• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vindictus |OT| - Auto-attacks are out, ass kicking is in.

jediyoshi

Sectus said:
I'm surprised how polished and well thought out the interfaces for this game are.

This. Aesthetically, I love how clean it looks. I also love how you can just alt tab back to other Windows and the game doesn't feel like it's going to kill itself.

vindictus2010-09-1609-rkm5.jpg

Ive been really enjoying my time with this. I agree that the game is well polished and a really awesome interface. It works so well. I personally like the tiny icons it doesn't get in the way. I'm now really looking forward to more unique drops and weapons. I think I'm going to stick with my East Fiona, lag isn't as bad and Fiona is a great tank. Thanks GAF for the beta key!

Dresden

I can't see myself going back to even a AAA title like Old Republic or Cataclysm after this. Physics... actual combat... good looking characters... damn you, Korean MMOs! You'll break my heart with bullshit paid content and enforced grinding BUT WHY IS THIS SO PRETTY

Dresden said:
I can't see myself going back to even a AAA title like Old Republic or Cataclysm after this. Physics... actual combat... good looking characters... damn you, Korean MMOs! You'll break my heart with bullshit paid content and enforced grinding BUT WHY IS THIS SO PRETTY

You know I just saw the Gundam Musou trailer in the other thread and it just doesn't compare. This game has physics in its combat!!! I can't imagine how I'll go back to playing any other 3D brawlers after this. I've played many of the modern brawlers on Wii and PS3 and it's hard to see myself going back!

Moussi

whatevs im about to download this. u guys sure there is nothing sketchy beyond the pando which i'll get rid of anyways?

TheExodu5

Banned
Where can I get an access key? This seems pretty cool.

edit: ahh I see the OP points to a request thread. Guess I'll have to wait til open beta is over.

1stStrike

Banned
TheExodu5 said:
Where can I get an access key? This seems pretty cool.

edit: ahh I see the OP points to a request thread. Guess I'll have to wait til open beta is over.

There should still be keys available. I have 2 spares if there's no more in that thread as well.

Lesath said:
The game in itself is very grindy, but the combat is so compelling I can overlook that.

I'm not sure I agree with it being very grindy. I went up levels faster than I thought, and I'm playing both male and female characters. Yeah, the drop rates can be a pain, but they're optional except for the quest items; which drop 95% of the time anyway.

1stStrike

Banned
Cow Mengde said:
I'm not sure I agree with it being very grindy. I went up levels faster than I thought, and I'm playing both male and female characters. Yeah, the drop rates can be a pain, but they're optional except for the quest items; which drop 95% of the time anyway.

XP rates are doubled right now for the beta. Max lvl is 200. It's made by Koreans. There will be grinding :lol

Lebron

1stStrike said:
XP rates are doubled right now for the beta. Max lvl is 200. It's made by Koreans. There will be grinding :lol
Where did you get the max level bit from? The Korean version max level is 60. I believe ours is 26 or 28 or this phase, then they'll raise it to 30. Unless they announced something different that i missed?

1stStrike

Banned
Lebron said:
Where did you get the max level bit from? The Korean version max level is 60. I believe ours is 26 or 28 or this phase, then they'll raise it to 30. Unless they announced something different that i missed?

I read it somewhere, but now that you've asked me I honestly can't recall. I do believe that the maximum level is higher then 60 long-term, but I might be wrong on the exact number.

So I was blowing off dura reduce/boost skills since it didn't appear to be in game. Then I started Hoarfrost and realized it is =x. Time to work on upgrading Guard I guess.

Good stuff so far. Still can't get a second pants from Gnoll chief to finish off Crimson but gonna start working on Northern Pike.

Cloudius12 said:
how the hell do I use Blessed Magic Powder?

and dam you Fire Spirit Remnant

I dont think you can yet. Or at least I'm not far enough along. It seems like a lot of stuff slowly unlocks as you complete more and more missions so maybe it is somewhere down the line in Hoarfrost

Lebron said:
Finally completed my Crimson set, thanks to RadicalRad.

