• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Video of man working on shop projects in garage released as "visual album"

Status
Not open for further replies.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
I'm so excited for this.

It's a shame his pre-Channel Orange/Lonny Breaux stuff doesn't seem to be available on iTunes or Spotify or whatever (?) I defer to youtube to listen to it, but so often it gets pulled.

I should probably build something just to prepare of an incoming major L tonight. I currently don't have anything that could possible hold the size of that kind of L.

Form both Frank and Travis.

Haribi

Why isn't there a Star Wars RPG? And wouldn't James Bond make for a pretty good FPS?
Never been this excited for an album before. Hope it comes close to his previous work.

Fuck this exclusivity shit tho

That second clip is absolutely beautiful and not at all what I would have expected from Frank. Sounds like 80's guitar pop or something. Are we sure these are from the album?

Kinda wish I hadn't listened to that clip. Gonna be massively disappointed now if that's not on the record.

the strings he played a couple days ago were really beautiful too. i'm gonna be disappointed if a lot of this doesn't make the album. it's great.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
I'm so excited for this.

It's a shame his pre-Channel Orange/Lonny Breaux stuff doesn't seem to be available on iTunes or Spotify or whatever (?) I defer to youtube to listen to it, but so often it gets pulled.
They're around. The internet is a big place

Fjordson

the strings he played a couple days ago were really beautiful too. i'm gonna be disappointed if a lot of this doesn't make the album. it's great.
I was just expecting a decent spacey R&B album, but these teasers are out of left field in the best way possible.

That second clip is on repeat rn. Sounds like some Cocteau Twins shit or something.

Can I expect a cover version?

baGGN6R.jpg

bman94

The fuck, music exclusivity? Unless I'm deliberately trying to find new music to purchase, I hate fucking with music streaming services.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
The fuck, music exclusivity? Unless I'm deliberately trying to find new music to purchase, I hate fucking with music streaming services.

Exclusivity in 2016 doesn't really mean shit. Especially with music. If you're sly enough you can find anything floating in the shallow end of the internet pretty easily. No exclusive.

Looks like he back again. Carrying boxes out the screen (to the left of the workstation). Louder talking in the background. Seems they're prepping something?

Goddamn, if nothing else when this album does drop we might see less use of the fucking annoying "L" meme or slang or whatever thrown around.

Is this actually gonna happen tonight?

A. Yes
B. No
C. L
D. All of the above

How can the answer be yes & no? What, is Frank going to drop something and the something's gonna be a slip of paper in a limited edition Frank Ocean IKEA cabinet that, when all the snippets combine, help the people make the album for him? "Input this drum pattern into Ableton", "here's the first bar", "Use your handy Moog Modular synth to play this set of chords."

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I still don't believe it's happening, my body is not ready.

Resisting listening to those clips so this can be as pure as possible.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
Whatever this is playing on Frank's website right now is fucking dope.
Such a chill and funky vibe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom