• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vindictus |OT| - Auto-attacks are out, ass kicking is in.

I know I said I wasn't going to farm for materials, but I did, and I eventually got what I needed to complete the crimson rage set. :D

Didn't take as long as I'd feared, onyl about 3 more battles with the chieftan, though I did buy a fe things from the marketplace, like leather.

I also used the marketplace to complete the light mail armour set.

LFG

Neophyte
Maleficence said:
I also used the marketplace to complete the light mail armour set.

i just did the same thing! :lol i don't like farming mats though, what i need never drops =/

Dexa said:
i get some error when i launch the game via the site:
[NGM] ??? ??? ???? ????? ??? ??? ???.

help? :(

That's kinda beyond us. Ask Nexon, they might be able to better help you.

I think people are underestimating Lann. He's actually really good at crowd control. I tested this area with tons of spiders and Fiona got out of it in worse shape than Lann. It's hard when you're surrounded 360 degrees, and Lann's skills just makes it easier to take out crowds like this.

Velion

My Char on East Server.
2d9s181.jpg

1stStrike

Banned
Dexa said:
how can i join pvp "battlegrounds"?

PvP isn't in yet.

Cow Mengde said:
That's kinda beyond us. Ask Nexon, they might be able to better help you.

I think people are underestimating Lann. He's actually really good at crowd control. I tested this area with tons of spiders and Fiona got out of it in worse shape than Lann. It's hard when you're surrounded 360 degrees, and Lann's skills just makes it easier to take out crowds like this.

I got a Lann up to lvl 10 last night. I was definitely wrecking mobs quite a bit with him, and his slide skill is great, but he's obviously squishier. I love being able to just throw up my shield and shrug off a blow with my Fiona.

Shanadeus

Banned
Dexa said:

Getting the same thing when I launch the game from the website and turn on the proxy in the start menu before entering the game.
And when I start it up manually I can't pick any servers, the server window comes up as empty :(

Europe here, maybe that's the issue?

Mairu

oh hey it's 9 am

Unsure of what armor to go for after crimson rage. I'm level 23 and wear a few of the Wind Crust set that I've gotten from quests but everything I see has less STR and AGI usually than the Crimson set or I have to put a lot more points into heavy armor to wear any of the Northern Pike stuff. Almost to the level cap, at least I should be able to AP farm :X

Anyone know when the AP given for quests resets?

1stStrike

Banned
Dexa said:
:-(
boring.

how do i get new items/weapons?
what are the boss drops all out about - what can i do with those materials?

- Craft them/Complete quests.

- See the screenshots we've all been posting of the red armor, swords, hats, etc. You use them to craft stuff.

nataku

Is there no way to adjust font size in the interface? Alot of the text is really, really tiny. I have to lean up close every time I need to read something that isn't in the dialog box, chat window or pop up text.

Overall though I'm enjoying this a lot. The presentation is fantastic.

Velion

Mairu said:
oh hey it's 9 am

Unsure of what armor to go for after crimson rage. I'm level 23 and wear a few of the Wind Crust set that I've gotten from quests but everything I see has less STR and AGI usually than the Crimson set or I have to put a lot more points into heavy armor to wear any of the Northern Pike stuff. Almost to the level cap, at least I should be able to AP farm :X

Anyone know when the AP given for quests resets?
I'm going with light armor due to the fact it weights a lot less than heavy. and Lann doesn't have a high weight limit like Fiona.

Wait, how do I forge the Crimson Armor set? I'm looking at the forge and I don't see anything about it. Maybe my level's not high enough? I just got the the Gnoll Chieftain, but haven't beaten him yet. I'm kind of determined to solo him for shits and giggles.

Is there no way to adjust font size in the interface? Alot of the text is really, really tiny. I have to lean up close every time I need to read something that isn't in the dialog box, chat window or pop up text.

I guess the only way is to lower your resolution. Might as well turn up your AA if you can afford to run this at 1080p or something. This looks mighty nice at 720p with 4xAA.

Cow Mengde said:
Wait, how do I forge the Crimson Armor set? I'm looking at the forge and I don't see anything about it. Maybe my level's not high enough? I just got the the Gnoll Chieftain, but haven't beaten him yet. I'm kind of determined to solo him for shits and giggles.

The crimson army set unlocks after you defeat the Gnoll Chief. My advice for you (or anyone else having trouble on him) is to carry spears and use the environment wisely. You will probably notice that your normal attacks and even smashes if you manage to get them off in time dont do a lot of damage.

Throwing spears into his face does significant damage as well as breaking the helmet. Throwing shattered columns, rocks, pots, hell even the melons also does high damage with a high chance to stun allowing a smash combo.

Also once he gets down to his last life bar he gets fatigued and stops to rest a lot more often making it easier.

Also watch his feet, whether he does a straight smash or a spin depends on if he lifts his leg back or not (don't remember which is which but it is consistent).

Ceebs

The Crimson Rage stuff unlocks after Decisive Battle, The 2 light armor sets open up after Hoarfrost Hollow, and Northern Pike unlocks after Fomorian Order.

Ceebs

jediyoshi said:
finally got out of those ridiculous crimson gloves, hated the demon arm look :lol
The boots for that set are a nightmare to make. Needs a gem that is pretty hard to come by.

jediyoshi

Ceebs said:
The boots for that set are a nightmare to make. Needs a gem that is pretty hard to come by.

