• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vindictus |OT| - Auto-attacks are out, ass kicking is in.

Poyunch

Ya since I don't have jellies I'll probably just go for Sweetie Bear.
It doesn't need jellies too does it?

Mairu said:
I have no clue to be honest :lol
Meh I tried everything and no dice. Since I only have classes until Thursday morning I'll just play catch up when I go back to my house.

Sectus

PounchEnvy said:
Ya since I don't have jellies I'll probably just go for Sweetie Bear.
It doesn't need jellies too does it?
You need it for the gloves and boots.

I'm just taking a break from the game myself. Got all quests completed except for the one where I need 11 ice crystals, and some equipment quests. And I have 3 pieces of sweetie bear crafted. So I'm waiting for the next content patch before playing again.

Has anyone heard of the XE (Xtreme Edition) version of the game? That's apparently an alternate version you can play on the Korean servers. It adds jumping and a more indepth combo system, and even a combo meter (along with DMC-style comments) on the right part of the screen. It also seems to make bosses easier by giving them more stun animations. 2 videos about it here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SOhHHtCwZBY
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S-ngx-8YwVk

I really like the current combat so I dunno if that's an improvement or not. But I imagine that's a version they'll probably add to the English version at some point.

Also, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oWlrElonkD4 - sweetie bear outfit in real life!

Sent

Sectus said:
You need it for the gloves and boots.

I'm just taking a break from the game myself. Got all quests completed except for the one where I need 11 ice crystals, and some equipment quests. And I have 3 pieces of sweetie bear crafted. So I'm waiting for the next content patch before playing again.

Has anyone heard of the XE (Xtreme Edition) version of the game? That's apparently an alternate version you can play on the Korean servers. It adds jumping and a more indepth combo system, and even a combo meter (along with DMC-style comments) on the right part of the screen. It also seems to make bosses easier by giving them more stun animations. 2 videos about it here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SOhHHtCwZBY
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S-ngx-8YwVk

I really like the current combat so I dunno if that's an improvement or not. But I imagine that's a version they'll probably add to the English version at some point.

Also, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oWlrElonkD4 - sweetie bear outfit in real life!

That second video is neat

Sectus

I doubt they'll add jumping by itself. The normal Korean version plays just like the one we're playing now. The changes they added to XE, is only in the XE version.

Mairu

Sectus said:
I doubt they'll add jumping by itself. The normal Korean version plays just like the one we're playing now. The changes they added to XE, is only in the XE version.
I think the problem with XE is that they gave characters new moves and jumping, but they didn't rebalance the game around them. So the game is a huge joke in terms of challenge.

1stStrike

Banned
XE would be fun if it was harder. They actually made the gnoll chieftan slower and easier to dodge. There's a comparison video with an Evie on youtube showing the gnoll chieftan in regular vs XE and he's completely retarded in XE.

IMO the normal difficulty in XE should be hard mode + macha in the regular game.

Does the game get any better and do the environments open more as you level up? Games a little boring at this point. Go through same lame ruins, defeat same lame enemies, find boss, grind, rinse and repeat.

And I finally met my first MMO nutjob... "I'm the party leader and what I say goes!" :lol

Sectus

riceandbeans said:
Does the game get any better and do the environments open more as you level up? Games a little boring at this point. Go through same lame ruins, defeat same lame enemies, find boss, grind, rinse and repeat.

And I finally met my first MMO nutjob... "I'm the party leader and what I say goes!" :lol
The level design gets better in the 2nd episode, but as with a game like Devil May Cry the core gameplay is about fighting enemies in small closed off environments.

I think when the official game comes out I'm just going to level to 30 and log on every 3 days to level skills up until everything is maxed according to the skill level requirement.

Cow Mengde said:
My coins seems to refill every 2 hours.

I kept track of 2 coin refills today.

6 p.m Pacific and 8 p.m Pacific. It's 12:34 a.m and there hasn't been a refill since 8 p.m.
Yesterday it refilled at 7 p.m and 9 p.m I think.

I think it doesn't refill late at night but it probably refill during the day time when most people are on.

Either that or there is limited refill every day.

Shaheed79

dabbled in the jelly
This game reminds me a LOT of Monster Hunter 3 Tri. I definitely wouldn't call this a traditional MMO which is probably why I like it.

1stStrike

Banned
If it was as hard as Demon's Souls most of the people playing would give up when they got trashed by the first boss and then lost all their gold only to die again on their way to retrieve it and lose it for good. Or to lose it to some other player that picked it up. Or something.

Ricker

Cloudius12 said:
Have you tried window mode?

Damn that worked actually...weird...this game makes me come so close to upgrading my 5 year old rig,got to resist because there`s not really any other game per say for now,well maybe FFIV,but that`s coming on the PS3,until Diablo III that I will have to upgrade...

Reached level 10 finally lol,with all the different classes and all coming,this game should be great.

Ricker

PounchEnvy said:
So how do you open Window Mode?

Ummm,you just go into options before starting the game and click windowed mode instead of full screen...then the marketplace ,in game,loaded for me...in full screen mode,it doesn`t.

Raide

I got an early code, downloaded it and then it all fell to bits. US only. :( I am rubbish with proxies and stuff, so I will have to wait till then announce an EU beta.

1stStrike

Banned
Raide said:
I got an early code, downloaded it and then it all fell to bits. US only. :( I am rubbish with proxies and stuff, so I will have to wait till then announce an EU beta.