No problem! Least I could do for all the cool shit you gave me.

I got my frost dual swords or whatever made finally. Right after i bought some overpriced crystal off the marketplace to make it - 2 dropped in a row off a boss, such is life.

Was a lot of fun grouping with someone on GAF, we need to do it more! "East Syde" Style!

1stStrike

Banned
And my set is done too :lol

I managed to craft that bad ass sword in the blacksmith shop as well. I'm ready to move on to hoarfrost now :D

2010_09_18_0000.jpg

kurohana

How did you guys go about getting the fire remnants? That seems to be the only thing I'm having trouble with pertaining to that set~
I assume they come from the elementals and pots and I just have bad luck, or is there an easier way to get them? Everyone seems to have that set and I feel like I'm missing something.

VAIL

kurohana said:
How did you guys go about getting the fire remnants? That seems to be the only thing I'm having trouble with pertaining to that set~
I assume they come from the elementals and pots and I just have bad luck, or is there an easier way to get them? Everyone seems to have that set and I feel like I'm missing something.

I watched the market and grabbed em cheap

Lebron

kurohana said:
Try running through some of the lower level dungeons on Hard. I got a few doing that.

Poyunch

I noticed a problem. If you go to the shop while in the boat hub before quests, the menu for paying your tokens disappears. So you'll have to pay before going next to the shop or else you can't go on the quests and you'll hold everyone back.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
kurohana said:
BREAK EVERYTHING.

Also in frost caverns the mini boss rooms so far I've had 2/4 times them drop in there. So just break everything.

"I noticed a problem. If you go to the shop while in the boat hub before quests, the menu for paying your tokens disappears. So you'll have to pay before going next to the shop or else you can't go on the quests and you'll hold everyone back."

Click the tokens tab at the bottom of the interface to bring that back up.

Poyunch

Teknopathetic said:
"I noticed a problem. If you go to the shop while in the boat hub before quests, the menu for paying your tokens disappears. So you'll have to pay before going next to the shop or else you can't go on the quests and you'll hold everyone back."

Click the tokens tab at the bottom of the interface to bring that back up.
Oh well that's better. I made it a point to pay beforehand but at least I won't be so worried about it.

etiolate

Banned
Anyone tried using the explosives yet? It says to blow up certain things to get ore, but there isn't anything particularly ore-looking so far. Is it just any big rock?

Poyunch

etiolate said:
Anyone tried using the explosives yet? It says to blow up certain things to get ore, but there isn't anything particularly ore-looking so far. Is it just any big rock?
Yeah it's hard to notice if you aren't actively seeking it out. You'll notice it a lot more once you know what it looks like.

Go to the area where you fight the Chieftan. From the back of the room (or the place where you start) go to the bottom right corner of the room. You'll see some weird rocks you can blow up.

kurohana

etiolate said:
You'll know what nodes look like as soon as you see them. It looks like a small rock formation with gems sticking out. They're kinda small though, but they stand out enough. There's quite a bit more in the caverns area.

2vvuo2q.jpg

I guess I spoke too soon about having trouble with the remnants~

Lebron

RadicalRad said:
Was a lot of fun grouping with someone on GAF, we need to do it more! "East Syde" Style!
Yeah, hopefully we can get a GAF group together for the level 20 Polar Bear Raid. That should be fun :lol

Jim Stark

Neo Member
Is the drop rate on Bryliane's heart really low? I've killed that damn thing 4 times now and it hasn't dropped its heart yet. Twice on Hard mode too.

Recon

Banned
Jim Stark said:
Is the drop rate on Bryliane's heart really low? I've killed that damn thing 4 times now and it hasn't dropped its heart yet. Twice on Hard mode too.

I fought it 3 times before getting my heart...

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
I'm very envious of US GAF. I have two spare keys. PM me if you're intersted or I'll post them in beta thread later.

Jenga

Banned
if you see a dude with the wolf helmet and a pink outfit with red gloves that's me

also seeing the chicks tits flop around at the mission intro scene when they wear the crimson suit is hilarious

Top Bottom