• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vindictus |OT| - Auto-attacks are out, ass kicking is in.

Hey guys, I just started and got through the Mercenary Training Site. I'm really enjoying it so far, but how thorough is the in-game tutorial? Is there a guide I should read somewhere that will explain the ins and outs of the game?

Played more last night. I switched to the 360 pad and it feels great. I think I prefer pad for action games like this. I fought the "wind through the ruins" boss for a second time and walked through him this time. I'm starting to get hooked.

Mr. Snrub said:
Hey guys, I just started and got through the Mercenary Training Site. I'm really enjoying it so far, but how thorough is the in-game tutorial? Is there a guide I should read somewhere that will explain the ins and outs of the game?

I saw this linked earlier:

Vindictus Wiki

It's definitely under construction, but it has some good info.

Two things I almost messed up:

1. You get skill books. Make sure you read them or you won't have that skill. I thought I had a skill, but it turned out I hadn't yet read the book.

2. You can only have 100 AP at any time, so make sure you use it to train your skills between missions. I think they explain this, but I kind of forgot.

Edit: 3. Pick things up and throw them. Throwing things at enemies is helpful, as is throwing enemies. I just started using both of these more after discovering how useful then can be last night.

1stStrike

Banned
Mr. Snrub said:

You'll pick most of it up pretty quick. The only thing you should be careful about is where you put your AP. And don't bother investing anything into meditation.

Rawk Hawk

1stStrike said:
You'll pick most of it up pretty quick. The only thing you should be careful about is where you put your AP. And don't bother investing anything into meditation.

I love the explaination the wiki page about Meditation. So after about a year you will finally start gaining from it. :lol

I just started this game up a few days ago, it's pretty fun, can't wait for the full content.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
For some reason even when I'm in windowed mode, Vindictus still covers all my other windows, regardless of which one I have selected.

Is there a fix for this?

Mairu

Open Beta OCT 13!
Week long downtime :(

The Vindictus team is proud to announce that the Vindictus Open Beta will launch on Wednesday, October 13! At that time, all North American players will have the opportunity to join the battle against the Fomors, and Early Access Beta testers will be able to keep their characters along with any leveling, skills, items and gold they have acquired!

In order to prepare for the Open Beta, we will be closing down the service during our scheduled maintenance on October 5 at 10:00pm (Pacific)/ 1:00am (Eastern). Ending Early Access a little sooner than expected will allow us to address issues that have arisen during testing.

Players will enjoy new challenges, new rewards and some of the scariest mobs and bosses they’ve ever seen in our new town Ainle, accessible from the boat on dock three.

Players will enjoy hot new character customization options including a dye shop and a beauty shop with cool new hairstyles and facial features!

Need a break from battle? Head over to the fishing dock and try to catch a big one! Fishing is a fun change of pace where players can take on new side quests without the danger of getting attacked by gnolls.

Strengthen your weapons and armor using Enhancement Stones!

Team up with your friends, or make new friends, by creating or joining a guild.

The level cap will be raised from 26 to 38. You’ll need that extra strength as the battle gets tougher!
http://vindictus.nexon.net/News/Content.aspx?boardNo=100&contentNo=009eu

Anony

what the game needs right now:
fix the lag
when the previous patch came out, i never had laggy games for that day
now, almost every game is laggy, and not the playable lag

more item slots
i have no item slots and i dont even know which item i dont need anymore, and it's all clusterfucked
there's no way to sort it too

Sent

Anony said:
what the game needs right now:
fix the lag
when the previous patch came out, i never had laggy games for that day
now, almost every game is laggy, and not the playable lag

more item slots
i have no item slots and i dont even know which item i dont need anymore, and it's all clusterfucked
there's no way to sort it too

Depends on who is leading for me. I had a slideshow of a game earlier, but everyone did. The other 2 parties were just fine

1stStrike

Banned
All that new content sounds great. But, where's Evie? Are we seriously going to go through the entire open beta without even getting try out Evie? My friend still won't play until Evie comes out as she only plays casters :|

outsida

Good I need some new content... I'm getting bored sitting on my level 26 Lann I don't really feel like starting a Fiona up.