Had to marketplace those, brutal prices ]:

Dexa said:

Just ran into this after a restart,
gotta disable PeerBlock/Guardian

Lebron

I did and the prices be crazy. I'm not going to contribute to fucking up the economy. I'll just keep at the dungeon runs and hopefully I'll get lucky. If not, that piece isn't getting crafted :p

Brannon

This game doesn't piss me off like 99% of all other MMOs out there, so that's already a good start. I also like that in this MMO, when your sword swings straight through somebody, IT FUCKING HITS THEM instead of relying on some ethereal random number generator that could also get you hit by an enemy melee attack even if you're 500 feet away from them because damn it, if you're scheduled to get hit, you're going to get hit and deal with it.

The grinding for materials and items, I have no problem with that. I understand that it is a Korean MMO and they're famous for the long grind, but screw that, if I can't get it in a few passes, I'll just buy what I need at the marketplace; the game throws more than enough money at you anyway, and I tend to sell my excess materials at around 50-75% of the marketplace value, so the money never stops.

On an off note, I'm getting a Phantasy Star Online vibe from this, so maybe that's why I'm more into this MMO. Or the superior controls. Or the picking up gnolls and breaking them on my knee. Or the picking up stone columns and chucking them in a boss' face. I haven't even used chains yet...

Are tokens broken at the moment? I used about 10 early yesterday than logged off for a bit came back on later last night and had 50 again.

Not sure if that was intentional for the beta or not.

1stStrike

Banned
evilpigking said:
Are tokens broken at the moment? I used about 10 early yesterday than logged off for a bit came back on later last night and had 50 again.

Not sure if that was intentional for the beta or not.

They regenerate on Friday's and Mondays, so maybe they regenerated after you used them?

Brannon said:
This game doesn't piss me off like 99% of all other MMOs out there, so that's already a good start. I also like that in this MMO, when your sword swings straight through somebody, IT FUCKING HITS THEM instead of relying on some ethereal random number generator that could also get you hit by an enemy melee attack even if you're 500 feet away from them because damn it, if you're scheduled to get hit, you're going to get hit and deal with it.

The grinding for materials and items, I have no problem with that. I understand that it is a Korean MMO and they're famous for the long grind, but screw that, if I can't get it in a few passes, I'll just buy what I need at the marketplace; the game throws more than enough money at you anyway, and I tend to sell my excess materials at around 50-75% of the marketplace value, so the money never stops.

On an off note, I'm getting a Phantasy Star Online vibe from this, so maybe that's why I'm more into this MMO. Or the superior controls. Or the picking up gnolls and breaking them on my knee. Or the picking up stone columns and chucking them in a boss' face. I haven't even used chains yet...

I've made a crap ton of money off the marketplace so far. Lazy people FTW

I just realize I never completed the veteran gear quest. How do I get the other 2? I have the pants, but I'm missing the others. I can't find where to craft them, or where to buy them. I think the shops are a bit annoying in this game. Kinda hard to figure out where most stuff is despite so few of them.

Cow Mengde said:
I just realize I never completed the veteran gear quest. How do I get the other 2? I have the pants, but I'm missing the others. I can't find where to craft them, or where to buy them. I think the shops are a bit annoying in this game. Kinda hard to figure out where most stuff is despite so few of them.

You should have earned them all from quests. Eventually you can craft them from Fergus (The Forge) once you advance a battle or two into Hoarfrost if you sold them by accident.

Loam

I have to say I really hope this game succeeds, it's such a breath of fresh air compared to all of the Warcraft clones out there. It could really use some more polish in places (It's still in beta after all) but whats there plays really well. My only real complaint so far is the item drop system. I must have run the same battle at least fifteen times now trying to get a "Frozen Heart" or something to drop for a quest I've had for the last four levels. Anyone know if there's a way to affect the drop rates? I've been running it on Hard/Solo mode thinking that would increase my chances to no avail.

Also whats the deal with "spiderweb"? The tooltip says it can be crafted into cloth but nobody I've talked to has figured out how.

j_hiro

Wren said:
I have to say I really hope this game succeeds, it's such a breath of fresh air compared to all of the Warcraft clones out there. It could really use some more polish in places (It's still in beta after all) but whats there plays really well. My only real complaint so far is the item drop system. I must have run the same battle at least fifteen times now trying to get a "Frozen Heart" or something to drop for a quest I've had for the last four levels. Anyone know if there's a way to affect the drop rates? I've been running it on Hard/Solo mode thinking that would increase my chances to no avail.

Also whats the deal with "spiderweb"? The tooltip says it can be crafted into cloth but nobody I've talked to has figured out how.

From what the tooltip says LUK helps increase the chance something drops. Although I would guess specific items are still random so it just gives you more chances.

I believe in the General Store there is someone there that can craft cloth.

evilpigking said:
You should have earned them all from quests. Eventually you can craft them from Fergus (The Forge) once you advance a battle or two into Hoarfrost if you sold them by accident.

Oh ok. I should focus on my other quests first then.

1stStrike

Banned
I'm hopping on now to go for boat 2. If anyone on west is on and wants to group up shoot me a message. User is Elvirnith (lvl 14 atm)

So will our characters really persist to live? I haven't played much because I really dont want to waste time on a character that will be killed come live.

Velion

GhostRidah said:
So will our characters really persist to live? I haven't played much because I really dont want to waste time on a character that will be killed come live.
Yes, early open beta chars will carry over into open beta then live.

Ok, I just solo the "friends?" quest and it was epic.

I holy tricking the Gnoll Veterans to crowd around the pillar and then move out of the way. The entire pillar crumbles and they all fall to the ground. :lol I seriously don't know how I can go back to any brawler without physics!

Shadow780

So I just started after the first tutorial quest with wooden soldiers. I came back and spoke with town oracle, she told me to go to the Forge and obtain a mission, I spoke with the woman at the Forget but I can't trigger the story mission, help?

Lebron

Bah, the one time I see an Amethyst drop it goes to some other person:p

I also love when I bring the mining bombs but never get any of the drops :lol

Top Bottom