• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vice Principals - Danny McBride & Walton Goggins - HBO Comedy - [update: S2 trailer!]

Status
Not open for further replies.
New episode tonight:
The Good Book

Gamby and Amanda bond during teacher workday; Russell's patience is tested; Dr. Brown must deal with the sudden appearance of her ex-husband.
Note that this has a later start time tonight due to an extended finale of The Night Of.

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
Large black male.

Clown shove was perfect. Has every episode had an "extra credit" interview at the end or was this the first time?

Arkeband

Banned
This show is so fucking good.

It's so good to the point where I'm afraid of its inevitable decline in quality. I hope they end it on a high note.

Matty77

"Your a fucking Truck Driver, a dirty smelly truck driver".

Best episode again each one is better than the last, and the end finally fulfilled more range for Danny that the character has been promising all season.

Bang up job sad there is only two more left.

DashReindeer

Lead Community Manager, Outpost Games
The more this show continues, the more it reveals itself to sort of be the anti-Eastbound and Down. There's an emotional core to this series that just wasn't really there in EB&D. These characters feel a little more honest and along with that comes a little more investment on the side of the viewers regarding what happens to them. I know that the show started off slow, but I think its definitely come into its own as something entirely different than Eastbound and Down while retaining some of that show's edge.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
BPCSF7c.jpg

yeah I think she's a nurse. she was wearing scrubs in the show once.

anyways this series is so money right now. it still has some of the hilarious mean-spirited humor of eastbound and down but these characters also have some more emotional depth to them. like i think gamby is just inherently a better person than kenny powers

Matty77

like i think gamby is just inherently a better person than kenny powers
Totally agree. I love Danny's Schtick, he has no range and is a writer, acting just kind of happened, so while I love what he does and never get sick of it I never expected a character I sympathized with. I love how he is able to still do his thing but there is now emotional weight and a redeemable character behind it.

Also love how they throw a lampshade on Danny's act when Lee starts dressing him down over his humor and comeback style.

Seriously my favorite show of the year, which is saying a lot in a year with Stranger Things.

Chase17

"Do you want to cheat on her right now?"

Probably the best episode yet. The clown part was hilarious. Was also amused at Gamby talking as if he was never going to see his daughter again.

The clown sequence had me rolling. The goofy slapstick of them crawling through the ventilation system was funny, too. The show does well shifting gears rapidly.

"Oh these are your kids? What strong genes. One of them looks like Will Smith and the other....Well I bet he's real nice."
"Look like a goddamn french dip sandwich!"

RobotVM

I have a rule that I give shows I am interested in 3 episodes to decided if I will keep watching. I watched the pilot and it was really cringe worthy to me and a had to pause it a number of times to make it through. I almost gave up, but due to my rule I stuck around. I am really glad I did. Each episode seems to improve on the one before it and it is in my top 3 shows this year. I actually stayed up late last night until the new episode showed up on the HBO GO app. It was also an hour late but it was worth it.

Aiii

So not worth it
I can't explain why but the random slapstick hits me so hard in this show. When he backed into the lamp post, causing it to fall over on top of both parked cars, I was in literal tears, and then came the shoving of the clown. Love it. Absolutely love it.

I can't explain why but the random slapstick hits me so are in this show. When he backed into the lamp post, causing it to fall over on top of both parked cars, I was in literal tears, and then came the shoving of the clown. Love it. Absolutely love it.

"Jesus, Gamby!"

I just pull them off of tumblr and the like when I see them. Giphy has a full page of gifs and the 'giphy tv' feature in the top right where they're just looping random gifs from Vice Principals is highly entertaining.

Ah nice.

I feel like I remember a site that used to do overnight reviews with gifs and screencaps built in...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom