• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vice Principals - Danny McBride & Walton Goggins - HBO Comedy - [update: S2 trailer!]

Status
Not open for further replies.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
C+ - B- is a fair grade for this last episode. As fun as it was it didn't have anything that the other episodes did. Other than Gamby's growth moments.

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
No episode this week because of the holiday weekend. :(

giphy.gif

Grinchy

Banned
You shittin me son?! fuck... So no Ballers either? gotta be honest i have no interest in Football at all, but since it comes on before Vice principals i got around to watching it and it's aaight
Lol I couldn't even get 15 minutes into the first episode. I love The Rock but that show is unwatchable

I just started it.

Really enjoyed it.

Walton Goggins is amazing, steals every scene he was in.

edit: wooooo, episode 2 took an unexpected turn.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
I still don't know what to do with this empty space in my heart with the absence of the show. Damn.

I caught up with last week's episode and then saw there was no new episode tonight nooooooo

I really hope Neil and Lee's friendship survives this show

Dayshawn interview:

- Rolling Out: Actor Sheaun McKinney leaves police academy behind to chase dreams in Hollywood
What was your experience like filming with Danny McBride?

I’ve told people before, they see how funny he is but Danny is a real genius. He is really really smart. Him and his whole team with the way they crafted the story is brilliant. Danny rarely breaks. I pride myself on not breaking ever. I grew up doing theater in college and that’s where I started in acting. I always prided myself on being the person who was not going to break. I think Danny might have broke me once and it wasn’t intentional. I don’t know if I ever broke him and for me that would be a highlight right now. In the beginning, it was just surreal to be filming in a real high school. I remember the first shot of the entire show was myself and Danny. I remember walking up to our marks where we had to be and looking around at all these kids, extras and camera stuff and it hit me like “Holy crap! This is an HBO show and Danny McBride is standing right next to me.” It was the most surreal and humbling moment ever. I remember they said action and I said something and then I heard crickets. I thought to myself I’m about to get fired immediately and I was like this is not funny. A lot of people had to hold their laughs. Till this day it’s been the greatest learning experience for me that I’ve had on film. Danny and his whole crew made it so easy. There was no pressure. You just got to come in and play which is great for actors.

Grinchy

Banned
The first season of Eastbound and Down is definitely the most substantive, but every season is good. It felt to me like they were never really planning on having more seasons. Things start getting weirder as it goes on and if anything turned people off, it might have been how far it kept pulling away from a semblance of reality.

I personally loved every minute of the show.

Sapiens

The first season of Eastbound and Down is definitely the most substantive, but every season is good. It felt to me like they were never really planning on having more seasons. Things start getting weirder as it goes on and if anything turned people off, it might have been how far it kept pulling away from a semblance of reality.

I agree - the first season was its own movie with a Five Easy Pieces ending.

Everything else is a nice bonus. Fan fiction. Not necessary, but appreciated.

It's like the ROCKY saga/universe/tales

HBO? I remember some friends watching it, but I never really watched an episode with them.I loved Danny in Tropic Thunder. He is amazing in VP. Neil and Lee are one of the greatest onscreen couples I can think of.
Yup.

When Eastbound season one premiered, it was slotted with Flight of the Conchords and Summer Heights High, a fucking power trio of perverse proportions. I never felt compelled to watch past the first though, oddly enough.

GAF's been on fire lately in terms of TV show recommendations. Thanks to GAF I was introduced to Stranger Things, The Night Of and Mr Robot - all three were and are fucking amazing. This is an awesome place to discover good entertainment.

Anyway I gave the pilot a shot as I love both Danny McBride and Eastbound and Down and wasn't disappointed - it's really good! It wasn't laugh out loud hilarious but there were some funny moments and I like the direction of the story.

I have the rest of the episodes ready to go so I think I'll keep watching more tonight. Good show.

Watching all the episode so far broadcasted i have a feeling that this season will be all about character development which I thinks is fine bcause they've been doing a fine job about it, but of course we won't se a full wrap of the whole "Take down Dr Brown" overall story arc

Up to episode 2 and I'm enjoying this! Danny McBride is essentially playing the exact same character from Eastbound and Down but that's not a bad thing - that character is hilarious and amazing. As a follow up to EB&D this is pretty great. Thank you GAF for yet another amazing recommendation!

Up to episode 2 and I'm enjoying this! Danny McBride is essentially playing the exact same character from Eastbound and Down but that's not a bad thing - that character is hilarious and amazing. As a follow up to EB&D this is pretty great. Thank you GAF for yet another amazing recommendation!

Not to get too spoilery, but the prevailing theme throughout the show seems to be that none of the characters are who they seem to be at first blush, so I'd maybe hold off on the Kenny Powers comparisons.

Sanjuro

Stevie was like pure cocaine for the program.

Not to get too spoilery, but the prevailing theme throughout the show seems to be that none of the characters are who they seem to be at first blush, so I'd maybe hold off on the Kenny Powers comparisons.

Hmm. Interesting! Good to know - makes me excited to watch the rest of the episodes. Thanks!

yeah, I get the impression now, several episodes in, that this is a red herring so you come in expecting another Eastbound and as you see it play out, it goes a different direction.

Realizing that makes me appreciate the show all the more.

yeah, I get the impression now, several episodes in, that this is a red herring so you come in expecting another Eastbound and as you see it play out, it goes a different direction.

Realizing that makes me appreciate the show all the more.

Also interesting! I appreciate the insight. Excited to watch more now that I've learned it goes in an intriguing direction. Thanks!

Finally caught up! It's a good show. I think I prefer Eastbound and Down but I'm still enjoying most of the episodes. The most recent episode was pretty amazing.

I liked that one and the Field Trip one the best I think. Looking forward to the next one.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
That episode went places! Oh my...

Georgia King was incredible at the end, haha.
I'm guessing you meant Kimberly Hebert Gregory? Unless you were blown away by King disappointedly reaching Gamby's voicemail.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom