• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vindictus |OT| - Auto-attacks are out, ass kicking is in.

1stStrike

Banned
This game is going to eat into my overtime money at work :p

I had an awesome moment last night where I killed a boss by throwing a big chunk of rock at him... and he flies about 10 feet backwards in slow motion and then crumples onto the ground.

Don't get this kind of shit in other MMO's. This shit is addicting :lol

Ricker said:
I was fine until last evening...West was giving me the delayed response from server thing so I decided to try East and it worked...made the female character to try her style of combat and it runs at 25-30 FPS but in the main hub town,with all the people logging in and all ,i was down to 10 FPS...I haven`t tried a quest with a full party of 4 yet,I hope that runs well,otherwise I won`t be able to play this...it was a slideshow in the lobby/town for me :(

That sucks. I run the game with every graphic setting maxed out and it's smooth as butter.

Teknopathetic said:
I wonder how many people playing have bothered to remove Pando Media Booster that the downloader/installer installs. That shit rapes bandwidth.

Fuck, I just deleted it a few weeks ago and now it's back. Must have been because of Dungeon Fighter Online. Gotta uninstall again.

I'm mainly playing on East Coast server as Fartman.

HAttyboy said:
Is the Servers down?

It better not be. I was just about to go play. Let me check.

Edit - Hmm, I'm patching right now.

Edit 2 - Nope, everything is fine for the East Coast server right now.

HAttyboy

Cow Mengde said:
It better not be. I was just about to go play. Let me check.

Edit - Hmm, I'm patching right now.

Edit 2 - Nope, everything is fine for the East Coast server right now.
Hm, I getting DC all the time :/

edit- Do I need open some port on my router?

Ricker

HAttyboy said:
Hm, I getting DC all the time :/

edit- Do I need open some port on my router?

No,it`s like that,lots of people trying and you get the no response or disconnects often...make a character on the 2 servers(East,West) and cross your fingers for now...

HAttyboy

Ricker said:
No,it`s like that,lots of people trying and you get the no response or disconnects often...make a character on the 2 servers(East,West) and cross your fingers for now...
I cant even login, and create any char.

Meteorain

I think my Proxy has stopped working. I managed to patch the game without it, and then when I go to run it I'm told I cannot connect to the patch check failed.

Sigh, now to try and find a new one...

Edit: Found one

Meteorain said:
I think my Proxy has stopped working. I managed to patch the game without it, and then when I go to run it I'm told I cannot connect to the patch check failed.

Sigh, now to try and find a new one...

Edit: Found one

Funny... same thing happened to me. Maybe the patched blocked proxies?

1stStrike

Banned
lol you guys are giving me flashbacks from the korean RF Online beta days. They blocked US IP's so I went through a ton of different proxies. I think I spent more time trying to find good proxy IP's then playing the game :lol

Meteorain

The worst part about the proxies seems to be the fact that I lag out so much when I join a party. I pretty much cannot solo "A decisive battle" by myself as the guy just slaps me and I die.

I may try with hook chains this time though, not sure if that will do anything to him.

Scrow

Still Tagged Accordingly
can someone explain the appeal of this game? i've watched some videos and i just don't see what's so great about it, but impressions in this thread seem positive.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Scrow said:
can someone explain the appeal of this game? i've watched some videos and i just don't see what's so great about it, but impressions in this thread seem positive.
You react, attack, kick a lot of stuff.

Feels impactful will all the physics. Mainly kicking.
Just a fun game to play right now.

I'm level 14 now, finished up the first part of the missions.

VAIL

Scrow said:

It's not a MMO in the traditional sense...more of a brawler, but it does it right. To me at least it's just fun, the polish is there and slamming Gnolls never ever get's old.

It's kind of like Monster Hunter but with physics. You don't target and turn on auto attack. You physically dodge attacks and use combo attacks, grapples, tools and the environment to kill things. Traps are actual traps, like pitfalls, falling blocks, spinning blades, etc.
You have a central hub where you craft, get quests, trade etc. Then you head out to the dock and queue up for a group to that dungeon or go at it solo. Each dungeon is about a 5-15 minute affair that ends with a boss battle. You can repeat any dungeon to collect resources for crafting and complete the various challenges, like complete dungeon in less than 5 minutes.

Has anyone figured out how to trade with another player?

Lebron

Scrow said:
no shitty point and click.

Meteorain

Some serious problems with the West server for me. Looks like a lot of people are on, I can login, but when I go to load my character, it just loads forever.

Scrow said:

You slam a monster's face into the wall, then scrapes his face across the wall while any monster in the way also gets knocked down.

Some serious problems with the West server for me. Looks like a lot of people are on, I can login, but when I go to load my character, it just loads forever.

East server is running right now. Try that.

BTW, does anyone know how to use the reg crystals? I got these blue ones that says I should take it to Brynn and he'll make me HP potions. I took it to the guy and don't know what to do. I can't trade or craft with it.

Ceebs

Meteorain said:
Once you get on, your inventory will not load. No clue if I will get the drops from the dungeon I just ran.

Fitz

Damn, finally got this installed and patched and my wireless adapter has now decided to stop working, I'd like to blame the random Pando crap that got installed with the game, but I'm pretty sure my adapter is just screwed. Going to have to wait until after the weekend to play now. :(

Man the loot in this game is so fucked up. It's ridiculously hard to find simple stuff like cloth, yet I defeat a boss twice, and from that I get 5, yes 5, Chieftan hammers. I needed exactly one for an item I wanted to craft. You know what I needed more? Red Gnoll leather, from those two fights I got 1. I need about 10 of those leathers, yet I get so few. If more of an item is required for crafting it should be easier to get than an item which you only ever need 1 of. That's common sense.

There's no way anyone can look at that situation and think it makes sense, no one. Plus the whole, "finish off" system of getting loot is a bit unexplained and confusing.

I'm gonna give up on farming for crafting materials now, this is just wasting time.

Lebron

Maleficence said:
Man the loot in this game is so fucked up. It's ridiculously hard to find simple stuff like cloth, yet I defeat a boss twice, and from that I get 5, yes 5, Chieftan hammers. I needed exactly one for an item I wanted to craft. You know what I needed more? Red Gnoll leather, from those two fights I got 1. I need about 10 of those leathers, yet I get so few. If more of an item is required for crafting it should be easier to get than an item which you only ever need 1 of. That's common sense.

There's no way anyone can look at that situation and think it makes sense, no one. Plus the whole, "finish off" system of getting loot is a bit unexplained and confusing.

I'm gonna give up on farming for crafting materials now, this is just wasting time.
Yeah it sucks. They nerf'd the drop rates. Wasn't this hard to get craft materials before.

How do you do anything with Brynn? I got this magic powder I want to strength my stuff with and the description says talk to Brynn. I talk to him, but I can't do crap. can trade and craft, but those have nothing to do with strengthening my stuff with the magic powder I just got.

Cow Mengde said:
How do you do anything with Brynn? I got this magic powder I want to strength my stuff with and the description says talk to Brynn. I talk to him, but I can't do crap. can trade and craft, but those have nothing to do with strengthening my stuff with the magic powder I just got.

I'm having similar problems. I had the "Acquiring Titles I" that told me to get some Gold Gnoll Leather and give them to Shayla, I got 6 of them already and everytime I go to Shayla I only have the "chitchat" option. oO

I also finished "Watch out for Fomors" quest that told me to talk to Marrec but he also doesn't say anything.

:S

Metalmurphy said:
I'm having similar problems. I had the "Acquiring Titles I" that told me to get some Gold Gnoll Leather and give them to Shayla, I got 6 of them already and everytime I go to Shayla I only have the "chitchat" option. oO

I also finished "Watch out for Fomors" quest that told me to talk to Marrec but he also doesn't say anything.

:S

For that, you need to use the story option. You'll be asked if you want to give it to her. Give it to her and you'll earn the title.

Cow Mengde said:
For that, you need to use the story option. You'll be asked if you want to give it to her. Give it to her and you'll earn the title.

Like I said, I only have the Chitchat option. The Story one is greyed out.

LFG

Neophyte
i can't get anything out of my mailbox now =( might just give it a rest for a couple days and let them iron out some of the server issues.

VAIL

I think we should discourage the Euros from playing right now the latency just drags a whole party down...

Ceebs

VAIL said:
I think we should discourage the Euros from playing right now the latency just drags a whole party down...
9/10 parties I am in are total lag fests. Not sure if it's the Euros or just people with bad connections hosting.

Sectus

Thanks to Vasilisk I finally was able to log in!

Ceebs said:
9/10 parties I am in are total lag fests. Not sure if it's the Euros or just people with bad connections hosting.
I'm sure it's the latter. Me and my friend are playing right now, I'm in Norway and he's in Australia. That's close to a worst case scenario. I'm sure the ping between us is around 400. But it's still fully playable, so the netcode is pretty good.

If there's extensive lag which just isn't some odd delay when attacking enemies/scenery, that's a bad host.

Lebron

Metalmurphy said:
Like I said, I only have the Chitchat option. The Story one is greyed out.
I had this too. I would leave and come back or log off and try again, then it would work. Also, some of the combat titles take a while to register. The neck grabber one for instance took a while to finally register after I had completed it. It was still saying 1/10 grabs even though I knew I had done over 30. So yeah, shit is buggy.

edit: this game is a kinds of buggy now. Apparently, now I don't have any gold or storage :lol

Not only that, but I KNOW i got to level 14 before I logged off last night. Yet now, I'm back down to 13! Yup, this is a Nexon game, teehee.

Sectus

Well, this is a bit worrisome. I can login and create a new character. But I can't login with the character I've already been playing as.

Anyone else encountered a similar bug?

Sectus

I checked Nexon forums and one person says there's a bug with the mail or marketplace system which might make your character unusable. Dunno if it's true.

Poyunch

Yeah no inventory, items, or gold. I still have what I have equipped though. Anyway I was wondering what's the best way to keep a worm from dying so that I can finish it and harvest some iron ore. I need a lot of iron ore, especially now. :lol

If anyone's having trouble reconnecting with their character, do this.

After being stuck on character and booted back to the "Start Game" screen with the boat follow these directions:

1.Exit Game

2. Log out completely from the Vindictus website.

3. Log back in (through the website)

4. Open your game client (through West or East)

5. Start Game and login with your character as usual.

It just happened to me, and I followed those instructions and it worked.

Sectus

Cow Mengde said:
If anyone's having trouble reconnecting with their character, do this.

It just happened to me, and I followed those instructions and it worked.
Those instructions did not work for me :<

I'm not sure if I should wait and see if this fixes itself or start a new character. It kinda sucks to have to start from scratch again.

Top Bottom