• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vindictus |OT| - Auto-attacks are out, ass kicking is in.

Vasilisk said:
Mmm servers down at least for me.. I'll keep trying to log in, I wanted to play a little with the male character

East Coast is down for me as well. Had some really nasty weather in NYC. Don't know if Nexon's EC servers are affected by it.

Lebron

Einherjar said:
Anyone know the trick to knocking the Rage helm off the Red Gnoll with a spear?
I didn't use a spear, but I just kept smashing rocks on his head. Eventually it broke off.

Kuran

Banned
This game is a dream.. it is the perfect mellow blend between Demon's Souls and Monster Hunter to me.

Some of the early monsters are so well designed, that large Kobold boss is awesome. Understated and wouldnt look out of place in Demon's Souls.

The game also has the best 2D character portraits ever since Valkyrie Profile, it is just a shame that they are positioned in the bottom left corner of the screen, and that brings me to my only problem with the game... the interface is super tiny at my resolution, maybe there is an interface zoom option? Because this is ridiculous.

The combat is dynamic, the art is good, the gameplay, though laggy for me (net lag) is exciting enough.. playing it I ask myself why everyone is still paying to play WOW. Who needs a thousand heroes running around saving the world? Four people should do it! Let's Go!

Firehead

Kuran said:
This game is a dream.. it is the perfect mellow blend between Demon's Souls and Monster Hunter to me.

Some of the early monsters are so well designed, that large Kobold boss is awesome. Understated and wouldnt look out of place in Demon's Souls.

The game also has the best 2D character portraits ever since Valkyrie Profile, it is just a shame that they are positioned in the bottom left corner of the screen, and that brings me to my only problem with the game... the interface is super tiny at my resolution, maybe there is an interface zoom option? Because this is ridiculous.

The combat is dynamic, the art is good, the gameplay, though laggy for me (net lag) is exciting enough.. playing it I ask myself why everyone is still paying to play WOW. Who needs a thousand heroes running around saving the world? Four people should do it! Let's Go!
<3

LyarVonLyar

Neo Member
So what is the deal with equipment color? I got the crimson rage gloves as a boss drop and they are red, I made the boots and they blue/purple? I figured just different colors within the set, but then I see people with the same boots in different colors. Is there a way to change armor color? I know there was that armor color or w/e deal when you make your character but all of my armor up to this point has been brown, equipment color seems a bit random, unless I'm missing something (I probably am).

1stStrike

Banned
I'm up to lvl 12 now on west. Good times! Beat the first boat and I have 3 of the pieces in the rage set. I have 1/2 of the leg armors. One more and I'll have that. I don't hold much hope of ever getting the tunic, though. I need 1 more of those crystals to get that sweet looking sword.

I do need a frigging shield though. Still using that wooden shield and it totally sucks.

I'm seeing that I'm gonna have a lot of trouble playing an effective tank. Plus, nobody can aim the chains, so we always end up getting raped in the chieftan battle.

On top of that, it seems like 9/10 games I join I get 1 bar to so I always need to host my own. It's probably because I'm in NY and playing on the west coast server, but there's too many stability issues with the east coast server for me to bother with it atm.

I wonder how many people playing have bothered to remove Pando Media Booster that the downloader/installer installs. That shit rapes bandwidth.

Lebron

1stStrike said:
It's probably because I'm in NY and playing on the west coast server, but there's too many stability issues with the east coast server for me to bother with it atm.
traitor :p

Is pando media booster really a spyware program?
If I removed spyware programs like pando would it affect my ability to play the game? What do you recommend to remove it with if its okay to do so?

Bovadose

Neo Member
GeneralIroh said:
Is pando media booster really a spyware program?
If I removed spyware programs like pando would it affect my ability to play the game? What do you recommend to remove it with if its okay to do so?

Just go to control panel and uninstall it from the list of programs. Removing it doesn't effect your ability to play the game.

1stStrike said:
I'm up to lvl 12 now on west. Good times! Beat the first boat and I have 3 of the pieces in the rage set. I have 1/2 of the leg armors. One more and I'll have that. I don't hold much hope of ever getting the tunic, though. I need 1 more of those crystals to get that sweet looking sword.

I do need a frigging shield though. Still using that wooden shield and it totally sucks.

I'm seeing that I'm gonna have a lot of trouble playing an effective tank. Plus, nobody can aim the chains, so we always end up getting raped in the chieftan battle.

On top of that, it seems like 9/10 games I join I get 1 bar to so I always need to host my own. It's probably because I'm in NY and playing on the west coast server, but there's too many stability issues with the east coast server for me to bother with it atm.
Dammit Strike I been playing on East Coast I guess I have to start over :lol

What's your vent name btw?

Pando is more of a torrent program. It's always seeding that's why it's good to uninstall it. This is the reason why I manually download the game instead of bothering with the downloading program.

1stStrike

Banned
Crakatak187 said:

What's your vent name btw?

Pando is more of a torrent program. It's always seeding that's why it's good to uninstall it. This is the reason why I manually download the game instead of bothering with the downloading program.

I'm Ron on vent. My first name.

