• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Video of man working on shop projects in garage released as "visual album"

Status
Not open for further replies.

giga

It's okay guys. Instead of listening to boys don't cry, we get to watch the olympics opening ceremony. It'll be just as good.

Even if doesn't make it today, It still should be out relatively soon. I can't think of any other reason why he'd dick around in some random well filmed workshop to ambient noise with random sprinkled in instrumentals.

Vire

This gimmick shit is lame as hell. So much for it being about the music these days.

I blame Kanye.

Fjordson

What kind of sources does the NYT have? Fucking Chris Broussard? Shameful fam.
:lol

aaa15.jpg

People should just listen to dvsn and forget Ocean. In the crowded r&b game now he doesn't even stand out above the rest.

if you say so. personally i prefer channel orange and nostalgia ultra over plenty of these RnB artists albums. only guy who might throw up some competition if he keeps up his output is jeremiih.

Polari

This kind of bullshit is why people pirate stuff. I'm sure the artists are getting paid enough to make up the losses, but you have to think this leads to people pirating it who otherwise would have bought it. Not to mention the other effect, which is it runs down the quality of the services, driving people to think if they can't find everything on a single paid legal platform, there's a free illegal one with none of that nonsense.

This kind of bullshit is why people pirate stuff..

These little young kids have no direction,
Shit, these lil' kids will pirate anything

Syrup, painkillers, cigarette, weed
Hennessy, vodka, hah-hah-huh, hah-hah

Sorry, I'm listening to junk while waiting for musical greatness to arrive.

dvsn is pretty bland and one note

This is how I feel about Frank Ocean compared to someone like Miguel. And while I feel the standout tracks on Channel Orange are really good, the album is way too bloated. I'm perched for the new album in hopes that he tighten things up but im not going to play his waiting game for long. Too many other talented r&b artists for this crap.

People should just listen to dvsn and forget Ocean. In the crowded r&b game now he doesn't even stand out above the rest.

Completely disagree. Frank is far and away the best writer in the modern r&b scene and the production within his music is so much more uplifting and varied than the 'alt r&b' artists.

Didn't Apple Music post something on their instagram this week? Kinda seemed like confirmation to me but maybe I'm being trolled

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Didn't Apple Music post something on their instagram this week? Kinda seemed like confirmation to me but maybe I'm being trolled
One of the head guys posted a pic of the stream with emoticons saying new music was coming. Part of why this is so frustrating, there's so much smoke but still nothing.

Just drop it at midnight like Pablo.

This is embarrassing. I wish I knew what the pull of Frank Ocean was. I don't see him being far superior than Miguel, before-pop Weeknd or even people like Dvsn or Majid Jordan. Channel Orange was good, but Kaleidoscope Dream was a far superior R&B album in 2012.

At least he'll have his album out before Usher ever will.

Best wishes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom