightclub episode is pretty fucking disturbing since
. there's a lot of dark implications introduced in that episode, and there's the Orb episode too implying that
Kano was responsible for the plane crash that killed the Monarch's parents, that the "great man" he killed was the Blue Morpho. Maybe it had something to do with the Orb.

I hope they officially connect the dots sooner than later.

Pein

Banned
It already hurts, the wait is always a killer, when you look back and see season 4 started all the way back in 09 and were only on season 6 now.

The quality is amazing but damn It sucks waiting years to get updates and development on characters I like. I'd love to see Dean actually do something besides go to class.

Plus you gotta think Dermott's family is gonna try and get some of that fat money cake.

Zubz

Banned
I definitely can't handle this hiatus. The Daredevil/Archer/JoJo combo might fill the void for a bit, but there's no way this episode's going to cover everything this episode would need to cover to leave me feeling sated.

Pein

Banned
I definitely can't handle this hiatus. The Daredevil/Archer/JoJo combo might fill the void for a bit, but there's no way this episode's going to cover everything this episode would need to cover to leave me feeling sated.

I thought it was already said it doesn't wrap up the current story?

Zubz

Banned
I thought it was already said it doesn't wrap up the current story?

I know. But it also likely won't cover some of the characters/scenarios I wanted to see more of. I mean, Dermott had nothing to do with this story, for example, but I was still hoping they'd do something with him. I doubt he's involved in tonight's episode, seeing how it's about several plot threads that don't even tangentially tie to him (To our knowledge). Sgt. Hatred felt more like an afterthought this season, as well. There's also the lack of Orpheus & co., but that was established immediately after S6 was announced.

Seriously, this show has too many great characters; I'd definitely love to see a spin-off. It literally doesn't matter who (But I'm hoping it's the Triad or OSI), but I want to see an additional outlet for side-characters to shine through.

daveo42

Banned
I give it three years if we get another split season. Maybe four if they actually try a full season. I'm also expecting another short sometime in 2018.

Far too many things I seem to have missed or forgotten about between seasons. I really do hope that comes up tonight and not in season 7 or beyond.

B.K.

I always assumed that
Rusty was somehow responsible for Vendata's death. They said that Jonas got rid of Vendata because he kept trying to strangle Rusty to death. There has to be a reason for that.

DarkKyo

I finally got caught up tonight... amazing season so far, and the finale will be incredible.

Any predictions? I feel like
this could be the end for the Monarch

vypek

I finally got caught up tonight... amazing season so far, and the finale will be incredible.

I feel like that is one of the last things that will happen. Unless you mean
full time blue morpho and the monarch is gone in name.

My predition:
some sap takes the fall for morpho or the joint operation collapses on itself and morpho makes a last minute escape

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise

I don't expect anything too earth-shattering. As Publick and Hammer put it, this is the last episode of the season, not the finale. As always, they had more ideas than episodes, and whatever end to this arc they had in mind is waiting for the next two episodes or so, in whatever form that ultimately takes.

hughesta

Banned
still, it's another episode of The Venture Bros. Earth-shattering or not, it's gonna be great. Hopefully we get news of the shows future shortly after. A bump saying there'll be a special to close things off at the end of the year would be great.

DarkKyo

I feel like it's
now or never for them to drop the Monarch/Rusty being related megaton. If they do it could remove all of the dynamic between the two and it would be next to pointless to keep that rivalry going. Add to that the fact that the Monarch has nearly ditched his old persona entirely and has had an insane amount of character development, and has practically become estranged to Dr. Mrs. The Monarch. That's why I'm thinking Monarch as the Blue Morpho is totally his swan song and will go out in a way that parallels the original Blue Morpho.
Then again maybe the creators want
Monarch around until the very end
, which I'm totally cool with.

Raxus

Yeah, Dermott and Morpheus were both MIA this season. Hopefully they return in the next.

Morpheus did 'save' Jonas Jr. so I expect them to pay that off years and years and years down the road.

Man it is depressing going into a season finale of Venture Bros.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom