• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Video of man working on shop projects in garage released as "visual album"

Status
Not open for further replies.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
I def don't like the way things in the music game are going with exclusives and vague release dates but I gotta admit that shit is effective. The music game has changed a lot over the past couple of decades so guys like Ye and Frank leaving people dying of thirst creates all type of buzz.

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
it took Dre 7 years to follow up Chronic with another classic, 2001.

These things...they take time, ya'll
I've been waiting for 2003 for the new Wrens album. Their previous album came out in 1996, and they said "we'll never take 7 years between albums again." New joint in 2017!

The wait for this record is nothin'.

Catvoca

Banned
it took Dre 7 years to follow up Chronic with another classic, 2001.

These things...they take time, ya'll

I think an artist should take as long as they want to make and put out an album (MBV was worth the like 20 year wait), it's the constant teasing and general fuckery without giving fans any concrete info. that can make the Frank or Kanye stuff a bit annoying.

I think an artist should take as long as they want to make and put out an album (MBV was worth the like 20 year wait), it's the constant teasing and general fuckery without giving fans any concrete info. that can make the Frank or Kanye stuff a bit annoying.

Agreed. Take as long as you need, but don't say "soon..." every chance you get a spotlight because the more you do it, and the longer there's still nothing, the more aggravated people will get.

It's why Metallica has become a joke. They release Death Magnetic, say there's going to be a Metallica followup, release one of the worst collab albums ever in the meantime, release a bunch of one-off live concerts in the meantime, and next thing you know it's 8 years later and they're still saying "soon...". The average kid started and ended both high school and college in that time span.

Blader

The magazine thing is really bizarre to me. Why does anyone care about Frank Ocean making a magazine? Why IS Frank Ocean making a magazine?

MAKE SOME NEW MUSIC

I love PND, but he ain't no Frank Ocean :(

I wouldn't say that, he's still a tease but at least we can expect something.

When that July 29th rumor ran amok, he waited until 9PM on the 28th to say the release date was always August 12th. Could have told us a week sooner but waited until we were at the top to tell us there was nothing to catch us down below.

Plus, we're a week away and he STILL hasn't given us the track listing beside the singles thats already dropped.

Judderman

drawer by drawer
What drops first: Winds of Winter or Boys Don't Cry?

For some reason, last night my mind conjured up this alternate universe where George RR Martin had a live stream up at thewindsofwinter.co

It was a stream of him just doing menial things at the Jean Cocteau Cinema. Restocking napkins, popping popcorn, idk.

In the background you hear Roy Dotrice's voice, but he's not saying words, just syllables. Intermittent syllables.

"Prince..Was...Pro-...Az-...Ah-...Re-...Night-...Mel-"

It was at this point that I decided that I needed to go to bed.

Mortemis

Banned
Waiting on this album like:

eGoJtpK.jpg

same

I wasn't even expecting it, I said it too, yet somehow I still feel like I caught an L

Dartastic

Worst part about this is we have no idea what's actually happening here or if the album even is launching today. This sucks.

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I'd like to know the reasoning behind this. You got an exclusive. Let the people hear the music.

I understand this generated media but damn son. People are interested in you without all the gimmicks

Technically nobody officially announced it was coming today. Wasn't that just a rumor

Still, most definitely something is happening soon finally. That site wouldnt have been updated with a stream if the album wasn't coming so soon. And with an apple music logo to boot

Technically nobody officially announced it was coming today. Wasn't that just a rumor

Still, most definitely something is happening soon finally. That site wouldnt have been updated with a stream if the album wasn't coming so soon. And with an apple music logo to boot

I remember when I had hope too

It will pass

Ovid

Is that true? I thought it was an Apple Music exclusive and they announced it was coming today? Not true?

Mr. Ocean, the innovative and enigmatic R&B singer, is set to release his next album, “Boys Don’t Cry,” on Friday through an exclusive deal with Apple Music, according to a person with knowledge of the release plans. The release is also expected to include a major video and a printed publication called “Boys Don’t Cry” that will be distributed at Apple stores.
This "person" must be held accountable lol.

A spokesman for Mr. Ocean’s label, Def Jam, did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

“Boys Don’t Cry” is one of the year’s most anticipated new albums, and Mr. Ocean’s first since “Channel Orange” in 2012, which was widely hailed by critics and nominated for six Grammy Awards (it won one, for best urban contemporary album). Mr. Ocean himself first announced the new title three years ago, and seemed to play with the long wait when he included the image of an old-school library due-date slip labeled “Boys Don’t Cry” on a website connected to the album, with a series of stamped dates going back over a year. Given the number of delays the album has already had, it seems possible that Mr. Ocean could decide to put off the release beyond Friday.
nytimes.com

That was on Monday.

Despite several false starts, Frank Ocean's highly anticipated sophomore album Boys Don't Cry could be seeing the light of day this Friday. The New York Times reports, per a source, that the project will be an Apple Music exclusive for "only two weeks before becoming more widely available" and will be accompanied by a video and publications to be sold at Apple stores

billboard.com

NYTimes needs to check their "sources".

Fjordson

Is that true? I thought it was an Apple Music exclusive and they announced it was coming today? Not true?
Nah, don't think there was any sort of formal announcement from Apple or Frank Ocean's people. Just the report from the New York Times.

Obviously something is happening soon with the website and the livestream and shit, but don't think there's any guarantee that we're about to actually get the album today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom