• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Video of man working on shop projects in garage released as "visual album"

Status
Not open for further replies.

vern

Sorry I'm not up to date on these streaming services, this means it's not available for sale on iTunes? Only can stream it for two weeks? Why the fuck would they do that? Apple is splitting their own music store? Am I missing something? How can I stream music while I'm flying? Or in the subway? I really hope I'm confused about this and they aren't actually only making it available to stream.

Sorry I'm not up to date on these streaming services, this means it's not available for sale on iTunes? Only can stream it for two weeks? Why the fuck would they do that? Apple is splitting their own music store? Am I missing something? How can I stream music while I'm flying? Or in the subway? I really hope I'm confused about this and they aren't actually only making it available to stream.

I believe with Apple Music you can download albums to listen to when you don't have a connection.

The reason they are doing this is the same reason anybody secures exclusive content, to drive customers their way.

It's exclusive for a limited time.

vern

I believe with Apple Music you can download albums to listen to when you don't have a connection.

The reason they are doing this is the same reason anybody secures exclusive content, to drive customers their way.

It's exclusive for a limited time.

So I can pay a subscription and download as many songs as I want for free to listen to when I'm not connected? Does it know when I cancel my subscription?

numble

I know you are in China. An Apple Music subscription in China is only 10 RMB/month, or about $1.50. You can download music if you subscribe.

vern

I know you are in China. An Apple Music subscription in China is only 10 RMB/month, or about $1.50. You can download music if you subscribe.

I don't listen to enough music. I just wanna buy an album when one comes out that I'll probably like. If I cared enough about music I'd know about these subscription services I guess. I don't wanna be locked into a streaming service. I think I'm on 2 gb per month data plan too. So lame. I'll wait til I can buy it outright. Or just download on baidu or Qq music for free when its up there.

Lol all these "I want this , I want that..." I sound so spoiled. Fuck. Just wanna listen to frank ocean.

HiiiLife

So much Apple salt lol.

Good thing I've enjoyed the service for the past year and reaped the exclusives. Bring it Frank.

Interesting, I just cancelled my Apple Music subscription after a year. Good service, but has some issues for those anally-retentive about their music organization and formatting.

SeroTyler

First one to talk gets to stay on the aircraft!
Wait, so is this going to be only available through steaming services after those first two weeks? Chance's album did this. -_-;

Chance just did that because that was mixtape. You can download that for free on Datpiff now. I'm sure this will get a full wide after the two weeks.

Still no Channel Orange vinyl...

robotrock

Banned
Chance just did that because that was mixtape. You can download that for free on Datpiff now. I'm sure this will get a full wide after the two weeks.

Still no Channel Orange vinyl...

I could have sworn there was a legitimate, orange colored vinyl release of Channel Orange.

Zaph

I swear this album exclusivity shit is going to drive me back to piracy.

Will I be able to just buy it on iTunes, or do I have to subscribe first?

Gattsu25

Banned

I know someone that, once they know that the album has been confirmed and is exclusive, will pirate the shit outta it who would have bought it if the means were available instead.

I'm patient, though. I got enough music to listen to...hell, I'm still stuck on this:
RtBiFGZ.jpg

Fiend

You're probably not the only one who thinks that way.
You'll have to subscribe to apple music, it won't be on itunes at first.

FaintDeftone

I can wait two weeks. Apple Music is garbage and not even Frank Ocean can turn me away from Spotify. I made the switch when I redeemed my 3 month free trial of Apple Music to save some cash and I didn't even make it through two full months before I switched back to Spotify.

Yeah no. That was most likely to do with his collaboration album with drake which would require tidal x apple.

Doubt it as that news came after those tweets, and Frank & Kayne have a close working relationship (having worked on each others album). Think about the rise in subs Tidal would have had if Frank went with them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom