• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vindictus |OT| - Auto-attacks are out, ass kicking is in.

*Repost from Online Match Making*

Just created a guild for east. (as far as i could tell there was none yet) The name is NeoGAF East, if you're on east and want in, just PM me on here or just try to join in game and mail me at character "Gwyainth" and I'll put you in.

Guessing I had to do the East portion because of west, damn you guys!

1stStrike

Banned
For those interested in getting the hammer skill on Fiona - it says to kill 30 mobs by throwing heavy objects at them. well, I've done this, but apparently it doesn't count it unless you smash them with heavy objects.

So, I just did a solo run and found out that I completely wasted my time >_< Not a single kill with heavy objects counted.

Grr.

Dreavus

What is the deal with this "twin spear mastery" quest? I'm supposed to kill 15 wisps with spears. I kill a bunch with the thrown spear secondary weapon, and none of it is counting towards the title. My friend tries buying some twin spears off the market place to see if that works, but he can't equip them without the mastery book!

How do I get this book?

Poyunch

Dreavus said:
What is the deal with this "twin spear mastery" quest? I'm supposed to kill 15 wisps with spears. I kill a bunch with the thrown spear secondary weapon, and none of it is counting towards the title. My friend tries buying some twin spears off the market place to see if that works, but he can't equip them without the mastery book!

How do I get this book?
That's what I thought as well. I think you may actually have to use twin spears. The problem is I don't how to get twin spears (I'm probably not there yet).

Dreavus

PounchEnvy said:
That's what I thought as well. I think you may actually have to use twin spears. The problem is I don't how to get twin spears (I'm probably not there yet).

Ah, figured it out... it IS just thrown spears. I guess the title does update as often as it should!

EDIT: aaaand he won't give me the book, even though I'm wearing the title. Awesome. :lol

Dreavus

PounchEnvy said:
Wait, what? Oh man. Okay.

Well, spears thrown at the wisps. He starts a new title track.

EDIT again: Okay, I relogged, and he granted me the stuff. Servers must be on the fritz a little bit. :p

Poyunch

Well I completed the title but before I got the ending screen the servers closed down. No Old Leather and I don't even know if they counted the title since I didn't really complete the quest. :/

Mairu

Titles will update immediately after you relog

And spears > swords all the way, even when soloing :lol

Rank 9 Thousand Needles is pretty cool though

Yeah I can get use to it. It'll make me feel better for not wanting to pay those rip off market prices to make the level 32 spear. 90k for silver really!? Fuck you!!!

Crakatak187 said:
Yeah I can get use to it. It'll make me feel better for not wanting to pay those rip off market prices to make the level 32 spear. 90k for silver really!? Fuck you!!!

You can mine silver, right? I think I've only seen it dropped in boss fights I think. If you can mine it, do what I do. Go to the polar bear raid stage all by yourself and mine there. There's a mine right there in the very beginning of the stage. Mine it, leave, and come back again. That's what I've been doing.

Mairu said:
Titles will update immediately after you relog

And spears > swords all the way, even when soloing :lol

Rank 9 Thousand Needles is pretty cool though

Did you get it? I got to A and it says 'unavailable' to train more.

Mairu said:
I didn't get it (yet), but you have to level to 30 to raise A skills to 9

Good to know. I'm just below 27, which is particularly annoying because I picked up enough broken hands to get the bone swords, crafted them, then realized I need to be level 28:lol

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Need to farm final bossu to get materials to sell to buy enhancement stones...

aghhhhhh

On the plus side:
Finished Savage set :lol
Got my new sword to +4 (Woo!)
Hit level 30

Baha

Cow Mengde said:
How do I fish? I got the fishing ticket but don't know how to use it.

There's a separate boat for fishing, should be to the left of the beginner's boat. As far as I can tell you can only go fishing in a group so join one. When you get on the boat, go get harpoons from the shop on the boat, you need them when fish appear so you can catch some. Harpooning will take some practice but you can fish all you want until the party leader decides to leave.

Beernf

Hey anyone else had an issue where the game crashes on load because of a corrupt compressed art file or something like that? Its happened 2 days in a row to me, yesterday i had to redownload the full game, worked great for half a day, and now this morning its crashing again.

Any ideas?

