• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vindictus |OT| - Auto-attacks are out, ass kicking is in.

Shadow780 said:
So I just started after the first tutorial quest with wooden soldiers. I came back and spoke with town oracle, she told me to go to the Forge and obtain a mission, I spoke with the woman at the Forget but I can't trigger the story mission, help?

You have to wait a bit. Finish a quest or two and then you can activate this quest.

Man, it's hard to imagine soloing the friends quest with Fiona. I just did it with Lann and no potion. My armor broke, but I still beat the boss.

kurohana

Cow Mengde said:
You have to wait a bit. Finish a quest or two and then you can activate this quest.

Man, it's hard to imagine soloing the friends quest with Fiona. I just did it with Lann and no potion. My armor broke, but I still beat the boss.
I did it on hard with the no potion oath. Having it set so you don't attack where the camera is facing helps a lot, of course.

kurohana said:
I did it on hard with the no potion oath. Having it set so you don't attack where the camera is facing helps a lot, of course.

What's the default? I never messed with it so I don't know what I have. I'll try hard later. I gotta see if I can beat it with Fiona solo first.

kurohana

I'm pretty sure the default setting has you attack where the camera is facing. I never tried any of the other control schemes other than keyboard and mouse, if that even matters.

I'm pretty sure mine isn't set to where to camera is facing. I can attack in any direction no matter where the camera is. I use pure keyboard set up.

LyarVonLyar

Neo Member
After three days I am burned out on this game. I'm not sure why my total play time is probably around 10 hrs. I really enjoy parts of this game, mostly the combat, but I can't seem to overcome the feeling that something is lacking. However, hands down, this is by far the best free to play experience I have ever had.

kurohana

Cow Mengde said:
I'm pretty sure mine isn't set to where to camera is facing. I can attack in any direction no matter where the camera is. I use pure keyboard set up.
I could have set it to attack in the direction of the camera for some unknown reason. Either way, that's basically all you'll need to finish that quest solo~

Lackmus said:
omg, is it US only?

I'm from Europe, so I have downloaded like 5 GB with low internetspeed for nothing? -_-

Never got a note about it in the site.

Yeah, they are blocking IPs outside of the states.

The M.O.B

So is there a secret to not getting so much lag?

My connection is just fine, but I have yet to play in a party without lagging out the wazzo.

I uninstalled that Pado thing, but didn't really help ...

Also, Add me: WorldT1tan

Jim Stark

Neo Member
Do you get the ability to craft the Northern set from the Kobold Chief or the Polar Bear? I also have 2 Fire Remnants I can give away if anyone needs to build their Crimson set. I'll be back on in about 20 minutes, name is Agitator on East

1stStrike

Banned
Yeah, I have 2 spare fire remnants now (on west) and a good chunk of mats if anyone needs anything. I'm about 4 missions into hoardfrost... it's hard as hell to get 100+ BP though so I'm having to repeat missions :|

So is there a secret to not getting so much lag?

My connection is just fine, but I have yet to play in a party without lagging out the wazzo.

Never has a game lagged so bad and yet still remains so epic. There were freaking 20 or so enemies on screen and the game lagging like crazy, yet the battle was still just as intense!

1stStrike

Banned
My only real complaint are the bosses. All of them are cake leading up to the "big battle" at the end with the hard boss. You can just button mash them all to death, even on hard, and all the ranged mobs/bosses miss 90% of the time.

They need to ramp up the difficulty on boss battles to make them more fun IMO.

Ceebs

1stStrike said:
My only real complaint are the bosses. All of them are cake leading up to the "big battle" at the end with the hard boss. You can just button mash them all to death, even on hard, and all the ranged mobs/bosses miss 90% of the time.

They need to ramp up the difficulty on boss battles to make them more fun IMO.
Try to solo the King Icedredge boss. It makes coin-op arcade beat-em up bosses seem fair.

Lebron

They game was originally pretty hard, but they nerf'd it due to people dying a lot before they even reached the ridiculous boss battle. This for the Korean version, I mean. So they probably didn't even bother cranking it up for us if the Koreans were having trouble :p

Lebron said:
Bah, the one time I see an Amethyst drop it goes to some other person:p

I also love when I bring the mining bombs but never get any of the drops :lol
haha same
Those Amethyst so common I see it only goes to everyone else in the party but me.
I ran it over 10 times til i got it

and Finished my Northern Pike set, now I just need the levels

Lebron

Yeah, I finally got mine. I had to end up running it solo, which pissed me off. Those 3 mini-worm bosses were annoying.