:(

They should make that more obvious on their website. Lots of europeans/aussies have been like "yay vindictus" then they download it and are like "noooo i'm ip blocked :("

I've actually been considering moving to Germany in the coming years, but man... I'd miss out on all the good games :|

Just finished the first two quests (on normal). It's fun so far, but not much challenge. I wish I had more time to dive in.

Mairu said:
The third area is even better than the second

If it keeps up I will definitely continue to play this game

Your avatar is awesome. I just started playing RCR EX for the first time (I played RCR a few times a while back) last week.

prodystopian said:
Just finished the first two quests (on normal). It's fun so far, but not much challenge. I wish I had more time to dive in.

Your avatar is awesome. I just started playing RCR EX for the first time (I played RCR a few times a while back) last week.

The early quests are meant to be easy. The challenge will slowly ramp up when you get to around level 8 or so.

Speaking of RCR, this game really does sort of play like a modern version of RCR.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Bored.

2vl2n1t.jpg

prodystopian said:

Want a challenge play Hard mode on Season of Mecha solo :lol

1stStrike

Banned
prodystopian said:

Yeah I thought the game was super easy. Then I got stomped by the gnoll chieftan 3 times. They wanted to ease people into the game, so they didn't go all out till the end of boat 1. You'll see more of a challenge in boat 2. I think they should've ramped up the difficulty a little bit earlier as I played the shit out of Demon's Souls so not only am I masochistic but I adapt quickly.

Cow Mengde said:
The early quests are meant to be easy. The challenge will slowly ramp up when you get to around level 8 or so.

Speaking of RCR, this game really does sort of play like a modern version of RCR.

I didn't think it would stay this easy. Glad to hear it.

I just realized how incredible RCR is as an ARPG with upgradeable stats and moves. Was there an ARPG that good before it?

Sent

1stStrike said:
Yeah I thought the game was super easy. Then I got stomped by the gnoll chieftan 3 times. They wanted to ease people into the game, so they didn't go all out till the end of boat 1. You'll see more of a challenge in boat 2. I think they should've ramped up the difficulty a little bit earlier as I played the shit out of Demon's Souls so not only am I masochistic but I adapt quickly.

Yeah my friend and I got to the Chieftan and both got 1 shotted in the same swing like "Holy sheeeeit." Well that happened 4 more times after that :( It was on hard though since I put every mission before than on hard because they were relatively easy.

1stStrike

Banned
Sent said:
Yeah my friend and I got to the Chieftan and both got 1 shotted in the same swing like "Holy sheeeeit." Well that happened 4 more times after that :( It was on hard though since I put every mission before than on hard because they were relatively easy.

Yeah as soon as I got to the chieftan and the cut scene started I knew I was in for an ass kicking. There's always an ass kicking when you have a cut scene for a boss. :lol

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Just started today, and damn, this game is a ton of fun. I'll definitely be playing after it launches, too.

1stStrike

Banned
I'll probably spend some money on the game. I don't really spend my money on much else, and I have an awesome job. So I can't really complain.

About AP grinding, is it that bad? I'm only at level 19 and some of my skills can't be leveled up after hitting B rank. Otherwise, AP isn't that hard to come by. I wake up next morning and I get like 30 AP overnight. I never leveled up my meditation skill either.

People are only AP grinding because there isn't shit else to do until Nexon releases the other boats. Me personally, I just put the game on ice until then.

Teknopathetic said:
People are only AP grinding because there isn't shit else to do until Nexon releases the other boats. Me personally, I just put the game on ice until then.

Wait, isn't the limit on how much AP you can hold capped at 100, or did I read it wrong?

"Wait, isn't the limit on how much AP you can hold capped at 100, or did I read it wrong?"

Yes it's 100, but they're not holding it, they're spending it as well. They're just trying to get their skills as high as they can for now.

1stStrike

Banned
I'm not going to grind AP in this game. I had my fill of grinding when I played RF Online (1 month of grinding to go from lvl 49 - 50). Not doing that shit anymore. I'm just in it for the fun and the loot :D

Anyone have idea on when they plan to offer any more beta keys? I've been searching, but most of the giveaways have been a few weeks old ;(

1stStrike

Banned
Shadowhaxor said:
Anyone have idea on when they plan to offer any more beta keys? I've been searching, but most of the giveaways have been a few weeks old ;(

Check your PM. I had two accounts registered and I gave away my 2 keys on one of em, but I can't remember if it was the two keys from this one or if it was the other one. If that one doesn't work I'll give you a key from the other account.

Besides, open beta starts on the 6th, so I doubt they're giving out anymore keys.

Got it working on my Nvidia G210M (mobile). The framerate display didn't seem to work correctly, but bumping the specs way down, it runs smoothly.

What are the channels? I keep seeing "you've been moved to channel XX".

Also, I'm seeing the difficulty ramp. Definitely enjoying the game.

1stStrike

Banned
prodystopian said:
Got it working on my Nvidia G210M (mobile). The framerate display didn't seem to work correctly, but bumping the specs way down, it runs smoothly.

What are the channels? I keep seeing "you've been moved to channel XX".

Also, I'm seeing the difficulty ramp. Definitely enjoying the game.

Channels are just chat channels as far as I'm aware. It just moves people between them to load balance so far as I can tell.

Top Bottom