• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vice Principals - Danny McBride & Walton Goggins - HBO Comedy - [update: S2 trailer!]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Show's getting better with each episode as the characters get fleshed out more and more. This week's was really good, managing to deliver rapid fire 80s school movie humor and feels.

Bitanator

Show has really great depth to it, not only does it have laugh out loud moments, but really subtle comedy as well, along with some great moments of emotional clarity, it is pretty amazing.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
Very funny episode. Good stuff.

The best part about this line is it's so explicit that if you saw the MA warning at the beginning, this episode got dinged for "Nudity".
I can't tell if you're straight joking or if you forgot about Lee showing the kids a whole ton of nude photos.

Bread

Banned
loved lee's reaction to belinda saying "you're a lying sack of shit"

gamby is going to be her right hand man and he isn't even trying. lee's gonna freak out.

Alpende

yhZQxy8.gif

I love Goggins in this. He is so good. 'The other way you stupid piece of shit'.

efyu_lemonardo

May I have a cookie?
Snodgrass is way more fucked up then the series initially had me believe :)

Also, Lee's look at the end gave me a real strong "I wish I had kids of my own" feel. Anyone else get that vibe?

Snodgrass is way more fucked up then the series initially had me believe :)

Also, Lee's look at the end gave me a real strong "I wish I had kids of my own" feel. Anyone else get that vibe?

You shut your funny looking too big mouth, any women who writes dragon furry fanfiction is a 10/10

and yeah not sure what Lee's look was supposed to mean, then again I was still 99% sure he was gay so that character completely perplexes me, in a good way

Bread

Banned
nvm misremembered the scene you're talking about

I got the vibe that he just gained some respect for Gamby seeing that him and his daughter had such a special bond.

I think what's underrated about Lee in this episode and the end of the last one, is he's starting to realize he doesn't have life all figured out. I don't know how rapid that change is going to happen for him, but it's obvious that everyone on the show is being confronted with their own pride, and are forced to change.

efyu_lemonardo

May I have a cookie?
I think what's underrated about Lee in this episode and the end of the last one, is he's starting to realize he doesn't have life all figured out. I don't know how rapid that change is going to happen for him, but it's obvious that everyone on the show is being confronted with their own pride, and are forced to change.
Yep. I guess that's what his look at the end this week was supposed to mean. Kind of a continuation of the brass nuckles scene.

KahooTs

Yeah, they had him taking care of Brown's kids all day, kind of winning them over, and then ended on that.

I think there's a theme going on. Gamby and Brown have their own children, and when push comes to shove, they care more about the school and the children than they do their own position in it (or will be shown to). Whereas Lee, no children, would happily reign over ashes. But he might be about to change.

I never thought I'd be lauging like an idiort at all the funny shit all the way up until russel pushing everyone in the hall way and then immediately getting choked up. fuuuuuuuuck.

Vyer

I think what's also interesting is the dynamic between Gamby and Brown that's being created. Russel looks still more likely to go with their 'plan' but Gamby is likely to turn. At the same time Gamby and Russell have actually started to bond.

Really enjoying how this show is progressing. This is one of those times I feel like a lot of critics are off the mark.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
U5mh0m3.gif

[/img]http://imgur.com/0QzKkZ6.gif[/img]
[/img]http://imgur.com/L89N4LS.gif[/img]
[/img]http://imgur.com/FkU1xvm.gif[/img]
[/img]http://imgur.com/GoO45vE.gif[/img]

why do tumblr gif makers always blow out the contrast on their gifs?

I think what's also interesting is the dynamic between Gamby and Brown that's being created. Russel looks still more likely to go with their 'plan' but Gamby is likely to turn. At the same time Gamby and Russell have actually started to bond.

Really enjoying how this show is progressing. This is one of those times I feel like a lot of critics are off the mark.
it's hard show to critique because I feel like there's so many elements to it and that people value certain things. Some critics want it to be sillier, some less silly, some like the dramedy bits, some only like the comedy, etc...

I watch a lot of tv shows and read a lot of critics and the best thing IMO to do is find the critic that values the things you value for that specific tv show, whatever it may be, and then just read their reviews. The only times I read other critics is mostly for insight and to pick up on things I may have missed out on.

kmfdmpig

The show keeps getting better last episode was fantastic

I feel the same way. There was a real leap in improvement from episodes 1+2 to 3-5 and then it seems like again with 6 and 7.

This show is great now, while I was thinking about dropping it after the first two episodes.

Grinchy

Banned
I watch a lot of tv shows and read a lot of critics and the best thing IMO to do is find the critic that values the things you value for that specific tv show, whatever it may be, and then just read their reviews. The only times I read other critics is mostly for insight and to pick up on things I may have missed out on.

For me, personally, I just avoid critics altogether. Some will love a show that I love. I don't need them to tell me why I love it or justify my opinion. Some will hate a show that I love. That's not going to persuade me to change my opinion. I just don't see the point.

And yet, I watch redlettermedia and other reviews of movies. I don't know why I avoid TV show critics, but I just do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom