• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vindictus |OT| - Auto-attacks are out, ass kicking is in.

1stStrike

Banned
Cow Mengde said:
I'm having server troubles too. I can't access one of my character's inventory.

Yeah, I can't access the inventory on any of them. It's pointless to play if I can't get items or access what I already have :|

*sighs*

I even tried to fill out the feedback form and couldn't. I press the submit button and it just takes me to the top of the page, so I had to put in a support ticket just to submit my feedback! Which will probably get ignored anyway.

Back to the waiting game.

Xamdou

Lebron said:
I think you go to the General store, one of them has a crafting ability. Can't remember her name.

I went there but there is no option to craft the spider web to cloth or is there a specific way to do so?

Sectus

Nexon is doing a new maintenance in a short while. Probably to fix the character-login problem. A ton of the people have the same issue over at Nexon forums.

1stStrike

Banned
Sectus said:
Nexon is doing a new maintenance in a short while. Probably to fix the character-login problem. A ton of the people have the same issue over at Nexon forums.

-Time-
Pacific: 12:30 PM ~ 01:30 PM, Thursday, September 17, 2010
Eastern: 03:30 PM ~ 04:30 AM, Thursday, September 17, 2010

So I will actually get to play tonight after all. Hopefully.

Ceebs

Xamdou said:
I went there but there is no option to craft the spider web to cloth or is there a specific way to do so?
I don't think it's the base cloth you can craft from her. I know once you do the first mission on the second boat it unlocks a lot of spiderweb armor she can craft.

1stStrike

Banned
I'm getting the itch. I don't have to be to work till 9 am tomorrow, so I can sleep in a bit. I have to get a few more items and then I'll be able to make the last set of that red whatever armor.

Here's a screen of what I have so far:

2010_09_16_0000.jpg

1stStrike said:
I'm getting the itch. I don't have to be to work till 9 am tomorrow, so I can sleep in a bit. I have to get a few more items and then I'll be able to make the last set of that red whatever armor.

Here's a screen of what I have so far:

http://ssihosting.com/vindictus/2010_09_16_0000.jpg

Damn, how'd you get all this stuff? I have a crap ton of garbage but most of them are only incomplete pieces I need to craft something better. I need a knoll buckle or some shit to make a better shield.

Server's back up!

1stStrike

Banned
Cow Mengde said:
Damn, how'd you get all this stuff? I have a crap ton of garbage but most of them are only incomplete pieces I need to craft something better. I need a knoll buckle or some shit to make a better shield.

Server's back up!

The sword is from a quest and the armor is all craftable from the gnoll chieftan. You get the hat by knocking it off his head during the battle and the pieces needed to craft the armor are random. I have just the chest piece to go and then it's complete.

1stStrike said:
The sword is from a quest and the armor is all craftable from the gnoll chieftan. You get the hat by knocking it off his head during the battle and the pieces needed to craft the armor are random. I have just the chest piece to go and then it's complete.

Which monster is gnoll chieftain again? Which dungeon is he in? How do you knock off his helmet?

Poyunch

Gnoll Chieftan's the first boss where you need to chain his legs. You can get the helmet off by aiming a spear at his head. I have most of his set except for the chest.

Ferrio

Banned
PounchEnvy said:
Gnoll Chieftan's the first boss where you need to chain his legs. You can get the helmet off by aiming a spear at his head. I have most of his set except for the chest.

Can fiona chain? What's the point of it?

1stStrike

Banned
Ferrio said:
Can fiona chain? What's the point of it?

Yeah she can chain. It's great because it knocks the boss onto their back and keeps them down for like 10 seconds where as a regular stun only lasts for like 3 seconds. If you have people timing their chains well you can keep a boss down pretty much indefinitely.

Sectus

By the way, the game works great with a gamepad. The "g-box smart dual" seems to be very well suited if you have a PS2 or PS3 pad. It mapped the controls almost perfectly to my PS2 pad, I only had to change the axis on the second analog stick. I haven't tried 360 controls, but I imagine those would work great too.

I'm surprised how polished and well thought out the interfaces for this game are. It makes many modern PC games seem extremely sloppy. It's so rare you see a game which plays great with both mouse/keyboard or a gamepad setup. It's too bad it's very buggy, but well, it is a beta for a reason.

It's also very refreshing nice to play an MMO which feels original and a ton of fun. Well, in terms of how it works, it really isn't an MMO but it does exist in the same market. I just hope it becomes a success and shows other developers there's another way of making MMOs instead of cloning WoW.

Someone in the thread earlier mentioned this feels like a mix of Devil May Cry and Diablo. I think that's a pretty accurate comparison. Replace Diablo with Monster Hunter and that's literally what this game is. Anyone who likes any of those games really needs to try this.

Anybody use the marketplace? I bought a Gnoll Buckler from it and I can't seem to find it. It's not in my inventory. I know I bought it because the seller's merchandise count went down by 1 and my money also went down by that amount. I looked through it and don't see it in my inventory.

Lebron

Cow Mengde said:
Anybody use the marketplace? I bought a Gnoll Buckler from it and I can't seem to find it. It's not in my inventory. I know I bought it because the seller's merchandise count went down by 1 and my money also went down by that amount. I looked through it and don't see it in my inventory.
you have to pick it up from the mail.

Yeah I see it.

How do you get back a quest you accidentally deleted though? I deleted the Friendship Sword quest by clicking on the eye icon not knowing what it does.

Strike want my single iron ore?

I'm still exploring which character I want to play with and have no use for it atm. I'll mail it to you if you want it.

Lebron

Fuck you, little kids! I am not paying 40K for a damn Fire Spirit!

I just need 3, should have never gave that guy all my spirits for that title. Had no idea he was going to take ALL my fire spirits, just thought he would take one. Balls :lol

Leatherface

Dresden said:
I don't like playing as these meatbags. I need a mage character. Damn it Nexon.

Speaking of which, what will be available for the full release? I assume a mage will be in there....right? I really am dying to see the dynamics of harder dungeons with a full, diverse group.

1stStrike

Banned
Where are you Crak? I'm lvl 13 now just farming the first boat before I go to the second :eek:

Btw, even though played it on PS3, Demon's Souls was a great warm up for this game. I do quite well against the bosses. The chick I play with sucks ass in comparison. We failed against the gnoll chieftan because I had to keep reviving her and I slipped up. The second time I just let her stay dead and solo'd him again :lol

People that have never really used the WSAD keys before are really having a hard time with this game.

Leatherface said:
Speaking of which, what will be available for the full release? I assume a mage will be in there....right? I really am dying to see the dynamics of harder dungeons with a full, diverse group.

Evie will be out by release. Hopefully they'll put her in before then though in the open beta. Even Korea doesn't have the archer and the 2 handed sword dude yet, so we'll have to wait a bit for those.

Ceebs

Is there a use for the earrings the bosses drop? I have both Bullseye and the Mad Grizzlepaw but can't figure out what they are for.

Just started yesterday found myself playing all day/night after work. I have to say i really dig it. But I've always liked action oriented RPGs over the traditional MMORPG ever since I played Gothic.

My main complaint is the whole class system .... not really a fan that each class is an actual character's name, really odd. I know it seems petty to nitpick this, but I just find it awkward, especially when an item says: "Required lvl 10 Lann", *shudder* I suppose they do it so they can make a more interesting story, but you kind of lose the immersion when others just like you are running around.

I agree with 1st strike... definitely demon soulish... though a lot more button-mashy. That and it's a crap ton easier, sometimes a little too easy.

I've reached lvl 10 as a "beserker" class. (I refuse to say i have a lvl 10 Lann! haha) I'm just now getting all the nuances in the game. I find the farming the same dungeon for random drops in order to craft a little frustrating. (Where's the best one for just plain leather?) But then again, it's a double edged sword, because I'm one of those masochist MMO'ers from old school everquest that finds some excitement from being rewarded for hardcore monotonous farming.

Spose' I can't complain too much about the difficulty as right now
I'm stuck on getting 100 or more points on "Wind through the Ruins" to progress the story. I've done large group and small groups on normal and hard, in addition to doing it on normal and hard solo multiple times and I still can't get it! What's the trick?

Overall this game has me excited! I wish it ran better on my computer but i can't complain too much as I'm getting a new game machine next week that will blow it out of the water. It's a pretty neat new take on the MMO genre and has me anticipating where it leads to.

How do I use the chain thing? I just fought Gnoll Chieftain and got my ass kicked. I know it'll make the fight easier, but I have no clue how to use it.

"How do I use the chain thing? I just fought Gnoll Chieftain and got my ass kicked. I know it'll make the fight easier, but I have no clue how to use it"

You need to hit the legs. Also, the chain only really works if you're in a group, elsewise, you're incapacitated while holding the boss down and nobody can hit him.

It happened 2 times to me in a party. I wasn't party leader in both but somehow the leader lagged out and it wouldn't switch host at all.

I'm still level 6 :lol

Lesath

Lebron said:
Fuck you, little kids! I am not paying 40K for a damn Fire Spirit!

I just need 3, should have never gave that guy all my spirits for that title. Had no idea he was going to take ALL my fire spirits, just thought he would take one. Balls :lol

Tell me about it. I need 3 to craft the last of my Crimson Rage set, and market prices have shot way up, which wouldn't be so bad if the market actually gave you the items you've purchased.

Lebron

I have found two since then rerunning the lower level dungeons on hard. I refuse to pay those prices, but I did buy a piece of leg armor that was cheap and it was delivered to my mail just fine. Maybe it's a west server issue?

Anony

Teknopathetic said:
I wonder how many people playing have bothered to remove Pando Media Booster that the downloader/installer installs. That shit rapes bandwidth.

i cant find it on my computer, i must have unclicked it or something during the install

anyone one east want to play together now? (how do we even do this)

Anony said:
i cant find it on my computer, i must have unclicked it or something during the install

I can.. will be on soonish and most of the night;

char name's Gwyainth

Lebron

Anony said:
You just add their name, or vice versa, then they can send you invites. Since I'm on East too, I'll add you in a bit.

name is GonnaHate

1stStrike

Banned
I haven't had any issues with buying things off the marketplace on west.

Anyway, I'm on for a couple more hours trying to get one more eternity erg crystal. Going to be solo grinding probably till I get it.

Top Bottom