• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vindictus |OT| - Auto-attacks are out, ass kicking is in.

1stStrike

Banned
Anonymous Tipster said:
Come on guys, you're acting like a bunch of whiny kids.

Just be patient. It'll be up when it's up.

Adulthood+UK+Film+Premiere+Arrivals+P5Zs6VdS3ndl.jpg

1stStrike

Banned
[3:45PM]

We're still working to open Early Access Beta ASAP. Unfortunately, there are still multiple tasks to complete prior to the launch. We do not have a current ETA but we've still got a couple more hours before launch.

Thanks for hanging out in the meantime!

Neural

September 16th, here we come.

Ryuuga

Banned
There's a patch available if you launch the game with the executable in the root directory.

Updates:

-Marketplace added for Player to Player Trading
-Characters can now store 100 AP and have new leveling system
-Brand new "Level up Gift"
-Boat Shop, UI changes and in-town emotes
-Other Bug fixes

Shaheed79

dabbled in the jelly
Anymore beta keys left? Haven't played an mmo since Ultima in 97 but this looks like a game I would like to try.

1stStrike

Banned
Yeah, as others have said, you can at least get the patch now. Just go to the vindictus folder and run the .exe and you'll start patching.

notworksafe

Fiona is a balanced warrior who wields a sword and a shield. She values defense, so she uses her shield to protect herself during combat and then strikes strategically when enemies aren’t expecting it.
She can't value defense too much, since she clearly forgot to even wear pants.

That's why I want to play it! Though tbh it needs to have a lot of variety in the combat if it's gonna not get stale. The combat may be more action orientated, but if it's too simplified, then it will end up being boring.

Shanadeus

Banned
1stStrike said:
Yeah, as others have said, you can at least get the patch now. Just go to the vindictus folder and run the .exe and you'll start patching.
Was watching the clips in the vindictus folder :lol

Shaheed79

dabbled in the jelly
Maleficence said:
That's why I want to play it! Though tbh it needs to have a lot of variety in the combat if it's gonna not get stale. The combat may be more action orientated, but if it's too simplified, then it will end up being boring.
There is a very good reason why DMC style games are under 10 hrs long lol. As an action game it looks too generic and as an RPG it looks too repetitive. It's win win.

FinKL said:
Man, this patch is huge, or the servers are hammered since downloading this patch takes so long.

Didn't see this mentioned in the OP, but kinda important information for the hardcore players

A little before 2:00 in, the speaker says that character height makes a difference.

Taller chars: Wider range of attack, but slower attack speed.
Shorter chars: Shorter range of attack, but faster attack speed.
patch isn't taht big. when you finish it'll endlessly loop. you can click Ok/Cancel. Run the EXE it'll start up the game but you still won't be able to connect.

patch isn't taht big. when you finish it'll endlessly loop. you can click Ok/Cancel. Run the EXE it'll start up the game but you still won't be able to connect.

No no, it is downloading. The patch is either really big or the download is small, but it is moving. It's not the same file. It's one big file split up or something.

Anyway, I'm going to cook and eat. It's almost 8 PM here. Let see if they can launch by the time I'm done cooking, eating, and doing the dishes.

DMPrince said:

so it starts looping after the total bar fills?

1stStrike

Banned
Lebron said:
Well, on the patch screen the list all the new stuff they added, like the marketplace and what not, but no mention of Evie.

Pretty crappy, really. Evie should be in this. This chick that's going to be playing with me pretty much just wants to play a caster and we were really hoping for Evie.

1stStrike

Banned
LyarVonLyar said:
I don't recall, are the classes gender locked in this one?

You should probably read like the last half of the previous page where everyone was like "hey bro it sucks that it's gender locked"

Or like the entire Nexon forums. :lol

Top Bottom