I assume AP wont be building up since the servers will be offline?
But seriously 1 week long maintenance is way too long, even for this game.

Good news about the open beta, I stop playing a few days because of work and college, I returned to the game today and surprisingly I had played 8 dungeons, most of them with people and almost all without lag. My character is a Fiona LV 18, I expect to try the white bear before the new boat :D

Sent

1stStrike said:
All that new content sounds great. But, where's Evie? Are we seriously going to go through the entire open beta without even getting try out Evie? My friend still won't play until Evie comes out as she only plays casters :|

Your friend is just a meleeist!

1stStrike

Banned
prodystopian said:
So has anyone beat Decisive Battle solo around level 11 without glitching? I only tried once, but it seems pretty tedious to take him solo.

Yeah, some of the battles are rather tedious when soloing. You need to get 2 - 3 hits in and then dodge. It's tempting to go for the full combo, but it'll get you knocked on your ass.

Lanns will be eventually switching to Heavy armor in the future and I heard Fionas switch to plate armor.

FYI Mairu's AP farm parties rock.

The M.O.B

prodystopian said:
So has anyone beat Decisive Battle solo around level 11 without glitching? I only tried once, but it seems pretty tedious to take him solo.

Memorize when he does his different attacks, ie lifting his foot means he will spin and do massive damage, not lifting his foot means a stomp which is weak or a smash which a quick dodge can easily get you out of the way.

Im using the girl, when i dodge out of the way, I immediately begin to start my combo and usually hit him with the last strike and a smash.

Rawk Hawk

Question on titles, when I get one it says "The following Stats have been permanently improved" I was under the assumption to get the stat bonus you needed to select the title, allowing you to get one bonus. But that sure sounds like you don't need to use the title to get those stats.

So exactly what is it? You just perma get them, need to choose that title, or a combo of both (ie stats for unlocking, more for equiping).

(Unfortunately used up most of the quests I know how to complete so no idea when I'll be getting my next title to test it lol)

Sectus

Rawk Hawk said:
Question on titles, when I get one it says "The following Stats have been permanently improved" I was under the assumption to get the stat bonus you needed to select the title, allowing you to get one bonus. But that sure sounds like you don't need to use the title to get those stats.

So exactly what is it? You just perma get them, need to choose that title, or a combo of both (ie stats for unlocking, more for equiping).

(Unfortunately used up most of the quests I know how to complete so no idea when I'll be getting my next title to test it lol)
You get the bonus for simply learning the title. It doesn't matter which title you have equipped.

Rawk Hawk

Sectus said:
You get the bonus for simply learning the title. It doesn't matter which title you have equipped.

Awesome. Thanks for clearing that up.

EDIT: Oh I like how the menu tells you that right next to the title effect bonus.. /sigh

1stStrike

Banned
I'm just waiting on the next update. Don't want to burn myself out on this gem of a game :)

In the mean time, I'm replaying Mass Effect 2 with all the DLC to date. The new thief chick, Kasumi, is pretty awesome. She's found a permanent place in my party (and is more interesting then some of the party members that were originally there).

Poyunch

I got bored so I decided to make a set to match my swords. :3

Sexy stuff...
4Bp5a.jpg

mC3uN.jpg

DWqta.jpg

678Cr.jpg

Poyunch

Whatcha talkin about? Most of those are just resent mail that have old items attached to them. :p

What happens after that time limit of your mail ends?

Poyunch

Well phooey. I don't want to get rid of those items even though I don't need them. I'm just worried that in the full release I'll need those items later. :lol

Dreavus

PounchEnvy said:
I got bored so I decided to make a set to match my swords. :3

Sexy stuff...
http://i.imgur.com/4Bp5a.jpg[IMG]

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/mC3uN.jpg[IMG]

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/DWqta.jpg[IMG]

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/678Cr.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

That's cool! What do you mean you "decided" to make it? As in... you just made a whole bunch and hoped for blue ones?

Top Bottom