1stStrike

Banned
Ceebs said:
Try to solo the King Icedredge boss. It makes coin-op arcade beat-em up bosses seem fair.

I just did the 3 slingshot brothers with 1 other person and that was actually pretty difficult. I died once and had a lot of my stuff broken. They were hammering me. So that was a pretty intense battle at least. The ones leading up to it were all pretty easy though.

1stStrike

Banned
Leatherface said:
GAF! What should I sell? What should I hang on to? I'm afraid to clean out my inventory! ahh!
:cry

I always just look at my items and compare them to what I need to craft for my level. If I don't need any of the ingredients that are in my inventory then I put those on the marketplace. Stuff I need to craft armor/weapons with I keep.

Leatherface

1stStrike said:
I always just look at my items and compare them to what I need to craft for my level. If I don't need any of the ingredients that are in my inventory then I put those on the marketplace. Stuff I need to craft armor/weapons with I keep.

thing is i haven't even started crafting yet. I just turned lvl 9 and have no idea how that works yet. Any tips? :)

1stStrike

Banned
Leatherface said:
thing is i haven't even started crafting yet. I just turned lvl 9 and have no idea how that works yet. Any tips? :)

Don't sell anything yet. Beat the gnoll chieftan in the decisive battle and you'll get a 2nd chest for storage.

Lebron

Fuck, I just need a bunch of that red armor stuff so I can craft my red spiky shield and sword. Grrr, he never drops any for me :(

:lol :lol :lol

Several things I love about Vindictus
- No leveling up stats (Stats whores am cry unless they do titles)
- The equipment are standard, I don't see any "Above Average stats" and crap.
- No need to wear the title to get the bonus unlike Mabinogi.
- Gaining AP by the hour which is awesome

Dislikes
- Netcode for P2P in dungeons.
- I soloed Decisive battle 2 times where is my AP bonus!? (I know beta)
- Needs more Seth Rogen laughter in the background

Bonus Like
- Seth Rogen laugh in the background.

etiolate

Banned
One thing that I would like added is fire damage in the environment. It seems odd that a game that lets you slam people against walls, break vases, pick up bodies and kick people through columns and all of those sorts of things does not let you pick up a stick of fire and set foes on fire.

nataku

Aw, I lost an item in the mailbox. I didn't know we got gifts for certain levels, so when I hit ten I noticed it in my inventory. I went through clicking them and getting more gifts for all the levels I missed and eventually my inventory got full so they went to my mailbox. I cleared some space, but now I can't get my hero belt out of the mailbox despite having room in my inventory.

Lebron

Doesn't that belt disappear anyway by the end of the week? You're just ahead of the pack!

Though, the mail system has been buggy all weekend. Some items that were sent to me instant wouldn't even show up for a while. Just keep trying I guess.

Very surprised by the quality of this game.

I'm having much more fun than I imagined I would.

Can't wait to try out the caster class..

combat is so visceral.. nothing like I've ever experienced before in an mmo.

What is everybody's build.

So far mines is Rank B Slip Dash, rank C Combat, Rank D Thousand Needle. The reason why I rank up Slip Dash to B because I know a lot of moves will be using it later on. I'm working on Thousand Needle next.

Dreavus

Crakatak187 said:
What is everybody's build.

So far mines is Rank B Slip Dash, rank C Combat, Rank D Thousand Needle. The reason why I rank up Slip Dash to B because I know a lot of moves will be using it later on. I'm working on Thousand Needle next.

Can't remember my other stuff but I started upgrading meditation to D and instantly regretted it... that's 210 AP that I will never get back.

Well, technically I WILL get it back, but it will take upwards of forever. I haven't done the math but essentially it was a terrible idea.

Dreavus said:
Can't remember my other stuff but I started upgrading meditation to D and instantly regretted it... that's 210 AP that I will never get back.

Well, technically I WILL get it back, but it will take upwards of forever. I haven't done the math but essentially it was a terrible idea.

Unfortunately yeah, meditation is never worth leveling up.

You are not alone on that. I too made that stupid mistake :lol

Muhahah no more avatar quotes for now. I'll ask for a resize later when I revive James Franco.

jediyoshi

greatest little touch ever: when the northern pike boots break, they simulate the strap breaking off by the armor plate waggling by the ankle with full physics :lol

vindictus2010-09-1822-05fr.jpg

Has anyone had trouble downloading the client? I've tried twice and both times it kills my internet connection so I have to disconnect from my router and then reconnect but then when I go to resume the download the program doesn't work. I'll double click, hit yes to administrator then the box for the downloader flashes and disappears... I'm not sure what's going on.

Top Bottom