Dreavus

1stStrike said:
Finally got the hammer skill... but I have to lvl my longsword skill to D before I can use it?! Wth... that makes no sense lol

That's exactly like when you get the twin spears book for Lann. It needs twin sword mastery at D to be read. :lol

Beernf said:
Hey anyone else had an issue where the game crashes on load because of a corrupt compressed art file or something like that? Its happened 2 days in a row to me, yesterday i had to redownload the full game, worked great for half a day, and now this morning its crashing again.

Any ideas?

Nope, no crashing here.

Mairu

Twin Spears is ridiculously overpowered, but it's still a hell of a lot of fun :lol

I'm pretty happy with a few of the missions' difficulty and I hope that as we advance there's more of it. The only downside is the way Twin Spears works it seems too easy to just use 360 + Potions to basically wither down the opponents HP pretty easily, and it does a ton of damage.

Hit the level cap, got all the available skills, completed the majority of BP available... time to take a break and watch some SC2

Kuran

Banned
Has the game had any improvements since open beta launch? Haven't played since the first few days... I liked it, but it was a bit too laggy for my tastes.

I wish I could play it with my Xbox360 joypad..

Mairu

Kuran said:
Has the game had any improvements since open beta launch? Haven't played since the first few days... I liked it, but it was a bit too laggy for my tastes.

I wish I could play it with my Xbox360 joypad..
They've done maintenance but no actual patches.

You can use a xbox 360 controller, there's a special controller setting in the options for it

Sectus

Mairu said:
They've done maintenance but no actual patches.

You can use a xbox 360 controller, there's a special controller setting in the options for it
I think it's been patched too. There's various minor changes. Like in the avatar/character creation screen you can choose poses for the character. The quest log shows items needed for quests in a better way. Those health gem thingies in dungeons seem to have a stronger glow now.

Lag is still hit and miss unfortunately. I randomly got dc'ed from a dungeon earlier today.

Mairu

Sectus said:
I think it's been patched too. There's various minor changes. Like in the avatar/character creation screen you can choose poses for the character. The quest log shows items needed for quests in a better way. Those health gem thingies in dungeons seem to have a stronger glow now.

Lag is still hit and miss unfortunately. I randomly got dc'ed from a dungeon earlier today.
Oh, I thought he meant patches since Open Beta started :lol

Yeah the game's had a bunch of added stuff with the OB patch

Sectus

Mairu said:
Oh, I thought he meant patches since Open Beta started :lol

Yeah the game's had a bunch of added stuff with the OB patch
Oh, doh, I think it's probably me who misread. He did say since OB launch. Never mind my silliness!

Mairu

prodystopian said:
Wow. Strong Ekelch is a tough boss. I went in my first time doing Season of Macha (with a party of four). Had to be very careful at level 27
Soloing that for the first time was pretty tough :lol

Run the fuck away when his sword gets green

I wish the wiki were up to date better. I just want to know what I can sell and what I can't.

Mairu said:
Soloing that for the first time was pretty tough :lol

Run the fuck away when his sword gets green

:lol, I figured that out pretty quickly. It was fun though after some easier fights.

RadicalRad said:
*Repost from Online Match Making*

Just created a guild for east. (as far as i could tell there was none yet) The name is NeoGAF East, if you're on east and want in, just PM me on here or just try to join in game and mail me at character "Gwyainth" and I'll put you in.

Guessing I had to do the East portion because of west, damn you guys!

Just sent a request for the guild. Same username in game as here.

Mairu

prodystopian said:
I wish the wiki were up to date better. I just want to know what I can sell and what I can't.

:lol, I figured that out pretty quickly. It was fun though after some easier fights.

Just sent a request for the guild. Same username in game as here.
You can keep asking me questions and use me as the wiki :lol

I went through (almost) everything pretty quickly so details about stuff have been easily forgotten, but I'll help as best I can

1stStrike

Banned
I just hit lvl 29 a little while ago and got my bone hammer and all the skills for it (lvl'd it up to C).

I am definitely in love with how crazy the damage is on it. It just knocks everything the fuck out. I even +1'd it (soon to +2) so it's even better. Even without the DPS, the ability to just knock mobs onto the ground, 360 degree AOE smash and higher rate of critical/stun is well worth it. It's taking some getting used to, especially with bosses, but I'll master it soon enough.

Mairu said:
You can keep asking me questions and use me as the wiki :lol

I went through (almost) everything pretty quickly so details about stuff have been easily forgotten, but I'll help as best I can

Have you figured out how Enhancement works for the different stones (reg, advanced, epic)? Can you not use reg on higher level weapons/armor or does it just not give as much enhancement?

Top Bottom