And yeah, I said I was going go to the west server last night :(

Btw I just beat the chieftan solo and got the second pair of leggings I needed, so I went and crafted those bad boys. Got the shoulders too, so I just need a couple of items and I'll have the full set! :)

Still need a shield, though.

Lebron

Crakatak187 said:
25z76nk.gif

Loam

Just out of curiosity, have they said anything about what happens to your characters once the game goes live? I would hate to invest a ton of time in this only to have to repeat the process once beta ends.

1stStrike

Banned
Wren said:
Just out of curiosity, have they said anything about what happens to your characters once the game goes live? I would hate to invest a ton of time in this only to have to repeat the process once beta ends.

You get to keep your characters. Considering the max lvl is 200 in the full game, the cap of 26 right now is just the start. The only advantage we have is that we've got double xp rates for the entire CB.

VAIL

Wren said:

They don't get wiped, you can roll them right into when it goes live.

Loam

1stStrike said:
You get to keep your characters. Considering the max lvl is 200 in the full game, the cap of 26 right now is just the start. The only advantage we have is that we've got double xp rates for the entire CB.

Looks like its time to start key begging. 200 hundred levels though? That seems a bit...excessive.

Lebron

These stupid kids have lost their damn minds with some of those marketplace prices.

Edit: The max level will be 30. The XE version raised it to 60 in Korea.

1stStrike

Banned
Lebron said:
These stupid kids have lost their damn minds with some of those marketplace prices

I remember the same thing happening in LotRO when the levels were capped to 25. You'd see lvl 25+ stuff going for crazy prices. Then as soon as the game went live all those items dropped to almost nothing and all the people that wasted money on them felt pretty dumb :lol

"These stupid kids have lost their damn minds with some of those marketplace prices"

Day 1-2 Online game economy. Gonna take a few days for the dust to settle.

I don't think I have the fuel to play MMOs anymore. I tried though. I'll wait for official release to see if the lag is reduced.

Edit: I'll give it another shot tomorrow.

Dreavus

Lebron said:
These stupid kids have lost their damn minds with some of those marketplace prices.

Edit: The max level will be 30. The XE version raised it to 60 in Korea.

Haha, I know what you mean:

"Hmm, I need some gold leather for this quest, and I don't really want to go kill the dude again... maybe I'll just buy some!"

"..."

"IT COSTS HOW MUCH?"

:lol

etiolate

Banned
2 hours of pre-maintenance when maintenance is in 2 hours? So is that going to be 5 hours of downtime? Or are they shortening maintenance now?

The M.O.B

My nickname is "WorldTitan" but the stupid censor refused to let me have "Titan" because it has the word "Tit" in it so i replaced it with a 1................. :/ Nexon Fail.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
* Update 1 (10:30 PM Pacific) - Due to unexpected technical issues, we are having an emergency maintenance earlier than previously announced schedule. Currently, expected downtime is 3 hours. We apologize for any inconvenience.*
My guess it that it goes back up at 3am PST anyway

Max

I am not Max
The M.O.B said:
My nickname is "WorldTitan" but the stupid censor refused to let me have "Titan" because it has the word "Tit" in it so i replaced it with a 1................. :/ Nexon Fail.
That's funny because a friend of mine has the name "assman"

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Hazaro said:
My guess it that it goes back up at 3am PST anyway
* Update 2 (1:00 AM Pacific) - Maintenance has been extended by 30 minutes to expand server capacity. It is expected to end at 2:00AM Pacific. We apologize for this inconvenience.
Whoop.

So much for playing before GSL started

LFG

Neophyte
are you guys playing keyboard or mouse mode? i'm using mouse mode with the "attack in the direction of the camera" disabled.

quick question for those playing in mouse mode... what key locks on to a boss? i see you can auto-lock on in the options, but is there a key that toggles it on/off?

Dreavus

Hazaro said:
Chain shot glitch right?

Also how long does it take to repair your armor? Is it piece by piece?

I'm level 11? I'll probably be hopping on West as soon as the servers go up and plunk around a bit while I watch StarCraft :D
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=407451

It seemed to me that its like 5-6 hammer swings and then you're good to go. Basically fast enough that it's not too annoying during a dungeon but slow enough that you can't really do it during a boss fight.

Not sure if it changes with more stuff damaged. I don't think so but I could be wrong.

Kuran said:

Yes! I thought of demon's souls, especially the boss fights (the mobs are too easy for me to relate though)!

It needs fine tuning still, and the lag is killer, but I'm really loving it. This is what I always wanted from an MMO: action. I do think it needs more classes, rogue and tank aren;'t enough :p Hopefully the mage adds variety, but it still needs more.

Ricker

SephirothRK said:
Unfortunately this game is too much for my crappy pc. 10-15 FPS :lol

I was fine until last evening...West was giving me the delayed response from server thing so I decided to try East and it worked...made the female character to try her style of combat and it runs at 25-30 FPS but in the main hub town,with all the people logging in and all ,i was down to 10 FPS...I haven`t tried a quest with a full party of 4 yet,I hope that runs well,otherwise I won`t be able to play this...it was a slideshow in the lobby/town for me :(

Top Bottom