• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vindictus |OT| - Auto-attacks are out, ass kicking is in.

For non USA people, I've actually managed to play a bit, pm if you want details, but I should say that I haven't been able to log in an hour, but I suspect is problem of their servers, not mine. Anyway, played a bit, tutorial and first quest, and I should say I've dreaming of a game like this from a long time :D (reminds me of Monster Hunter), and using the Source engine is brilliant.

Ferrio

Banned
Hazaro said:
Got to the first real boss.

OHKO'd my full hp party member :lol

I survived but got hit shortly after twice :[

Any level 10+ or so on West? Hit upNancy.

Hammer dude eh? Ya, i was flying through the game "this is easy" until we hit him.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Ferrio said:
Hammer dude eh? Ya, i was flying through the game "this is easy" until we hit him.
Indeed.
90m of maintenance now.

Failed killing that boss in 13 minutes twice. So close :[

*Test only for NA

Meteorain

I have a beta key, but I do not know how to activate it.

When I login, a faded pop-up window gives me a message and then a small big saying "click here" to activate beta key. When I do so, the pop-up just disappears and then that's that.

Any info on how to activate the beta key?

I have a beta key, but I do not know how to activate it.

When I login, a faded pop-up window gives me a message and then a small big saying "click here" to activate beta key. When I do so, the pop-up just disappears and then that's that.

Any info on how to activate the beta key?

Check your e-mail account.

Still won't let me log in to East. Shit fucking sucks :lol

It's down for maintenance right now.

Meteorain

All I have is the e-mail is for the Nexon Passport sign-up. The beta key was given by a fellow Gaffer. I have the client and everything.

Maybe because the servers are down I can't do anything?

The game acts really weird for me sometimes. When I do certain things it seems to freeze completely, looped sounds and all for up to 30 seconds. Things like walking up to the boat board thing, clicking "start game" and "login" in the main menu. Don't know why it happens but it's annoying. Could have something to do with the proxy, as it has to go through that to reach the servers, so maybe that is being translated into the weird freezes.

Meteorain said:
All I have is the e-mail is for the Nexon Passport sign-up. The beta key was given by a fellow Gaffer. I have the client and everything.

Maybe because the servers are down I can't do anything?

Yeah, if you're logging on now, you're screwed. It'll be back in 40 minutes.

Sectus

Maleficence said:
The game acts really weird for me sometimes. When I do certain things it seems to freeze completely, looped sounds and all for up to 30 seconds. Things like walking up to the boat board thing, clicking "start game" and "login" in the main menu. Don't know why it happens but it's annoying. Could have something to do with the proxy, as it has to go through that to reach the servers, so maybe that is being translated into the weird freezes.
That sounds related to proxies. If I try to connect, I get an error message right away. If I try to connect with a proxy (which I haven't found a working yet so far), it'll freeze with looping music for 10 seconds, and then I get an error message.

1stStrike

Banned
Maleficence said:

Haven't had any issues yet, though my gameplay experience has been about 10 minutes so far. Even still, it's been great fun and hopefully they get this shit fixed so we can actually play the fucking game. I hope their official launch goes better then this.

Meteorain

Cow Mengde said:
Yeah, if you're logging on now, you're screwed. It'll be back in 40 minutes.

I finally managed to activate it. I changed browser to IE and the clickable thing on the pop-up worked. So I went ahead and put the code in and now just have to wait for the servers to come back up :D

So far I've really enjoyed it EXCEPt for terrible ass lag sometimes during missions. I've remedied this by just hosting the missions myself. This is definitely not your average MMO but combat is fun and I think once the game/story pick up it will be awesome. I just want my character to actually look cool.

1stStrike

Banned
It looks like we're staying on west permanently, so any of you that want to join up are free to come with us. I just started and my friend is lvl 2. However, the vent server is plenty big enough for east and west, so you're all welcome to hop on. I have an afk channel setup as well with voice disabled so you can just chill there.

If need be I can separate the channels as well by east and west.

Vent info is at the bottom of the OP.

j_hiro

evilpigking said:
Is there a benefit to hard over normal since it said only thing that loot etc is the same? Just more xp?

I've noticed that I get more items per run on hard, but I could be wrong and just be lucky.

Lebron

evilpigking said:
Is there a benefit to hard over normal since it said only thing that loot etc is the same? Just more xp?
Certain AP achievements you can only get by doing the harder difficulties. Also, what j_hiro said. Some of the materials items you need for crafting will drop more on the harder difficulties.

1stStrike

Banned
Xamdou said:
Is there a certain limit on the amount you can carry? Is there a storage warehouse?

You're limited by how much you can bring into a dungeon, yes. I haven't gotten a chance to use it yet, but I'm assuming you have some kind of storage since you obviously aren't going to drop stuff onto the ground when you're trying to start a quest.

Shanadeus said:
Alright, going to try logging in now with a proper proxy.
Here goes!

EDIT: Nope, authentication error.

Don't worry, none of us can get in either since the servers are still down :lol

Bummer, I made some more progress on my East server character, Fiona, and not really happy with how she plays. Playing my West character, Lann is it, is so much more fun. He's so damn quick. Oh well, can't wait to get more GAF folk on here.

VAIL

INDIGO_CYCLOPS said:
Bummer, I made some more progress on my East server character, Fiona, and not really happy with how she plays. Playing my West character, Lann is it, is so much more fun. He's so damn quick. Oh well, can't wait to get more GAF folk on here.

I'm just the opposite

I'm going to try out Fionna later. My Lann is level 5 now. The game's very generous with the levels. It probably took me longer to get to level 5 in Dungeon Fighter Online. Here, I didn't even notice I was at level 5 until I went to my inventory to check something.

Shanadeus

Banned
Looks like they got a particular kind of physics down :lol
Yeah, I went with Fiona at first - let's see if the shield is useful.

Ricker

Finally got to play for about 30 minutes,did the Prologue and the first mission/quest and damn,the game is pretty fun so far...everything is all the way down at low on my PC but it still looks pretty good...the only problem I have left is that stuttering sound that loops for a few seconds at times and the constant change of channel warnings hehe...what`s up with that??

Anyway,Character is Mharck on the west server for now,I want to try east later on though to see if it will help.

Lebron

I don't if some people playing Fiona know this or not, but if you block "right" before you're attacked you get a perfect block and won't lose any stamina or HP.

Ferrio

Banned
Lebron said:
I don't if some people playing Fiona know this or not, but if you block "right" before you're attacked you get a perfect block and won't lose any stamina or HP.

With lag I don't think i'll be doing that. Hrm... can you block the hammer strike of the big mean red boss guy?

Lebron

Ferrio said:
With lag I don't think i'll be doing that. Hrm... can you block the hammer strike of the big mean red boss guy?
Yes, with the Heavy Stander skill you get. Press block then forward

Top Bottom