• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vindictus |OT| - Auto-attacks are out, ass kicking is in.

Poyunch

Dreavus said:
That's cool! What do you mean you "decided" to make it? As in... you just made a whole bunch and hoped for blue ones?
Haha yeah wrong wording. I just went and looked for blue armor pieces in the marketplace. Although I was planning on forging randomly with the swords though because a lot of people have asked me for my swords. :lol

Mairu said:
If you're worried about stuff to get rid of you can check the Korean DB w/google translate and just look at the icons for the items. Majority of stuff you don't need to keep.

http://thisisgame.com/heroes/item.php?category=%B9%AB%B1%E2
Ah thanks.

Poyunch

So to those AP grinding how do you do it? I mean all I've been doing is speedruns of White Tyrant. All I get is 10 AP after each quest. Am I missing something or is every this patient. I want to be all maxed out and stuff but I just can't stand the grinding. :lol

Sectus

PounchEnvy said:
Well I don't think I have it in me. :lol Luckily the new content's not too far behind.
If you've done all the content, just hold off from playing it until the open beta starts. It's not as if you're supposed to max out all your skills at lvl26. People must become burned out in the long run if they keep farming like that.

Anyone have an extra beta key? I'd like to play with my little bro but I gave away my own keys :-\ Trying to get him into MMO's and this seems like a good start.

Edit: NM, got one from a key giveaway. Success!

Anyone else getting super bad lag? Literally couldn't play a game today. My character would freeze mid-way and I'd get connection timed out.

riceandbeans said:
Anyone else getting super bad lag? Literally couldn't play a game today. My character would freeze mid-way and I'd get connection timed out.

Strange, I've actually been having some of the best connection in the recent 2-3 days. Usually 4 bars with a team.

Cow Mengde said:
Strange, I've actually been having some of the best connection in the recent 2-3 days. Usually 4 bars with a team.

Same here I tend to be able to host pretty solid games... I used to not be able to, I feel as if the maintenance they did the other day helped.

I beat Decisive Battle today with another level 10 Lann (I was at 11 or 12, though). He glitched at one point and I was able to take off almost 2 full bars without him moving. :lol

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
What time does the boat trip count reset?

Mairu

Halycon said:
What time does the boat trip count reset?
It's currently random, takes anywhere between 1-6 hours, on the hour usually

The KR reset time is only on Monday & Friday, so let's hope they don't adapt that when the game goes into OB/live

I think today is the last day before they shut down the closed beta. If anyone wants to play, I'll be around most of the day.

ProDystopian on East.

Poyunch

It's going to suck not being able to play this when I get back home. At least it's only for a week. next weekend I'll be all up on that game and at least I won't miss much because the game would only be live for a day.

SoU8i.jpg

ndF0c.jpg

I love how smileys actively affect your avatar. I didn't try out with other smileys though. Oh and that KillingSpree guy was a jerk. He took the game waaay to serious. Not to mention he was condescending too. I did one quest with him and left because I didn't want to deal with him.

5lxo8.jpg

Scary eyes. Looked better on the screen.
Man I get so addicted to in-game screenshot modes.

Sectus

Metroid said:
Is the beta (open/closed?) available for European players? Really want to try it out.
Nope, but there's ways to get around the IP block they have.

A European beta is supposed to start sometime in 2010, but I won't be surprised if that's delayed.

Mairu

Don't plan on staying up late tonight :p

Nexon Forums said:
Hey guys! Potatomatic here and I'm just as excited as you guys are to revisit the world of Colhen! Woohoo! The Vindictus team is working hard trying to make sure all the kinks and knots are sorted out before we do the massive Open Beta launch! I just wanted to tell you guys that it will NOT be a midnight release, so please get plenty of rest for tomorrow. In the meantime please continue to browse our forums or check out our other Nexon games. The game will be released when it is ready. Wink

- Potatomatic -

Poyunch

I won't be able to play until Thursday so I don't really mind. I bet there's going to be level 38s by the time I get home though. :lol

Mairu

Hi everyone,

Hope you got plenty of sleep in preparation for the big day. We're aiming to launch today at 2pm PST, so sit tight. The time is almost here Party!!!!

-Kalika
Game up soon

Hurry up patch :(

The M.O.B

OMG OMG OMG SO MUCH NEW CONTENT!

BUT I HAVE CLASS FOR THE NEXT 6 HOURS!!!!!!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

While im gone, somebody start the GAF guild on the West Server plz!

Dreavus

The M.O.B said:
OMG OMG OMG SO MUCH NEW CONTENT!

BUT I HAVE CLASS FOR THE NEXT 6 HOURS!!!!!!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

While im gone, somebody start the GAF guild on the West Server plz!

This is... exactly my situation too D:

Sectus

Well, game is up and running and eep... payment system is all in place. And so far it looks like it's the same as Korean version.

You can pay for platinum tokens, and there's a bunch of new customization options, which you need to pay for (they aren't even permanent, each option lasts 30 days).

I'm curious how often they've got normal tokens to be recharged at. Platinum token costs 50 cents each.

Xamdou

Cow Mengde said:
Bah, I heard from people who're done patching says there's still no Evie.

Patch notes never mentioned Evie, maybe perhaps when the game officially launches on October 27 ;O!

Sectus said:
Well, game is up and running and eep... payment system is all in place. And so far it looks like it's the same as Korean version.

You can pay for platinum tokens, and there's a bunch of new customization options, which you need to pay for (they aren't even permanent, each option lasts 30 days).

I'm curious how often they've got normal tokens to be recharged at. Platinum token costs 50 cents each.
Looks like no more grinding for me then. Kind of a relief on my part.

"So for Lann is it better to be a Paladin or Dark Knight?"

The transformation stuff is so far away for the US that I don't think there's a point in asking. No one but people who've played the korean version would know.

Top Bottom